Thread: BF-hardline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Battlefield is designed for large scale, vehicle and gadget based war on gigantic open maps. I've played the last four main series one and the recoil for rifles at mid range (about any rifle to rifle range you would encounter in CS) was laughable. ADS is much easier to use.

CounterStrike isn't. It's designed for small map, 5v5 tactical gameplay. It's an entirely different design approach.

Bullet drop isn't really relevant. CS maps aren't even large enough for bullet drop to take effect.
    One of my biggest pet peeves is when people bitch about recoil in a video game.

Real life is OP, why don't the guns have recoil?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    22's don't have squat for recoil due to the size of the bullet and lack of power they pack. Try that with something larger and you easily see that there's heavy recoil that's being compensated for to keep the bullets on target.

For example:

Here's a 9mm Baretta as well. You can very obviously see him compensating for recoil.

If you've ever fired a gun, you'd realize that arguing for the complete lack of recoil in games like CoD is beyond ridiculous.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-05-29 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    22's don't have squat for recoil due to the size of the bullet and lack of power they pack. Try that with something larger and you easily see that there's heavy recoil that's being compensated for to keep the bullets on target.

For example:
    I know but even the AK-47 is controllable.
    This is the Scar-H from battlefield 4 (there is no AK-47) which shoots a higher caliber round, and is the recoil really that far off?
    Go to 1:04 for the shooting

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people bitch about recoil in a video game.

Hrm lets see here a carbine shooting a 9mm when it was built to shoot 5.56 very comparable eh.

I know but even the AK-47 is controllable.
    This is the Scar-H from battlefield 4 (there is no AK-47) which shoots a higher caliber round, and is the recoil really that far off?
    Go to 1:04 for the shooting
    That video is contradictory to your post laughing at recoil though...the uncontrolled recoil of the Scar-H is huge, which is how it's supposed to be...

The thing iv always hated about the recoil in BF games is how over exagerated alot of the recoil is. Since iv fired a fair it of the weapons in real life i can atest not all of them have rediculus kickback like it shows in game specially when firing on semi mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That video is contradictory to your post laughing at recoil though...the uncontrolled recoil of the Scar-H is huge, which is how it's supposed to be...
    My point was that the guy I quoted was saying that the battlefield recoil was laughable. But there are guns that have little to no recoil in real life, and I get that the m16 usually shoots bigger rounds, but even then it has almost no recoil. So there are some guns in battlefield that have little recoil and some that have pretty significant recoil, that doesn't make their representation of the real guns wrong.

Move along.