Poll: Do you like the old talents trees or the current ones?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I like the new talents trees way more much more choice in what you want

Quote Originally Posted by deathscythes View Post
    You mean what is best for the current boss you are fighting, then you grab some more tomes and swap to whats best for the next boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    If he was reasonably hot, I'd be up for it. Alas, I'm currently dating a girl I really like, so the timing sucks. :<
    I'm warm and toasty.

I bought wildstar and am actually having enough fun that I almost forgot we were having this conversation, and when I found myself quoting myself just now so that I could explain how grossly you misinterpreted things I've said I decided it's not worth the effort when I could be playing said game (games not horrible by the way but definitely not casual friendly don't even dream of pugging a dungeon).

as far as
    you can't prove anything I'm saying wrong.
    the feelings mutual, I'll leave it at that. Enjoy hating the new and improved system, because its looking unlikely that its going anywhere fast.

It was miles ahead of this talent tree ( if you can call this new a tree ). It allowed for more " playing " and it gave you ability to be creative and create some hybrid specs... This new feels like its made for retards...

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    This new feels like its made for retards...
    That's because it is.

Same choices / end results as the old system, without the ability to make horrendously poor choices. Stupid proof.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deathscythes View Post
    Quite funny but i didn't change 1x time talent's within this expansion~>
    Pve Wise~
    Rogue wise~

I like this new system, simply because "most" of the talents are usable spells and not just passives that "increase x damage by 3%".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That's because it is.

Same choices / end results as the old system, without the ability to make horrendously poor choices. Stupid proof.
    If you design a game for idiots....
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    If you design a game for idiots....
    They're just designing for their market, they don't control the market. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It was quite difficult make "horrendously poor choices" in Cataclysm. The talents were severely cut down, with the minimum of 31 talent points in one tree before moving to anything else. Unlike before, it became a rigid system that offered no chances anymore of doing "good" or "bad" choices, just push a lot of buttons for always follow the same, logical and predictable pattern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That's because the talents are actually viable.
    If anything was made for retards, it were the old talents that gave people the idea that many shiny buttons somehow equals a choice and diversity.
    So instead now its replaced with a system that cannot be anything other than viable - retard proof.

My vote goes for the new system.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I wanted the old talents I would just go play Rift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The new system has its flaws, but the old system was utterly pointless.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Allowing you to actually have a say in designing your class with your play style (old talent trees) was a great concept for the game. The new talent trees do not maintain any of that, and no matter how much they attempt to balance them, there are still guides that tell you which ones to take and most people follow those guides.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    Allowing you to actually have a say in designing your class with your play style (old talent trees) was a great concept for the game. The new talent trees do not maintain any of that, and no matter how much they attempt to balance them, there are still guides that tell you which ones to take and most people follow those guides.
    Concept, sure, but it failed on execution.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥