View Poll Results: Do you like the old talents trees or the current ones?

Voters
966. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want the old ones back (but better)

521 53.93%
  • I like it the way it is now

445 46.07%
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    I like this new system, simply because "most" of the talents are usable spells and not just passives that "increase x damage by 3%".

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That's because it is.

Same choices / end results as the old system, without the ability to make horrendously poor choices. Stupid proof.
    If you design a game for idiots....

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    If you design a game for idiots....
    They're just designing for their market, they don't control the market. *shrug*

That's because it is.
    Same choices / end results as the old system, without the ability to make horrendously poor choices. Stupid proof.
    That's because the talents are actually viable.
    If anything was made for retards, it were the old talents that gave people the idea that many shiny buttons somehow equals a choice and diversity.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

It was quite difficult make "horrendously poor choices" in Cataclysm. The talents were severely cut down, with the minimum of 31 talent points in one tree before moving to anything else. Unlike before, it became a rigid system that offered no chances anymore of doing "good" or "bad" choices, just push a lot of buttons for always follow the same, logical and predictable pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That's because the talents are actually viable.
    If anything was made for retards, it were the old talents that gave people the idea that many shiny buttons somehow equals a choice and diversity.
    So instead now its replaced with a system that cannot be anything other than viable - retard proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    There is no way in hell Siege will last more than 6 months. It just isn't possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I take whatever Blizzard offers, but then people tell me I am a White Knight.

My vote goes for the new system.

If I wanted the old talents I would just go play Rift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The new system has its flaws, but the old system was utterly pointless.
    Top tier 25M progression raiding on 12 hours per week.
    http://www.temerityofwindrunner.com/
    US 15th Garrosh - US 19th Ra-den ** US 19th Sha of Fear

Allowing you to actually have a say in designing your class with your play style (old talent trees) was a great concept for the game. The new talent trees do not maintain any of that, and no matter how much they attempt to balance them, there are still guides that tell you which ones to take and most people follow those guides.
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    Allowing you to actually have a say in designing your class with your play style (old talent trees) was a great concept for the game. The new talent trees do not maintain any of that, and no matter how much they attempt to balance them, there are still guides that tell you which ones to take and most people follow those guides.
    Concept, sure, but it failed on execution.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥