Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Blizzard never said that.

Unless, of course, you're confusing the "Latest possible release date" as "The release date"

It's like a coupon saying you can "Save up to 90%" when really, most things are not that.
    When is Blizzard ever early. THey have given 12-20-2014 as the release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    No. They haven't. Provide proof.

I'm not even sure why I'm having this discussion, since this debate has already been hashed out and beaten thousands of times.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Please stop spewing nonsense. 20-12-2014 is not the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Oh look, another one of these threads. Stop playing if you have such a a problem with it.
    Keeping saying that soon no one will play this fucking game.

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor will be available on or before December 20, 2014.
    You need help.

Will you ken be shor that you're sors is real eyeball. Its pracktelly o' fishle!

That's not the release the date. That's the release for the end of the quarter within which they're releasing the game. It's required by retailers to have a date available to for pre-orders to be processed and every single company uses the end date of whatever quarter they're releasing in to give a time frame.

It is NOT the release date.

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Release Date is Before 2015. World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor will be available on or before December 20, 2014.

on or before

on or before

on or before

You're assuming that the last possible release date, from this statement, is the actual release date. Blizzard themselves have clarified that they are using that as the last possible release date because it is the last day of "technical Fall" and they Warlords is targeted for a Fall release.

This means our release window (technical fall) is between September 21st, 2014 and December 20th, 2014.

You're not wrong that this window means that SoO will last longer than ICC did, but you are wrong to assume that the December 20th, 2014 date is the actual release date and that we for sure have until December to wait for the launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they haven't. They said that it will be released on or before the 20th of December, that's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Think it's time to move on now. It's just another daily Barkloud thread.

Can someone please give me an example when Blizzard released something early, it may help me to get this through my thick skull.

It say on or before 12/20/14 - I agree.

I also know Blizzard does not ever release things early. The game is not even in Alpha yet. You are all crazy if you think it is coming before 12/20/14. Crazy I say, Crazy.
    Last edited by Barkloud; 2014-05-28 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm here only to say one thing
    Open beta is usually 5 months before game release itself (and still get released with bugs
    Since zero news about open beta, lets assume it will be end of 6, early of 7
    so WoD minimum will be November, so yeah December started to sound really early now
    And I'm one of the wagon of no flying no playing anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone please give me an example when Blizzard released something early, it may help me to get this through my thick skull.

It say on or before 12/20/14 - I agree.

I also know Blizzard does not every release things early. The game is not even in Alpha yet. You are all crazy if you think it is coming before 12/20/14. Crazy I say, Crazy.
    The reason why they never release something early is because they usually don't give out release dates until they are sure they will release on a specific date, so it's pretty much impossible for them to be early. The only reason why they put a date on it this time is because they had to if people were gonna be able to preorder it to get their free lvl90 boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone please give me an example when Blizzard released something early
    We don't have to.

Your claim is "Blizzard said this". They didn't. End of debate.

COULD it be released on that date? Maybe. Likely? Probably not. But that's neither here nor there. The point of the fact is, Blizzard did not say that. The end.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I also know Blizzard does not ever release things early. The game is not even in Alpha yet. You are all crazy if you think it is coming before 12/20/14. Crazy I say, Crazy.
    The game's been in alpha for like, 2 months?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    The game's been in alpha for like, 2 months?
    It has been in alpha for a while, but only an internal alpha build.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    We don't have to.

Your claim is "Blizzard said this". They didn't. End of debate.

COULD it be released on that date? Maybe. Likely? Probably not. But that's neither here nor there. The point of the fact is, Blizzard did not say that. The end.
    Blizzard did say on or before December 20, 2014. Just like I can pay my taxes on or before April 15. April 15th is the important day because that is the specific date given.

Just wanted to point out that the team expansion in question is from when they shuffled in the Titan crew. OP is more than just a bit behind.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    The reason why they never release something early is because they usually don't give out release dates until they are sure they will release on a specific date, so it's pretty much impossible for them to be early.
    Indeed. We only got a firm release date a few months before.

7/25/12 they announced MoP would be released 9/25/12 (2 months)
    4/10/10 they announced Cata would be released 7/12/10 (2 months)
    9/15/08 they announced WotLK would be released 11/13/08 (2 months)

In other words, when beta gets far enough in that they are comfortable announcing a game. Before that, they just aim for a general financial quarter

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    It has been in alpha for a while, but only an internal alpha build.

lol whats the difference between devs building a game and then trying it out themselves. Is that really alpha? I thought alpha was an invite only process where people outside of blizzard have an opportunity to play the new game and provide feedback.