Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep Steve Roach discography is pretty much a must if you want space ambient music.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me Jonn Serrie has to be on that list as well. He's also one of the "classic" Space Ambient musicians. He's typically using a technique of subtle layering which makes his basses more resonating and vibrant provided you got the equipment capable of accurately replaying them.
    I am actually using his music as replacement for the normal music in Distant Worlds. Adds a certain atmosphere to it for sure.

Last edited by Ravenblade; 2014-06-02 at 02:48 PM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Check out Starcadian. They are amazing. You can listen to all the album on that website of theirs, otherwise they have a couple music videos out:

My favorite song of theirs is "Super Symmetry". I love it so much. Anyway, their album at the end has some orchestral versions of their music, and specifically #10, Binary Stars (The Star Travelers' Theme) is AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! And very spacey.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

15+ Year Old Account
    Back then I also liked the actual soundtrack of Imperium Galactica 2 which had a very well done energetic space ambient track (even won a BAFTA award).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...4DA83CAFBD3D2E

Bonus points if anyone can recall the race associated with this one.

WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!