Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The logic suggestion here is hilarious. You think they'd lie about a game mechanic being in that would keep subs, and then after remove it. Which would mean they'd purposely be doing something that would lose subs. If they thought flying/no flying was so important to their money, they wouldn't be removing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    The logic suggestion here is hilarious. You think they'd lie about a game mechanic being in that would keep subs, and then after remove it. Which would mean they'd purposely be doing something that would lose subs. If they thought flying/no flying was so important to their money, they wouldn't be removing it.
    No but they might deliberately try to cloud the issue of whether flying will or won't be returning in order to sell more pre-orders to bolster their income for the first quarter of 2014 knowing that the second quarter is going to probably have significant sub losses & loss of revenue.

The issue of removing flying, at least for release, is designed to allow them to speed up development time by not having to 'fly proof' all content visually & from a testing perspective. It also has the added benefit of it making leveling take longer extending the life of content & making the concept of timeless isle style random rares work much better in the open world.

Blizzard knows there is nothing they can do at this point to stop the sub losses they are going to get between now & Nov/Dec when WOD is released. All they can do is try to keep the negativity to a minimum, throw out some small bones like the 2 extra valor upgrades and RAF mounts and hope for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Vanilla when it first started and I quit. I didn't post on forums about it. I just fuckin quit. Course it was temporarily until Wrath but you get the point. Dude....you're approaching Jaylock levels. It's fine if you disagree with Blizzard's decisions but this is not a good way to do it. I disagreed with GC's view on flying but you don't see me shouting it everywhere across the world.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I tell all the young gamers buyer beware. Even I could have not imagined beta not being out yet...so until beta is out take a wait and see approach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever Gaylock gets banned he has numerous other accounts to play on this is probably one of them.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    None of the above.
    They listened to the feedback from World PvP'ers and others from the past couple of years when they kept saying "Remove flying, Flying ruined immersion".
    Even Ghostcrawler said if it was up to him, flying wouldn't of been added.

Despite people wanting flying back so badly, realize there are people who have wanted it gone since...probably even BC.

Also, if they really were doing it just to "trick people into buying WoD", as it seems to be being implied, they wouldn't be allowing refunds, they would of set some silly fine print to prevent that.
    Pretty much this, they are finally taking an opportunity to take flying away for at least a few months, I think it will be a fine experience, and i'm willing to bet some of the people who don't want it removed will enjoy how the world feels without being able to ignore terrain/mobs entirely once they hit level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Can i get it for 10 bucks ? Because to use that "feature" i have to delete a charracter bcz mine account is full
    Basicly i do not need "free" boost so if it cost 60$ why should i have to pay more than 10
    so you have 50 lvl 90s --wow well done.

If they arnt all 90s then simply boost one of them that isnt

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that anyone even cares about flying being removed other than ponderous apprehension is baffling.
    The entire video game already can not be played with flying mounts.
    Literally the only thing you can fly through in the current expansion equates to travel and world bosses.
    Nothing else uses flying.
    Not raids, not challenge modes, not the timeless isle, not arena, not rbgs, not scenarios, not lfr, not flex, not anything that matters.

Just get over it already, for the love of god. You will be surprised how much more enjoyable the world is when you can't travel over it.
    Nothing else will change besides that.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Whenever Gaylock gets banned he has numerous other accounts to play on this is probably one of them.
    Jaylock is anti-flying IIRC. So unless he's deliberately trying to make the pro-flight crowd look ridiculous(which if he is he's doing an excellent job and is probably the greatest forum troll ever) this is just somebody who feels so betrayed that Blizzard thinks that their "favorite part of the game" is inconsequential bordering damaging to the health of the game. Especially considering said poster has defended probably hundreds of bad decisions Blizzard has made in the past 8-9 years with the fury of 1,000 suns.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

People were QQing just as much when it was only one patch.

Do I think this was some bait and switch? No, that's stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradyne View Post
    No but they might deliberately try to cloud the issue of whether flying will or won't be returning in order to sell more pre-orders to bolster their income for the first quarter of 2014 knowing that the second quarter is going to probably have significant sub losses & loss of revenue.

The issue of removing flying, at least for release, is designed to allow them to speed up development time by not having to 'fly proof' all content visually & from a testing perspective. It also has the added benefit of it making leveling take longer extending the life of content & making the concept of timeless isle style random rares work much better in the open world.

Blizzard knows there is nothing they can do at this point to stop the sub losses they are going to get between now & Nov/Dec when WOD is released. All they can do is try to keep the negativity to a minimum, throw out some small bones like the 2 extra valor upgrades and RAF mounts and hope for the best.
    No. They've already said that isn't why they're removing flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    No. They've already said that isn't why they're removing flying.
    Well I'd hardly expect them to say that it is the reason, it's not exactly a positive spin on things now is it. It doesn't mean it isn't true though just because they deny it.

Everyone from Corporations to governments put a spin on things to suit whatever their agenda might be. You are well within your rights to believe everything Blizzard tell you though, that is most definitely a fact.

The issue of removing flying, at least for release, is designed to allow them to speed up development time by not having to 'fly proof' all content visually & from a testing perspective.
    Wait a minute.. if i'm reading this correctly, you sound like you know a lot of what's going on at Blizzard HQ. Can we get some information on the Alpha if that's the case?

Quote Originally Posted by BiruWW View Post
    Wait a minute.. if i'm reading this correctly, you sound like you know a lot of what's going on at Blizzard HQ. Can we get some information on the Alpha if that's the case?
    Sure, it went really really badly and they are now desperately trying to get the game fixed for open alpha. Also Bashiok cut his left index finger last week whilst slicing a piece of bread in the lunch room and Ion Hazzikostas likes to wear a Tutu & dance to Lady Gaga at 2am when everyone else has gone home for the night.

Sound plausible?

Sure, it went really really badly and they are now desperately trying to get the game fixed for open alpha. Also Bashiok cut his left index finger last week whilst slicing a piece of bread in the lunch room and Ion Hazzikostas likes to wear a Tutu & dance to Lady Gaga at 2am when everyone else has gone home for the night.

Sound plausible?
    It all sounds legit.. except for the time you stated. I could of swore it was 3am.

Quote Originally Posted by BiruWW View Post
    It all sounds legit.. except for the time you stated. I could of swore it was 3am.
    Damned daylight savings trips me up every time....you're right, 3am it is.

Couldn't possibly be that they changed their minds >.>. If they really wanted to screw people out of money they could of just waited until 6.1 was coming out to announce flying was never being readded.

Also, i'm pretty sure every zone is "fly proofed" as someone called it. They'd be really stupid not to considering they still aren't sure what they're doing with flying.

Sound plausible?
    Okay but who does Sam Didier's hair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Is this guy the new Jaylock?
    No, there can only ever be one Jaylock.

Please...
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Okay but who does Sam Didier's hair?
    Now these.. these are the questions we should be asking.

Quote Originally Posted by noralya View Post
    No, there can only ever be one Jaylock.

Please...
    Plot twist: Superman IS Jaylock