Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    So many hypocritical things in the OP's post, it's astounding!

And weren't you in the Star Citizen thread (PC exclusive) going on and on about how amazing the game will be? I'm sorry, but if you're gonna hate on exclusives and bitch about Microsoft and Sony doing it, then apply it to everything and everyone, because (while being hypocritical) it's not fair for other people to not get Star Citizen just because they don't have a gaming PC (just for an example). Your argument/rant holds no weight otherwise.
    Perhaps if you read my original post in the OP, you would've seen that I handled the PC exclusives.

PC exclusives are not anything like console exclusives. Some games, like World of Warcraft, could never be ported to consoles, and are built specifically to run on a PC. There are over one billion PCs in the world, so it's not like there are really that many people who don't have them. Even if you don't own a console, chances are that you own a PC. Star Citizen was being made for Freelancer, Elite, and Wing Commander fans, and they all had PCs. Yes, CR said that SC might one day come to consoles, but he's not going to sacrifice the quality of product for his main fans just to get the game out everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    For EA not to release titanfall on PS3, they must have received a big fat check from microsoft. And yes, i think that was a mistake. Possibly, because it was a new IP, there were a bit cold feet and wanted to financing from being an exclusive.
    Yes, I'd think so. In today's market, there are just so many shooters to advertise nowadays. A new shooter, being developed by a fresh private company with no prior works to be credited with (as in, the company's credited works), it'd be almost impossible for them to get noticed. Microsoft probably saw them at E3 and said, "Hey! They're gonna need help, and we can make a ton of money off of publishing their game for our console and for Windows PCs!" Really good choice IMAO, and most likely the contract says that all future Titanfalls games must be published by Microsoft, so...I'd highly doubt it'd get ported to Mac or PS.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems silly to ignore 3rd party exclusives and rant about 1st party ones... When has a console manufacturer EVER launched their front-line software on a competing platform? Why would you?

Secondly, while the hardware is much more similar than ever before, there are still advantages to be had tailoring the engine and experience to a solitary piece of hardware.

Third... If you can only find one title on a console to play in its' entire lifespan, and can't find another use for it at all...? You're at most missing 1-2 games per generation, so no big deal.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    If you wanna see what happens to Master Chief at the end, you'll have to walk down to Target and buy our 400$ console
    I agree, should just go down and buy stuff from Target. Totally not biased...<_<

OT: OP, Your issues so much exclusives as it is wanting to play a(and only one) game on x system that just happens to be exclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate exclusives! I hate the guys who came up with the idea to ditch Halo on the PC! I hate the people who came up with the idea of making Uncharted, Last of Us er...whatever, PS3 exclusives! I hate- *Goes on a very long, violent rant, which has been polite fully removed from this section of the thread*

...Okay, I've calmed down now.
    This is a rant I can get behind. I'd give vital organs for an HD Metroid game on PC. :/
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I only bought a 3DS to play pokemon pretty much. Witch I also did play alot mind you...But all other Nintendo games sucks ass...I tried Zelda ocarina just cause I was getting bored by hearing its the best game ever, so had to try it...And yea...;p

Same as some people only bougth a console to play X few games.

And capatalisme wins again...=/
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2014-05-29 at 07:20 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

all games should be released on all viable platforms. no Xbox exclusives, no Playstation exclusives, no PC exclusives
    sure they might make more money in the short term by taking a big payoff from microsoft or sony (there is of course nobody to offer bribes on behalf of PC) but they lose out on a huge number of customers willing to throw money at them and by alienating those customers they make them less likely to buy other games from them if they do release them on the other platforms
    not only that but it's a pretty shady business tactic to bribe companies into only releasing on your platform. can you imagine if McDonalds started offering money to all the meat processing plants to refuse to do business with Burger King? the media would tear them to shreds and the lawyers would sue them into bankruptcy

it's not even a good business strategy for the console manufacturers. there may be some people who would buy a console for only one game but they are by far the minority. the strategy depends on there being enough exclusives that a customer wants to tempt them to buy that console, which means they need to fork out money for even more exclusives and hope that there's enough customers interested in enough of those exclusives to make their money back... I cannot see them making a profit on that strategy. personally for me to be tempted to buy a console (assuming I could afford one) there would have to be at least a dozen games already released for that platform that I was very interested in AND at least another half dozen in development. and we're not talking "oh that might be interesting" we're talking "bloody hellfire that looks like being one of the best games ever!" but even then I'd still be put off buying it because doing so only encourages such a shitty strategy
    Last edited by rayvio; 2014-05-29 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    This is a rant I can get behind. I'd give vital organs for an HD Metroid game on PC. :/
    Id give them my babies for that to. /drool
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

a necessary evil

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    it's not even a good business strategy for the console manufacturers. there may be some people who would buy a console for only one game but they are by far the minority. the strategy depends on there being enough exclusives that a customer wants to tempt them to buy that console, which means they need to fork out money for even more exclusives and hope that there's enough customers interested in enough of those exclusives to make their money back... I cannot see them making a profit on that strategy. personally for me to be tempted to buy a console (assuming I could afford one) there would have to be at least a dozen games already released for that platform that I was very interested in AND at least another half dozen in development. and we're not talking "oh that might be interesting" we're talking "bloody hellfire that looks like being one of the best games ever!" but even then I'd still be put off buying it because doing so only encourages such a shitty strategy
    Pretty much sums up my opinion on how console producers could get me to buy their consoles solely based off of their exclusive collections.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    a necessary evil
    Twhat da faq r u talkin bout?

I honestly tried: I'm clueless as to why you'd think that exclusives are necessary at all.

I honestly tried: I'm clueless as to why you'd think that exclusives are necessary at all.
    From a consumer perspective, it's not just unnecessary but infuriatingly stupid.

From a business perspective, it's just very very smart to ensure things are flying off the shelf for that one game that's super popular and all your friends are playing.

And as long as people keep buying them they'll keep making them. You saying anything, people bitching on the internet, etc. won't change anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    So you forgive Nintendo for having exclusives but hate Sony and Microsoft for trying to do the same? Then you say you would be happier if Sony and Microsoft would act more like Nintendo and have more exclusives? How does that make any sense at all?

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    not only that but it's a pretty shady business tactic to bribe companies into only releasing on your platform. can you imagine if McDonalds started offering money to all the meat processing plants to refuse to do business with Burger King? the media would tear them to shreds and the lawyers would sue them into bankruptcy
    I am sorry, but that is exactly the way it does work. You think some beef farm out there sells to both McD's and Burger King? Why would they? They sell to whoever will pay them more money and then sell to just that company. The big fast food companies have exclusive suppliers who they pay a premium to only sell to them. The company gets a guaranteed source of resources and the supplier gets a guaranteed buyer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    No offense but nearly every game before the Wii could have been on another console, nothing is stopping them from putting a HD majoras mask on PSN or Xbox live. Also did anyone really play Zelda with the wii mote and not the generic controller (for any longer than an hour), nearly every big game, be it Mario or Mario Kart could easily port on another Major console, I dont buy this whole its been designed for the Wii thing.
    Uh, yes? Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were amazing applications of the wiimote+nunchuck combo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    But all other Nintendo games sucks ass...I tried Zelda ocarina just cause I was getting bored by hearing its the best game ever, so had to try it...And yea...;p
    Applying the phrase 'Best Game Ever' to Ocarina of Time requires that you remember when it was released. Even if you're playing the 3DS remake it's still a fucking old game now and you're probably only going to enjoy it now if you enjoyed it back when it was relevant. Doesn't mean it sucks ass though.

If every developer built their games for every platform, then there would be zero incentive for anyone to buy any particular platform.

Would The Last of Us have looked as good on PS3 if it was multiplatform and not exclusive? The answer is no. Most multiplats looked and ran better on Xbox 360 than PS3. The Last of Us was deeply optimized for PS3. If it was multiplat it wouldn't have been. Naughty Dog even talked about how hard it was to port it to PS4 since the game was so deeply optimized for PS3's hardware. Multiplats aren't optimized on that kind of level.

If all games were multiplatform. You would have a lead version that might run fine and a bunch of unoptimized ports. No thanks.
    Last edited by Suporex; 2014-05-30 at 03:53 AM.

You're not alone! I've come to loathe exclusive titles as well. There's a fair few games out there that I'd love to play but can't due to not having the required console or the urge to pay out a chunk of cash just for the sake of a handful of games.

Deleted
    Exclusives are stupid as hell.

Do I want:

The Last of Us
    Red Dead
    GTA V
    Halo
    SSB
    Uncharted

...on PC? Yes I do

(I know RDR and GTAV are(?) coming to PC but my interest has died completely for them for not being out when relevant)

Quote Originally Posted by Mohveli View Post
    Im not THAT upset about xbox/playstation exclusives, but goddamn nintendo why don't you want to swim in money? To get all of their games on other platforms would net them soooo much money.
    Nintendo already swims in money so eh..
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    Exclusives are stupid as hell.

Do I want:

The Last of Us
    Red Dead
    GTA V
    Halo
    SSB
    Uncharted

...on PC? Yes I do

(I know RDR and GTAV are(?) coming to PC but my interest has died completely for them for not being out when relevant)
    I'm sure GTAV will have a PC port. Probably an AIDs-riddled mess lumbered with GFWL (*wolf howls in the distance*).

I only bought a 3DS to play pokemon pretty much. Witch I also did play alot mind you...But all other Nintendo games sucks ass...I tried Zelda ocarina just cause I was getting bored by hearing its the best game ever, so had to try it...And yea...;p

I don't mind handheld exclusives so much, they're a different thing to consoles/PCs in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm sure GTAV will have a PC port. Probably an AIDs-riddled mess lumbered with GFWL (*wolf howls in the distance*).
    i thought GFWL died?
    "it's being bound to work or study that allows us to live like people." Illya

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    i thought GFWL died?
    It's in the process of making slow agonizing death. And with agonizing I mean it's torturing us with it's existance until the final light is shut in the hall server is being kept.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account

Ocarina of time have not exactly aged that well even if it was a masterpiece for its time, if you want a more modern Zelda game try Wind Waker.