Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Pro-gun American checking in... This is fucking absurd. Why people leave loaded, ready to fire handguns laying around in the open is beyond me. I keep a gun inside a safe, which is then inside my nightstand, with the slide open and magazine out for safety. There is no sense of keeping it loaded, ready to fire, unless you deal crack/meth and are expecting to get robbed. Also, in an apartment, a handgun is a huge liability. The bullets can travel through walls so easy and you don't know whats on the other side of those walls.

I hope the gun owner is charged with child endangerment, child abuse, manslaughter, every other possible thing, and the mother sues the shit out of him and his insurance company.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancowski View Post
    So, if someone saves money in case they lose their job, meaning they could lose their home or car, would you classify that as fear?
    No because people lose their jobs all the time. People don't have intruders break down their door and run up to the kids room brandishing firearms to shoot the kids for no reason all the time.

I mean, if i don't have money the government will take my belongings.
    And...

So, i keep a pistol and shotgun for recreational use. And if a need rises, it will be there, in case.
    Yes, you are rambo.

People getting way more bent out of shape when a kid gets shot when many, many more drown in a pool. Both are just as preventable with security.
    I never said anything against owning firearms. My issue is with their worship and the paranoia that any minute now someone's going to burst into their home and try to murder them. That's the fear culture. If you enjoy going to the firing range and firing some shots, go nuts. If you buy a gun because you feel your life is in danger for no reason or have some delusion you're going to save the day then that's a totally different situation. Understand?

I've read that in 2013 that just under 200 children under the age of 6 have been shot with an unsecured firearm, and over 3,500 have drown in a swimming pool. In the US.
    Congratulations on learning something new.