Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    but is that the combined total? you need to look at each cores individual load, 1 will have high load the rest will be mostly idle hiding the real issue

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    The other thing that happens occasionally is if I tab out for some time while in the Shrine and then tab back in then I experience terrible stuttering when trying to move the camera though standing still results in usual FPS. As these issues only arose after switching to an Nvidia card I would suggest that this might be the issue. Unfortunately, I've not found a way to resolve it yet and latest drivers haven't corrected the issue.
    I had this issue on my AMD card.

I'll try to take a screenshot of the cores and put it on here.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently I can't put a screen shot on yet. All the cores seem to have some sort of activity on them. None have anything above 50%.

- - - Updated - - -

I have just noticed, if I stand in the mall hall/entrance part of Shrine, I get 38 fps. If I go anywhere else in Shrine, even just up the ramps at the back of the hall, I get around 120 fps.

Deleted
    38 is fine, stop complaining, anything over 60 is totally wasted anyway, because your screen can't handle more than that.

I'm not complaining, I have recently upgraded from playing on the lowest settings for 8 years, so I am happy with 38 fps. I just feel that my PC should be able to get more.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzJ View Post
    I'm not complaining, I have recently upgraded from playing on the lowest settings for 8 years, so I am happy with 38 fps. I just feel that my PC should be able to get more.

38 FPS in the Shrine during peak times? on ultra? that is perfectly normal. People lie most of the time about their FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    38 FPS in the Shrine during peak times? on ultra? that is perfectly normal. People lie most of the time about their FPS.
    This. It really depends on how busy your server is.

WoW is a very poorly optimized game.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzJ View Post
    Hi all!

I recently bought a new PC and it is pretty top of the range, the only problem with it is that I am underwhelmed by the fps I am getting on WoW. I am running it on high graphics settings, and I manage to achieve 80-100 fps everywhere except from Shrine where I sit at 38 fps no matter how busy it is. Occasionally I drop down to around 60 fps in Org, but only when it is very busy. All my drivers are up to date and I am running gtx 780 ti sli.
    Does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this?

Thanks
    What's your Foreground FPS, WoW graphic and NVIDIA settings at? Shaders and shadows will plummet your FPS also, which I never, ever use. I do favor performance more, with some optional graphics. Keeping Shrine in mind, you will drop to that point. I do as well and this is with settings on ultra (I did a test just now). I was jumping between 25-50, depending on the crowd's location. Turn your graphics low when you're in areas like these, maybe? Up to you. Anyhow, WoW is poorly optimized.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'd like to point out that a single graphics card is more than enough to run WoW at ultra. The game takes more CPU power than anything else.

Shrine is poorly optimized as well.
    There's ALWAYS been something wrong with Shrine. I don't really know what it is. I often have terrible FPS there and it's not unusual for characters to get stuck for 5, 10, 30 sec at a time, over and over again.

Just be glad they didn't enable the general purpose AH there.

Yeah my computer is why more than powerful enough to run WoW on ultra most of the time I get over 100 fps but in shrine I drop to 30-40's and my server isn't that populated. I used to also have a problem with running up the short set of stairs on the overhang to where the fp is and getting dc'd

I realize this is a necro, and the OP hasn't posted in a month, but in the off chance that he will see this, I have to ask:

Why spend so much on a beastly computer, only to have a cheap poor res monitor?

I don't have any problems in the Shrine, but I'm on a low pop server. How many people that are in the general area brings internet connection into the situation as a possible culprit.

I'm also curious if both Shrines experience the lag issue.
    Last edited by ablib; 2014-08-13 at 02:46 AM.