Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How do you PvPers feel about the changes to gear in WoD?

by changes i mean PvP gear being recolors of PvE gear.
    LFR=Honor gear
    normal/heroic=conquest gear
    Mythic=2200 rank(cosmetic only)

if you have paid attention, you would notice PvErs are a little pissed off about how the LFR gear looks.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    I love it, I was a big fan of the pvp gear recolours in season 1-4. Can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't give a shit what armor looks like anymore. The only piece of armor I care about is the weapon, everything else is just there. I'm not the type of person that spends hours ogling their character while spending more time trying to find matching transmog pieces to make this super duper awesome set that other people have anyway.

It's the same thing with mounts and titles. People have them, they're useless.

OT: Adam Rose gives me cancer every time I see him enter the ring.

All the mop gear looked like shit, except for maybe 1 season for a few classes but who cares that's what transmog is for.

I have no clue what pvp gear looks like. My thought process when getting gear is:

helm or cloak? Don't care, have it hidden.

shoulders? /cry because every shoulder model in the game is terrible and I wish I could hide, so I'm going to transmog it to the least terrible model I have found so far.

everything else: Does it blow me away with awesome? If not, no big deal, will transmog to my standard anyway.

very interesting.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with discoepfeand & Ryan. I like a good weapon which is really the only thing I transmog with the exception of maybe shoulders because I find most shoulders look hideous IMO. Helm and Cloak are always hidden and the tabards take up most of the chest piece anyways so it's shoulders if they are hideous and weapons for me.

Oh and sometimes I will transmog the belt to something simple too as some of the buckles are massive.

Elite pvp gear is gonna be 2200?

Can you link a source for all this?

For me, since xmog has been around, what gear looks like doesn't matter one single bit. No matter what gear I get, it will be xmog'd to the warrior T13 gear.

What I'm getting from this is blizzard wants everyone to look the same?

Can someone link a source where they say pvp and pve gear will use same models?

at face value I like it, it will depend on how the ilvl adjustment system works when in pvp combat. As for the look of the gear, when hasn't the gear not looked like crap overall? t6? I find it funny a lot of "lfr heroes" are upset about no tier gear in lfr but that is another topic.

Another important unknown is what are the "new" trinket itemization for pvp they spoke of previously and how it relates to EMFH

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the gear looks, I don't like that change, as I was a fan of the evolving gear looks with Wrath and Cata PvP gear, as each tier set made you look like you were getting stronger. Also, the gear looks themselves being unique gave you the feeling that you earned it on the battlefield or arena, compared to slaying a dragon.

Regarding the changes to the effectiveness of PvE gear vs. PvP gear, I agree with it, assuming they don't let item levels of PvE gear skyrocket like how SoO gear did.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2014-05-31 at 05:22 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

they might as well make all gear look like a grey jumpsuit now we have transmog and 4 expansions worth of loot to pick and choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    they might as well make all gear look like a grey jumpsuit now we have transmog and 4 expansions worth of loot to pick and choose from.
    But then people would jump on the "blizzard made transmog so they won't have to bother making good armor anymore" bandwagon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Every change they are making to pvp is fucking awesome. I dont hate a single idea for pvp they have so far.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    It was great in BC, and a lot of the pve gear in wod looks great so far unlike mop, so no complaints here. Even if it looks bad there's always transmog.

15+ Year Old Account
    I stopped caring what any gear looks like in this game PVP or PVE.

My priests are T5 healing & T6 shadow, my lock is C-mode, my shammy and hunter are TOES/HOF LFR gear and there's no need to go through every single toon I have, you get the point.

I find a set I like, I use it and only it.

To be completely honest I'm actually surprised their were 2 sets in one expansion I used. Lock SoO gear and c-mode. Yes, I ran c-mode very late in the game just because not getting that set would have resulted in me kicking myself until the end of Azeroth.

I fully expect there to really only be 1 set per expansion worth a damn anymore for any class like MoP illustrated.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i LFR for fun, not for cosmetic gear. thats what transmog is for.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

15+ Year Old Account
    A good looking set is a good looking set regardless of where it comes from.