Poll: Hardest last boss raid in MoP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt do either Sha or Lei Shen on HC within the tier so I cant comment on those. However I would have a hard time imagning them not being harder than Garrosh 10 HC. It's just a dps check / execution fight there really isn't anything that's mechanically complicated with that fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Didnt do either Sha or Lei Shen on HC within the tier so I cant comment on those. However I would have a hard time imagning them not being harder than Garrosh 10 HC. It's just a dps check / execution fight there really isn't anything that's mechanically complicated with that fight.
    At the risk of sounding like an obnoxious jerk (not that I pretend to anything else, really), having a lone Garrosh kill and no other heroic boss kills past Nazgrim does not qualify you to comment on how hard Garrosh Heroic is. While I am loathe to "accuse" you of buying a boost, and loathe to even insinuate boost-buying should somehow be stigmatized, I fail to see how you are qualified to comment on the difficulty of the fight after watching 9/24 other people do it for you.

The fact of the matter is that Garrosh, when it was relevant, had tighter DPS checks and arguably a tighter margin for error than any other 10-man end boss this expansion. The mechanics aren't complicated per se, but tiny mistakes like pushing into P3 with MCs up, letting a single MC cast go through in P3, or taking slightly too long to kill EWC adds made or broke the DPS check in P3 before the DPS checks were made irrelevant. The other fights simply weren't tuned that tightly - never mind the abortion of a mechanic that was 4th Malice after dagger fix, pre-nerf.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2014-05-30 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    even though Garrosh took more tries than Lei Shen (mainly due to a lot of good players leaving/quitting and us having to fill them with retards), I would definitely say Lei was harder sha wasn't hard, just long. lei shen 25hc was harder than garrosh imo. Garrosh is very scripted/predictable and hard to fuck up on other than the Iron Star in p4, Lei Shen if you fucked up any of the abilities it was pretty much a wipe.
    Last edited by mmoc2233da4339; 2014-05-30 at 06:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Lei Shen 25HC was the hardest endboss of all time, I don't see how this is even a contest

Ragnaros 25HC was compareable aswell, but if you have to pick one, Lei Shen takes the cake imo.
    Ragnaros can't even compare to LK 25HC.

It's Lei Shen > LK > Garrosh > Ragnaros > Sinestra > Sha > Shek'zeer > Deathwing > YS0 > KT.

Lei Shen because finding the right strat for your raid is a huge pain, Lei Shen left you a choice in terms of strat which makes him a very unique Final Boss in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post

It's Lei Shen > LK > Garrosh > Ragnaros > Sinestra > Sha > Shek'zeer > Deathwing > YS0 > KT.
    Sinestra is even on your list? As well as DW? please stop watching kills and then comparing them.

I'd say Garrosh > Lei Shen. I killed Sha with ToT gear so I can't compare the fight with the others, but he felt hard enough.

Ragnaros > LK25HC pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotodadyo View Post
    lei shen is a joke compared to garrosh and sha
    On 10 man maybe......

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post

Garrosh and Sha and DW all do not belong even close to the top 10....

Garrosh was a glorified DPS check and a monk to kite.

Sha was one of the worst fights of the expansion.

Well....I actually did them all during their high time ~.~
    On 25 man there shuoldn't be any question.

Lei Shen >>> Garrosh ~ Sha

In terms of fun, Lei Shen >>> Sha >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garrosh.

Deleted
    For 10man such as me: Garrosh > Sha of Fear > Lei Shen.
    For 25man I believe in Lei Shen > Sha of Fear > Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    On 10 man maybe......

Garrosh was a glorified DPS check and a monk to kite.
    On 25 man maybe.......

Lei Shen for sure. The amount of mechanic in this fight is crazy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    At the risk of sounding like an obnoxious jerk (not that I pretend to anything else, really), having a lone Garrosh kill and no other heroic boss kills past Nazgrim does not qualify you to comment on how hard Garrosh Heroic is. While I am loathe to "accuse" you of buying a boost, and loathe to even insinuate boost-buying should somehow be stigmatized, I fail to see how you are qualified to comment on the difficulty of the fight after watching 9/24 other people do it for you.

The fact of the matter is that Garrosh, when it was relevant, had tighter DPS checks and arguably a tighter margin for error than any other 10-man end boss this expansion. The mechanics aren't complicated per se, but tiny mistakes like pushing into P3 with MCs up, letting a single MC cast go through in P3, or taking slightly too long to kill EWC adds made or broke the DPS check in P3 before the DPS checks were made irrelevant. The other fights simply weren't tuned that tightly - never mind the abortion of a mechanic that was 4th Malice after dagger fix, pre-nerf.
    You will be happy to know that I helped a guild out to get the realm first kill as one of their healers was getting a baby so I was lent out and raided with them for two resets. Feel free to check the killtime if you are THAT interested. So at the risk of sounding like an obnoxious jerk (not that I pretend to be anything else, really). you are wrong even though I have not cleared eveything up-to Garrosh. Also 10-man... I'm glad to see you are re-iterating what i stated that it's a DPS check and an execution fight but the mechanics are not hard. I also find it quite amusing you killed him 23 days ago and talk about relevant content? It wasnt relevant when I did march but at least I was in 567 gear...
    Last edited by PhillieB; 2014-05-30 at 11:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    You will be happy to know that I helped a guild out to get the realm first kill as one of their healers was getting a baby so I was lent out and raided with them for two resets. Feel free to check the killtime if you are THAT interested. So at the risk of sounding like an obnoxious jerk (not that I pretend to be anything else, really). you are wrong even though I have not cleared eveything up-to Garrosh. Also 10-man... I'm glad to see you are re-iterating what i stated that it's a DPS check and an execution fight but the mechanics are not hard. I also find it quite amusing you killed him 23 days ago and talk about relevant content? It wasnt relevant when I did march but at least I was in 567 gear...
    If that really is the case, then more power to you. The fact of the matter is that having killed up to Nazgrim, then nothing in between Nazgrim and Garrosh, then having a lone Garrosh kill is a dubious-looking progress pattern that suggests a boost in 999/1000 cases. While may assumption may have offended you, I assure you it was not an unreasonable one in the first place.

Now, if you were rather less offended than you were, perhaps you would have noticed that my first kill happened on the 19th of February, before my guild went 25 to prepare for Mythics. Specifically, February 19th was the day after the 5% nerf and P4 Malice fix for 10-mans, and the fight stopped being relevant the moment this was implemented. The DPS checks were no longer hard to make, and small mistakes were no longer punished with any semblance of the severity they were punished with pre-nerf. It took us fewer than 10 pulls after the nerf to kill the boss.

So, again, as someone who had 300+ wipes on the boss before they nerfed his HP and fixed a borked P4, Garrosh is the hardest 10-man end boss this expansion, and suggesting otherwise is facetious. He is, of course, not the hardest 10-man boss overall (Hello, Siegecrafter Blackfuse!) this expansion, but he does come quite close to that title as well.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2014-05-31 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    If that really is the case, then more power to you. The fact of the matter is that having killed up to Nazgrim, then nothing in between Nazgrim and Garrosh, then having a lone Garrosh kill is a dubious-looking progress pattern that suggests a boost in 999/1000 cases. While may assumption may have offended you, I assure you it was not an unreasonable one in the first place.

Now, if you were rather less offended than you were, perhaps you would have noticed that my first kill happened on the 19th of February, before my guild went 25 to prepare for Mythics. Specifically, February 19th was the day after the 5% nerf and P4 Malice fix for 10-mans, and the fight stopped being relevant the moment this was implemented. The DPS checks were no longer hard to make, and small mistakes were no longer punished with any semblance of the severity they were punished with pre-nerf.

So, again, as someone who had 300+ wipes on the boss before they nerfed his HP and fixed a borked P4, Garrosh is the hardest 10-man end boss this expansion, and suggesting otherwise is facetious. He is, of course, not the hardest 10-man boss overall (Hello, Siegecrafter Blackfuse!) this expansion, but he does come quite close to that title as well.
    It's not that I am offended it's not a strange assumption to make at all especially since realm firsts are not personal anymore the only way to see it really is the killtime as far as I know. What's abit silly though is that you had to build your argument around a percieved superiority by looking me up instead of debating the actual fight which is just a poor way to build an argument. What's relevant content or not is abit of semantics since ~200 guilds had cleared it at that point in 10-man, so from a progression perspective that was long over. Nerf or not, you were at this point 8-10 ilevels higher than when the top guilds did it and that should make up for the 5%. Anyhow, personally I dont think dps checks/execution fights really constitute the hardest fights when they lack complex mechanics.
    Last edited by PhillieB; 2014-05-31 at 12:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    In terms of fun, Lei Shen >>> Sha >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garrosh.
    The only fun part of Sha was when you were teleported with the first group, so you had almost 10 minutes of AFK time. I mean that literally. You could get up and go make a sandwich while the other 20 did phase 1. It was a really well-designed boss, obviously.

I dunno, I just cannot get behind lei shen on 10 H. Literally phase 1, phase 2, and phase 3, it was so incredibly hard to wipe unless if you had braindead people. Diffusion chain was not a mechanic if you managed to have one shaman (almost completely negated it) or a warrior or 2 (mass spell reflect). Static shock in the last phase did hurt, but it did not last long. You only got 3 ball lightnings if your raid was good which again was not something that was difficult.

I do agree the transitions were challenging to an extent - To this day I think people still don't understand melee (including mw monks) are not "viable" targets for diffusion chain, making the split even in a 10 man pretty easy unless if you had full ranged (which to be fair, I guess some guilds did have but we did not). I am still affirming though that static shock hitting as hard as it did was a bit absurd. I know the formula someone posted said it hit for 800,000 - 1,200,000 based on energy of the conduit but I am pretty sure it went way above 1,200,000 (like near 1.5-2 million if the conduit was near 100 energy). That was literally the one thing I hated more than anything on the fight.

But yeah that's what I thought anyway.

Deleted
    25 man Lei Shen was only really hard due to keeping eveyrone alive through transitions so you've got your combat resses left for P3 if needed. Think thats what made it fun too tbh. The fact that everyone basically had to have some level of personal skill and not go full derp mode.

Also Phase 3 was pretty intense too in the last 5-10% or so. I guess Lei Shen just ramped up way more than Sha of Fear or Garrosh both of which are very repetitive and lack luster in terms of mechanics. Also I think having some degree of choie of what abilities you want to deal with also adds to the fun and strategy of the fight its not just a simple heres the only tactic that works go wipe untill you master it.

Even Lei Shens enviroment was awesome in my opinion, felt sort of no where to run or hide you either face him or jump to your death. Have to say in garrosh's room I don't get it. Big ass room with a throne in it okay sure, but why are the Iron stars there anyway? xD

Stil quite disappointed withthe Garrosh fight since its so boring and literally phase 1-2-3 are all the same. On heroic you literally have 3 different phases in a 5-6? phase fight. Almost reminds me of Deathwing with the same boring repetitive fight, I think this is why Lei Shen wins out in terms of difficulty and engagment.

On Normal, Lei Shen hands down is harder then Garrosh and Sha of Fear. By a country mile.

On Heroic things are closer. Lei Shen is possibly a more technical fight, but Garrosh has a much stricter DPS requirement. Sha of Fear is a test of endurence since the fight is so long.

I'll probably say Lei Shen is the hardest overall, but its quite close.

Deleted
    Voted for LeiShen but the true answer is Garrosh 10 HC

Deleted
    Voted Garrosh since its the only one of them I have experience with while current/pre-nerfs.

Those who votes Lei Shen haven't killed Garrosh on HC yet I presume.