• Kill them all

7 53.85%
  • Kill most but skip a fair share

4 30.77%
  • Skip as many as i can

2 15.38%

Thread: Random battles.

Random battles.

Random battle or Random encounters, anyone who has played an older RPG knows them did you always just do the fight or run away and skip as many as possible?

Could even be said for wow with mobs in quest area kill em all or skip as much as can.

I have almost always just done the fights in RPGs very6 rarely escaped, in wow i just kill any mob in my path.\

Curious as to what others do.

Depending on the game i just do every fight never grinding, never running.
    Unless the game is ridiculously hard or i need a certain skill to have a chance, then grinding comes into play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood for the Blood god! Kill em ALLLL!

in most RPGs with random encounters, Level is king, so unless staying in the fight will end in 100% assured death I never run from a fight.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I start skipping them once they get boring. It's usually telling of a poorly designed game if you end up skipping more than fighting. :|

I kill them all unless it's just getting ridiculous, either due to encounter rate or lack of significant rewards from really long fights.

The only game i ever really thought about ugh i should skip this was Xenogears and only cause every few steps there would be one

I haven't played a turn based RPG for quite some time now, though back when they were more common I always sought to kill every last enemy that stumbled across my team.