Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ashes of Al'ar ground mountable in Warlords of Draenor?

So, blizzard stated that many flying mounts will be ground mountable in WoD from no flying. Since ashes is a very popular mount and seems like it was made to be a ground mount, do you think it will be done? I have seen the mount glitch when people log on using it that it will have legs and be on the ground for a split second.

Deleted
    They have said they will make flying only mounts useable in WoD as ground mount, ashes will probably just over over the ground like when you walk around without flying up just as you mount. Ashes don't have any legs but the players legs can be seen underneath atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    What proves Ashes of Al'ar was supposed to be a ground mount? It has that "idle" animation where it appears to be on the ground briefly because it was designed from the animation skeleton of a gryphon and, thus, has the ground animations for a gryphon as well, but are normally unused. When you log in on it it briefly "confuses" the game as to which animation should be displayed.

Anyway... Ashes of Al'ar is a pretty compact mount. So it will probably be ground mountable.

Maybe seeing mounts like it stuck to the ground will punch home how stupid it is not to have flying mounts.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

imgur.com/KG9ERBk, picture of it half doing it, wasn't fast enough to catch it fully mounted on the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by charliesheen126 View Post
    So, blizzard stated that many flying mounts will be ground mountable in WoD from no flying.
    Thought they said all mounts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Thought they said all mounts?
    That's what I thought I heard as well. However, it'll be kind of weird to see dragons, especially proto-drakes bludgeoning their way around on the ground.

Like I said, hopefully the visual of seeing all these mounts with giant wings glued to the earth will help people see how stupid it is not being able to fly.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    All mounts will be ground-mountable. Ashes will likely just float along, akin to how it does now if you walk around on it (and how all Pheonixes do, too)

In addition, I feel that the walking animation of most of the current flying mounts are pretty cool. The only ones that I do NOT like are the Nether Rays and Dragonhawks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That's what I thought I heard as well. However, it'll be kind of weird to see dragons, especially proto-drakes bludgeoning their way around on the ground.

Like I said, hopefully the visual of seeing all these mounts with giant wings glued to the earth will help people see how stupid it is not being able to fly.
    Yet we seen flying mounts not able to fly right away during Wotlk and MOP. Only cataclysm had flying because you could not reach half the areas for questing without flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Yet we seen flying mounts not able to fly right away during Wotlk and MOP. Only cataclysm had flying because you could not reach half the areas for questing without flying.
    You couldn't run around on your nether drakes, etc on the ground before you obtained flying.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

My money would just be on it hovering. Legs would be kind of funny to look at on it though.

By "all (flying) mounts" I assume they meant "all (flying) mounts."

Don't flying mounts all have ground-mount ability? Just land on the ground and it switches over. Even the Cloud Serpents switch to a "ground mount" animation and speed when you land. You can even do a /mountspecial on the ground with a cloud serpent when it's on the ground.

Honestly it's making me wonder why blizz says this like its a new feature. All they got to do is just flip the switch to let the flyers be usable in grounded areas like the flying discs are as opposed to the Cloud Serpents. Maybe they're just worried they don't have jump animations so they might look somewhat silly? /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by charliesheen126 View Post
    So, blizzard stated that many flying mounts will be ground mountable in WoD from no flying. Since ashes is a very popular mount and seems like it was made to be a ground mount, do you think it will be done? I have seen the mount glitch when people log on using it that it will have legs and be on the ground for a split second.
    No, Ashes of Al'ar will not be useable on the ground. However, they will be putting a special ground mount only version of Ashes of Al'ar in as an extra special drop in Tempest Keep...it will have a drop rate of 0.001% and Blizzard hope you enjoy re-living the nostalgic feeling of grinding for this mount all over again.

Or more seriously, yes it will be useable on the ground but there is no guarantee it won't look a bit silly.

Exactly. That is going to be hilariously bad. Blizzard must know the backlash for this will be huge. If they don't realize it by now they must be delusional.

I guess that is why they are censoring any discussion on their forums, not providing straight answers to the players and hoping people preorder before they realize.

"It only has wings, but it can't fly. It's a winged belly crawler. We feel it's more fun this way." - Blizzard design team, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    "It only has wings, but it can't fly. It's a winged belly crawler. We feel it's more fun this way." - Blizzard design team, 2014
    It would be funny looking and thus enjoyable maybe. Unless you take Ash way to seriously of course.

What proves Ashes of Al'ar was supposed to be a ground mount? It has that "idle" animation where it appears to be on the ground briefly because it was designed from the animation skeleton of a gryphon and, thus, has the ground animations for a gryphon as well, but are normally unused. When you log in on it it briefly "confuses" the game as to which animation should be displayed.

Anyway... Ashes of Al'ar is a pretty compact mount. So it will probably be ground mountable.

Maybe seeing mounts like it stuck to the ground will punch home how stupid it is not to have flying mounts.
    Yea gravity is dumb :C

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    That sounds a lot like a penguin.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny, but the ground based component of the Fel Drake was what attracted a lot of players to it, so much so that when Blizzard undid the bug that allowed it to be used as a ground mount in no fly areas, the player response was enough to hot fix in the use of it on the ground again.

In game many drakes stay on the ground, like Malygos does for phase 1, Sindragosa, the boss of the Nexus, Zombie Onyxia, Valiona and Theralion, Nefarian.

Everywhere you look, most dragon bosses stop and land for most if not all of a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Yea gravity is dumb :C

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds a lot like a penguin.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny, but the ground based component of the Fel Drake was what attracted a lot of players to it, so much so that when Blizzard undid the bug that allowed it to be used as a ground mount in no fly areas, the player response was enough to hot fix in the use of it on the ground again.

In game many drakes stay on the ground, like Malygos does for phase 1, Sindragosa, the boss of the Nexus, Zombie Onyxia, Valiona and Theralion, Nefarian.

Everywhere you look, most dragon bosses stop and land for most if not all of a fight.
    All really good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetster View Post
    Exactly. That is going to be hilariously bad. Blizzard must know the backlash for this will be huge. If they don't realize it by now they must be delusional.

I guess that is why they are censoring any discussion on their forums, not providing straight answers to the players and hoping people preorder before they realize.
    In fairly sure that blizzard recognizes their player base has the entitlement of a toddler, yes.

But nowhere are they censoring it, shutting down excess threads because try full the fire to age with the same topic is the same thing they did when WoD was announced period and people flooded the forums.

They have provided a clear answer: The game is constantly changing, flight won't be at launch and they base further plans on how Draenor plays out.

If you expect them to have everything ironed out for launch when you pre-purchase a game you're delusional, and if you expect a game that constantly has patches and game changes to have everything going forward ironed out you're ridiculous. Did you expect Blizzard to reveal future expansions when they released WoW originally? I'm sure if they said thy would have mists of Pandaria back in 2004 it wouldn't have been all thy popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    In fairly sure that blizzard recognizes their player base has the entitlement of a toddler, yes.

But nowhere are they censoring it, shutting down excess threads because try full the fire to age with the same topic is the same thing they did when WoD was announced period and people flooded the forums.

They have provided a clear answer: The game is constantly changing, flight won't be at launch and they base further plans on how Draenor plays out.

If you expect them to have everything ironed out for launch when you pre-purchase a game you're delusional, and if you expect a game that constantly has patches and game changes to have everything going forward ironed out you're ridiculous. Did you expect Blizzard to reveal future expansions when they released WoW originally? I'm sure if they said thy would have mists of Pandaria back in 2004 it wouldn't have been all thy popular.
    So very true.