Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Conveniently starts with WildStar's release... hah.
    The thing is though if this was a major filler patch that offered a filler raid or a ton more dungeons or some sort of invasion or whatever, then there would be something worth talking about but all it is, is just a minor something that I pretty much doubt will have no real effect on any other game release at all..

Really people should look at it a bit closer, this update will probably have minimal to no effect to the release of Wildstar and I am pretty sure that Blizz know it too if Blizz were then there would probably be more too it (as I said above) than just a change to how one gets VP's and so on..

But folks just seem to get bent out of shape for no real reason, because if folks are hell bent set on getting Wildstar then I very much doubt that this change by Blizz even when it comes at the same time as the release of Wildstar, would sway them to come back to WoW..

Quote Originally Posted by kabrai View Post
    Kind of pointless with a valor cap still in game. It didn't take long to cap, might be nice for alts though.
    Well this stacks with the already existing 50% valor increase if you cap on one char for that week.
    So currently my alts gain a 150% increase in valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Haha so they put it off and it's only temporary?

Keep burning away those subs Blizzard.

Lol where's Zarhym with his whole "we don't schedule things around the industry". Yeah Zarhym you're pretty much full of shit
    ^This

Predictable crap like this makes Blizzard look spiteful and desperate on their ride down from a peak of 12 million subscribers. Paint it however you like, 7.8 million isn't anywhere near 12 million. Blizz knows the sub loss will increase exponentially faster the more subs they hemorrhage. They could easily be down to a million in a few years.

Deleted
    It would be cool if the cap was increased too..... 30 min and you are capped .. and othing more to do untill Next reset

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Great, already capped on all my toons this week, damn it blizzard! Make this permanent!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I caped my valor in preety much 3 hours on my 3 toons on tuesday thanks to heroic scenario and afew deeds of valor =p

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Conveniently starts with WildStar's release... hah.
    Because we all know a simple buff to help people with their alts is meant to to compete against a completely fleshed out MMO with shit tons of content, let alone the thought that this buff is able to sustain players during the downtime period between expansions.

Seriously folks? Use some actual logic instead of crafting up theories based entirely on small coincidences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Because we all know a simple buff to help people with their alts is meant to to compete against a completely fleshed out MMO with shit tons of content, let alone the thought that this buff is able to sustain players during the downtime period between expansions.

Seriously folks? Use some actual logic instead of crafting up theories based entirely on small coincidences.
    It gets people playing their game. It's highly likely that it is because Wildstar is their biggest threat that they're doing this.

However, if it is only on US-Oceanic and China, then it's not because of Wildstar. It's no big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwyte View Post
    The actual quote from Zarhym was "Flat out: our production schedule & milestones are far more important than whatever else is happening in the industry."

Production schedule & Milestones. Not buffs that were already in the game just not turned on.

Assuming that this was even scheduled to coincide with Wildstar, it's not going to do anything and has no bearing on how far along WoD is, sure you may see buffs or even discounted prices, but they won't rush production of the game because of another game being released. People really should read what he said properly, and look up the meaning of "production schedule" and "milestones".
    Maybe you should pick up a history book and see that blizzard have done this type of thing (usually far less pointless) for every major mmo competitor release. Probably should get off that pedestal as well.

Hey you know what would be awesome? If the servers were actually working.

The funny thing is, if anything, it'll just help people to reach valor cap quicker for the week (and give them more time to play WildStar). *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    The funny thing is, if anything, it'll just help people to reach valor cap quicker for the week (and give them more time to play WildStar). *shrug*
    I agree. Last of the month and into the next, another subscription fee. Done deal.
    Pretty sly there.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

Quote Originally Posted by Psidum View Post
    Maybe you should pick up a history book and see that blizzard have done this type of thing (usually far less pointless) for every major mmo competitor release. Probably should get off that pedestal as well.
    At this point I think it is likely of a hey we did something if the higher ups complain, but we dont perceive you as a threat. Bit more of a snotty this is how much we care to both the competition and customers. It is nice when you can shift content release points when it suits, but perhaps this time Blizzard couldnt. It is reasonable to think a company cannot completely plan projects around other companies, but in the times you can it would be foolish to not capitalize on opportunities that present themselves especially in a subscription based MMO.

While we have no idea what direction project Titian was heading the timing of where it was likely at mixed with its back to the drawing board call at the very least was coincidental with news of other developers plans of open world action FPS games. Blizzard does well refining what others make, but Titian would of been a somewhat first for a big name to attempt. Blizzard is a business and with that comes with making strategic moves.

Deleted
    I think this buff has nothing to do with wildstar . Cant imagen this petite thing having any influence on the number of people that decided to go wildstar .
    Wildstar will take a chunk out of the blizz subs , how big remains to be seen (prob not all that big) . On the other hand now that wow is in a hibernate/dead state (content wise) people will be more tempted to go and have a look on the other side of the fence . In the end i think this buff will have no impact on that number what so ever .

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    This is kinda useless for raiders tbh, I´m usually capped on wed.
    its wholly useless without the cap being raised.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Seriously... They should just increase valor cap to 2000 instead of this buff. It's useless.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paflodder View Post
    I think this buff has nothing to do with wildstar . Cant imagen this petite thing having any influence on the number of people that decided to go wildstar .
    Wildstar will take a chunk out of the blizz subs , how big remains to be seen (prob not all that big) . On the other hand now that wow is in a hibernate/dead state (content wise) people will be more tempted to go and have a look on the other side of the fence . In the end i think this buff will have no impact on that number what so ever .
    Exactly this little change will have little to no impact on the release of Wildstar and if it does then one would have to wonder..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Seriously... They should just increase valor cap to 2000 instead of this buff. It's useless.
    Yeah precisely I can't see the point of this buff when the amount of VP's per week is still 1000..

I'm curious, since I don't recognize it. But what is that other buff icon beside the Heart of the Valorous?

[INCREASE WEEKLY VALOR CAP or else this is borderline completely, utterly useless... seriously this only helps a small group of people

Definitely to do with Wildstar. This targets casuals who are a little bored, rarely play (or who aren't playing), and who are looking for a reason to continue\resub.

The worst part is that hurts them for people who are already playing the game, since most people don't have a reason to grind valor anymore, especially with the timeless coins conversion.