Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    Heaven help the morons that invade Japan and find every home has a ninja.
    These days it's rather tentacle monster that wants to rape you.

Deleted
    It should be decided on by the victims of Japanese aggresion. Such as China and the korea's for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    That's NATO's though on this as well..... then Russian took a carrier through the English Channel and the Netherlands could do nothing but watch as it went through their territory.
    Dutch ships are currently chasing pirates around Somalia and drug dealers in the Caribbean. There is capability just not readily available.

no. Japan has enough "enemies" and if the country was to get attacked, where the hell would i get my anime fix from?

I am sure US likes it.

It has lots of old weapons for sale.
    If the price is right, US sells Nuke too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    These days it's rather tentacle monster that wants to rape you.
    Pretty sure there is a portion of Japan that would welcome an invasion of the soldiers were tentacle monsters...
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they could do that without major issues today but certainly not without the input of the countries which have been targets of Japanese aggression in modern times, go read up on unit 731 and how Korea was under Japanese control before WW2 and the Nanking massacre among other things if you don't know what they did over there.

Japan got its full sovereignity back in 1952 with the end of the occupation, Germany in 1990 in process of the re-unification and the 2+4 treaty.

Any military restriction (except in nuclear, biological and chemical warfare where both countries signed UN treaties) is completely self imposed, and both countries can choose to act opposing their constitution, or get a government majority to change it without breaking any domestic treaty.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I think they could do that without major issues today but certainly not without the input of the countries which have been targets of Japanese aggression in modern times, go read up on unit 731 and how Korea was under Japanese control before WW2 and the Nanking massacre among other things if you don't know what they did over there.
    So I guess the English, Spanish, Portugese, and Dutch (to name the major players) shouldn't do anything militarily without the OK of the Native American(both north and south), numerous African peoples, the Indians, the Chinese, the aboriginies, and the Polynesean peoples?
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

China, S. Korea, Japan all have large enough economies to have modern armies if need be and they all aren't very keen on eachother. Furthermore they all have the whole honor (or "face") deal going where something small could escalate into something bigger. Last thing the world probably should want is more guns in east Asia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Last thing the world probably should want is more guns in east Asia.
    Its the China that is arming and will continue to do so even if everything was fine and dandy in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffodily View Post
    Its the China that is arming and will continue to do so even if everything was fine and dandy in Asia.
    They are also the only one of 3 that has to do it themselves since they don't live under the US's umbrella. So it is pretty logical that they need to defend themselves.

There is literally no restriction on how large the Japanese Military can get. Only that it can't be used offensively.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

There is literally no restriction on how large the Japanese Military can get. Only that it can't be used offensively.
    That too, lets not forget that Japan is also investing with those carriers and the F-35.

Deleted
    I cant imagine having army which conists only of anti-[insert weapon] equipment. After all, you can defend all you want but if enemy planes keep on refueling and re-arming at their own bases - sooner or later you`ll be bombed to kingdome come.

You need to have something to destroy their infrastructure and that can only done in offensive means.
    Last edited by mmoc63637ca40b; 2014-05-30 at 10:00 AM.

I cant imagine having army which conists only of anti-[instert weapon] equipment. After all, you can defend all you want but if enemy planes keep on refueling and re-arming at their own bases - sooner or later you`ll be bombed to kingdome come.

You need to have something to destroy their infrastructure and that can only done in offensive means.
    That's the thing. If they get attacked by, say, China, they can then defend themselves by reducing China's means to go to war. They technically can't start the war, but they have the military strength to finish one with China at the moment.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Personally I'm surprised the restrictions have been surviving on the books for so long, since WWII they have been good allies and have become a major part of the modernized world.
    Exactly. Why should they jump back 50 years like every other country is?

Deleted
    The second Japs get rid of their military restriction and let Americans out. China will crush Japan in no time.
    Japanese has killed over 35,000,000 Chinese people during WW2 and they still refuse to admit their war crime in any public situation.
    Also, they put military leaders and generals of WW2, which btw are judged to be war criminals by the fast east international military court in 1946, into their national shrine. Every year, Millions of Japanese people including their Prime Minister visit the shrine, kneel before those war criminals and pray. How ridiculous is that!!! That's why SK and China never ever get along with Japan and so on.
    I personally would not want war happening in any place in the world. However, Japan might be the only exceptional for me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bonewang-EU-Ragnaros View Post
    The second Japs get rid of their military restriction and let Americans out. China will crush Japan in no time.
    Japanese has killed over 35,000,000 Chinese people during WW2 and they still refuse to admit their war crime in any public situation.
    Also, they put military leaders and generals of WW2, which btw are judged to be war criminals by the fast east international military court in 1946, into their national shrine. Every year, Millions of Japanese people including their Prime Minister visit the shrine, kneel before those war criminals and pray. How ridiculous is that!!! That's why SK and China never ever get along with Japan and so on.
    I personally would not want war happening in any place in the world. However, Japan might be the only exceptional for me :P
    First, you are completely ignoring the fact that the Japanese Navy currently (and for at least 10 years into the future) crushes the Chinese in the way of capabilities.

Second, Chinese deaths have never been suggested to be over 20 million by any reputable source.

Third, the Japanese have apologized multiple times for what they did during WW2.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ssued_by_Japan
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonewang-EU-Ragnaros View Post
    Read up on your history pleb, so it's alright for the rest of the axis have an army but not Japan.

World War II was cause by numerous actions by other nations and just cause of you and solely you, history should be taught at school from base level to make idiots like you refrain from making stupid posts like this one. If you were put in charge of any country the whole world would of been blown to smithereens by now.