Screen "flickering" after gpu upgrade (green flickering?)

Hey guys,

so I've recently bought an EVGA GTX 770 4GB to upgrade from my old GTX 570 1GB. It came in the mail today and I wanted to install it. Did the usual by disabling the old driver, turning the power off, unplugging everything and proceeded to swap the cards.

After that, I booted up the PC and was greeted with this screen.Even though I'm already inside the OS in this screen, this was happening from the very first second the screen showed something. I turned the PC off again and checked if everything was connected in the proper place, took the gpu out and inserted it again, in case it didn't click the first time, but after booting up, it was the same. After that, I swapped cards again, maybe I broke something without noticing, but the old one works just fine, so it has to be the new card... I think.

Any ideas? Took the screenshot with my phone just in case it was just the monitor that was failing, but I don't think that's the case.

Try another video input DVI/HDMI etc and see if there is any change.

Go to the graphic cards controlpanel and make sure it run on high performance.

But sounds like the card needs to be sent back for a new one.

I have seen those artifacts many times in my pc-fixing/building experience, and it has always been hardware damage. I guess you can get the same when OC'ing your gfx card, but if this was how it is out of the box, something is wrong with it. I would contact the shop for a replacement and not spend much time looking for a solution, if I were you.
    Mother pus bucket!

I've never seen that effect in a video card that wasn't bad. I have to agree with tankbug, exchange it.

Alright, thanks guy, contacted the shop and hope I'll get a replacement real soon