Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Welp, I'm so totally not getting that... Not due to being outside of the EU, but just due to the fact I doubt I'll get the Plat Trophy.

How does one get to the Nightmare Frontier? Want to fight Amygdala for the chalice.

i'm very close myself to platinum but it's stuck behind chalice dungeons, just haven't gotten around to going through them x_o, i'm at the chalice fire dog NG++

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    i'm very close myself to platinum but it's stuck behind chalice dungeons, just haven't gotten around to going through them x_o, i'm at the chalice fire dog NG++
    The chalice dungeons were easily the worst part of the platinum. The new fights were good like Abhorrent Beast and the Defiled Chalice was brutal, but it was super time consuming and grindy. Plus you had to do some chalices multiple times to get enough mats to create the next chalice.

But I should note that NG+ doesn't affect the chalice dungeons at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    Also to add you can summon for help in the chalice dungeons.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Also to add you can summon for help in the chalice dungeons.
    Good luck with that though... as good as Bloodborne is, they definitely took a step backwards in the online portion of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Good luck with that though... as good as Bloodborne is, they definitely took a step backwards in the online portion of the game.
    It could have been improved but it does work.

Just go in and ring ur bell sooner or later a random will help.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It could have been improved but it does work.

Just go in and ring ur bell sooner or later a random will help.
    It works, it just takes so long that it's better to just go it alone. I waited 30 minutes for a summon when I was doing the Defiled Fire Dog thing and that was pretty close to launch. It is even more unlikely to get a summon now.

Although I would be willing to help anyone having trouble with the Chalice dungeons. Or someone wanting someone to play with to break up the monotony. I can't play this weekend because I'm going to be out of town, but next week I'd be down to help.

I picked up this game last week and I'm enjoying it quite a lot! The boss fights are very unforgiving though - and whilst I managed to get through a couple of them by myself I ended up having to summon some aid for the rest. I absolutely love the game's atmosphere and how varied the enemies are. Exploring each new area is quite fun since there's always new enemies to look out for and they're not the same as stuff from earlier places.

I've just reached the boss fight where you battle three bosses at the same time. I managed to take down one of them but then the other two ended up killing me. I suppose I'll end up using the bell again... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I picked up this game last week and I'm enjoying it quite a lot! The boss fights are very unforgiving though - and whilst I managed to get through a couple of them by myself I ended up having to summon some aid for the rest. I absolutely love the game's atmosphere and how varied the enemies are. Exploring each new area is quite fun since there's always new enemies to look out for and they're not the same as stuff from earlier places.

I've just reached the boss fight where you battle three bosses at the same time. I managed to take down one of them but then the other two ended up killing me. I suppose I'll end up using the bell again... :P
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Bloodborne is a really awesome game. If you're at the point I think you are (Shadows or Yarnhem), then yes they can be very difficult at first. One thing that really helps is to get their parry-windows down. Also, using that pillar to block the ranged guy is really helpful. Good luck in Byrgenwerth! >: )

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

Don't give up so easy! The key with the 3 shadows of yharnam is to hide behide the big rock feature and keep moving around it so the fireball guy cant hit you, then you take out the sword guy. Then the other melee guy, then quickly finish off the fireball guy before the snakes he summons become a problem. You can also lower all their health by 1/3 so they arnt in phase 2 for as long.

I just finished this game after playing it for the first time a few weeks ago, and this game jumped straight into my all time favorites. And theres a big DLC coming out next month. hyped!

Thanks for the advice! I managed to get them down - with some help - and focused on dealing with the fire guy whilst my ally helped tackle the other two. I got as far as the next boss - the giant spider - and managed to get him to half health a couple of times before dying. I'll give it another go tomorrow when I'm a bit more alert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still salty that the rest of the world doesn't get the Bloodborne Platinum theme.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Still salty that the rest of the world doesn't get the Bloodborne Platinum theme.
    Yeah I love stuff like that. Nice little nod to gamers who went the extra mile with your game. Very lame its europe only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Laameee, yeah would've been nice.
    First one I platinumed cause it was the least grindy kind of platinum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls is pretty easy to platinum. Then again, I did it with a friend and we traded upgraded weapons for the achievements. Only took us 2 playthroughs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say it's the least grindy cause I got it by just playing the game. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I say it's the least grindy cause I got it by just playing the game. >.>
    Agreed. The only grind was the chalice dungeons really the rest was fun because it was mainly optional boss kills.

I hope the DLC has a platium but I really hope no trophys are in the chalice dungeons. Fuck that place.

7+ Year Old Account
    So excited for more bloodborne. Literally cant wait for this and dark souls 3

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked a used copy of this yesterday. Wasn't too keen on spending full price without ever having played a Demon Souls-esque game before.
    Gotta say i'm impressed with the setting, ambience and world design. Combat is quite fun too. Even managed to beat Cleric Beast and Gascoigne on my first tries so i must not be that awful at it.

7+ Year Old Account
    My pre-order countdown for Old hunters is down to 5 days now. This is gona be awesome ^^

havent decided what build I'm gona go. I think the bow weapon might be the way to go but could just as easily go a strength build. Decisions :/