Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastila-Shan View Post
    Wrong, without the RPG systems the Game would not even be half the fun. RPGs are always about you getting stronger.
    The games aren't about leveling and getting stronger, they're about the challenge. Always have been. Leveling was almost as unneeded as a fork in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    The games aren't about leveling and getting stronger, they're about the challenge. Always have been. Leveling was almost as unneeded as a fork in the eye.
    I kind of enjoyed the risk/reward of moving on with your souls to try and find the next bonfire or going back and spending them on leveling. They could make this up in other ways though, I don't really know too much about the systems in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastila-Shan View Post
    Wrong, without the RPG systems the Game would not even be half the fun. RPGs are always about you getting stronger.
    Dark souls relies more on skill than stats themselves, stats are mere gates for better gear which can be neglected if you're good and patient.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    that is if it dropped! same as the freaking trident, never got it to drop >
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing is when you farm a weapon for HOURS only to find out you don't like it. *cough* Berserker Blade.

10+ Year Old Account
    No the worst thing is when you want that weapon extremelly bad and you never get it, but then you make an alt with an ENTIRELY differnt build and you get that fucking weapon... my balder side sword, hated it so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washing Pole Kamina run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    No dismembering, seriously? You hit them like they're balloons full of blood, blood spills everywhere, but the actual corpses look shiny and untouched. If this is the "next -gen console" graphics that were promised, I'm not impressed one bit.
    Otherwise, the game looks fun.
    If you don't think the graphics and effects already going on in the game aren't impressive I don't even...

I guess if you play games strictly for Gore it's unimpressive, I'm more impressed by the fluid animations and physics on everything.

Looks like the Bloodborne alpha started and lots of people already broke the NDA by streaming the game and posting it on youtube.

Game looks fucking terrible, as expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Motion blur, unsteady fps (dat console hardware), bad camera angles especially during big boss fights... I hope these get fixed... But the atmosphere is fucking there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Motion blur, unsteady fps (dat console hardware), bad camera angles especially during big boss fights... I hope these get fixed... But the atmosphere is fucking there.
    The motion blur is probably intended and will stay. As for the unsteady fps I doubt it's the PS4's power. Games that are open world and are graphically more impressive like Infamous Second Son run flawlessly. The game is still unfinished and From Software isn't known for being the best at optimizing their games.

So, I watched the streams of this on Twitch and I have one thing to say about this game. It looks hard as fuck. Like, way harder than any of the Souls games. Of the 3 streams I watched, with a combined ~30 attempts, someone got the first boss below 50% one time. And as I understand, Bloodborne isn't an RPG, right? So you can't just go and farm mooks for extra stats if you get stuck on a boss.

The consumables seem crazy strong though, so maybe the meta will be farming consumables for difficult bosses, instead of farming for levels. Seems like a more skill based game though, more like a typical hard as fuck hack and slash game like Ninja Gaiden or DMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    This isn't correct. These games have multiple facets to them, people play them for their own reasons. And Miyazaki himself has stated that his focus with the Souls games was never about challenge but about immersing the player, the challenging aspects were just a by-product of that. In other words, if some giant monster hits you, it's not immersive for that attack to chip off 5% of your health, it should do some heavy damage.

While from a player perspective challenge is a part of the games, if you play them for challenge then that's what you do. I personally play them for the immersion and well tuned/balanced gameplay. The RPG elements also play a role for me, I enjoy my character growing in strength inside of a world that feels much more real than a normal RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So, I watched the streams of this on Twitch and I have one thing to say about this game. It looks hard as fuck. Like, way harder than any of the Souls games. Of the 3 streams I watched, with a combined ~30 attempts, someone got the first boss below 50% one time. And as I understand, Bloodborne isn't an RPG, right? So you can't just go and farm mooks for extra stats if you get stuck on a boss.

The consumables seem crazy strong though, so maybe the meta will be farming consumables for difficult bosses, instead of farming for levels. Seems like a more skill based game though, more like a typical hard as fuck hack and slash game like Ninja Gaiden or DMC.
    Only thing I'd say is that Dark Souls 2 demo was also harder than the original game, they often tune up the difficulty for the alphas/betas/demos by putting you in a section of the game you're ill-equipped for. For example, with DkS2 demo they had you up against the Mirror Knight, which of course is actually one of the last bosses in the game.
    Last edited by Aqueous; 2015-01-04 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post

Meh, the souls games look extremely hard the first time you see/play them, but once you get used to the gameplay it's ezpz, it happened to me with DS2 before ditching my parry/dodge style from DS1, couldn't get used to the dodge/parry frames in DS2 so i just blocked and played it like a wuss 8(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Meh, the souls games look extremely hard the first time you see/play them, but once you get used to the gameplay it's ezpz, it happened to me with DS2 before ditching my parry/dodge style from DS1, couldn't get used to the dodge/parry frames in DS2 so i just blocked and played it like a wuss 8(
    A reminder that people who use shields or magic in Souls games are just dirty cashuls!

Really interesting video with one of the devs playing through first 20 minutes of the game:

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    [IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/0fa82dcc3928b964e5e5445858896c92/tumblr_nkvu3a3Ovu1sqi6gro1_500.gif[IMG]

9 days left!
    I am already enjoying the game so have fun when you get it. Lots of people have been streaming it and lots of stores have broken street date already.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    I am already enjoying the game so have fun when you get it. Lots of people have been streaming it and lots of stores have broken street date already.
    The game got gold status ( ready for mass production) less than a week ago. How would stores have copies already?