Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I have tried to knock the Amulet out of her hand and I can't seem to do it. There is a chance she gets stunned and u can do massive damage to her face but I can't trigger it all the time.

I tried out dpsing the heal and it dosen't work and I tired lighting her on fire with oil and a molotov. If it wasn't for her heal she would be dead.
    Vicar is mainly a gear check if you can out dps her heal. Near her location there is a mind numbing mist that blocks healing if you can find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Vicar is mainly a gear check if you can out dps her heal. Near her location there is a mind numbing mist that blocks healing if you can find it.
    Honestly, I didn't even noticed that she heals. Is that what she was doing when she had that red aura around her? Whenever she was doing that I would just do charged R2's with my Long Axe and she would stagger. Maybe I was inadvertently interrupting it?

If it wasn't for her heal she would be dead.
    That's From for ya! Every time I come across a boss that can heal it feels like salt in the wound.

Yeah, if there's a way to interrupt it I haven't found it. I can usually negate a good chunk of it just by wailing at her while she's doing it, but that's about all I can do. Just gonna farm some blood for a bunch of Fire Papers before taking her on again, she'll go down eventually.

Edit: Wow, completely forgot about those. Now I feel dumb.

She glows goldish when she's healing. It's channeled so she just sits there while doing it.

A good early place to farm blood vials is to start from the lantern in Central Yahrnam, and take the left gate
    Will do this. Thanks!
    Last edited by Silent Earth; 2015-03-27 at 12:43 PM.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

ill look for that. My new way of fighting her was working until she heals. I would use the R2 long axe charge up after I dodge her leap. I lasted a lot longer but she healed like 5 times ffs.

That heals OP...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    That's From for ya! Every time I come across a boss that can heal it feels like salt in the wound.

Yeah, if there's a way to interrupt it I haven't found it. I can usually negate a good chunk of it just by wailing at her while she's doing it, but that's about all I can do. Just gonna farm some blood for a bunch of Fire Papers before taking her on again, she'll go down eventually.
    Where can u buy fire papers because I got the 3 from the guy and already used them. My vendors don't sell them yet it seems.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Where can u buy fire papers because I got the 3 from the guy and already used them. My vendors don't sell them yet it seems.
    Fire papers unlock after you kill Blood starved beast sadly and can only be bought with Insight which kinda sucks. My messenger vendor sells volt paper now though.

Fire papers unlock after you kill Blood starved beast sadly and can only be bought with Insight which kinda sucks. My messenger vendor sells volt paper now though.
    O ok havent killed bsb yet then.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Are you sure? I swear my messenger was selling them for about 2k blood. I could be mistaken, I'll double check when I get home. Definitely don't have Volt papers at my messenger yet.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Thx alot for that tip. I finally killed her I wasted like 5 of the things because I didn't know how long they lasted lol.

Thx again Boss's that can heal in a souls style game is BS lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    Are you sure? I swear my messenger was selling them for about 2k blood. I could be mistaken, I'll double check when I get home. Definitely don't have Volt papers at my messenger yet.
    I might not have unlocked them yet via the messenger vendor yet only at the Insight vendor. Unless I have to buy them from the Insight vendor first before being able to buy them from the messenger for blood echos.

- - - Updated - - -

Thx alot for that tip. I finally killed her I wasted like 5 of the things because I didn't know how long they lasted lol.

Thx again Boss's that can heal in a souls style game is BS lol.
    You're welcome they last for a bit but you will find more of those later on in the game.

Ok I though I noticed something.

Each time you beat a boss the time of day changes. For example before I beat Vicar Amelia if I went to Central Yharnam it was day time and bright out. Now after I beat her its night time and you can see the moon. To me thats just fucken cool.

Seems there is some kind of beast mode tied to a stat and some weapons as well but I don't know much about it.

Also I wish like if I am in Zone 1 I can go from Lantern to Lantern and not have to go back to Hunters Dream. I get I wouldn't be able to go from zone 1 to zone 2 but still.

Ok I though I noticed something.

Each time you beat a boss the time of day changes. For example before I beat Vicar Amelia if I went to Central Yharnam it was day time and bright out. Now after I beat her its night time and you can see the moon. To me thats just fucken cool.

Seems there is some kind of beast mode tied to a stat and some weapons as well but I don't know much about it.
    Have you noticed the giants are sleeping in the area now I find it kinda cute but then I think I CAN KILL THEM EASIER NOW!

Have you noticed the giants are sleeping in the area now I find it kinda cute but then I think I CAN KILL THEM EASIER NOW!
    No I didn't lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think the second boss the starved blood beast is waaay harder than her because of his poison attacks specially if you lack antidotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Personally I think the second boss the starved blood beast is waaay harder than her because of his poison attacks specially if you lack antidotes.
    The poison is an issue but if you either have molotovs or the flamespray aka flamethrower the boss pretty much dies in like 4 combos to that since BSB is extreamly weak to fire. Also the blood cocktails even make the fight even easier since it attracts the boss to the location you throw it at. Vicar is a gear check since it has a high ass defense along with the heal.

So it seems to me the more blood viles you buy from the store the higher they cost. Is it just me or am I wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    It took me 3 tries to get BSB, mainly because I was using Antidotes. With the speed you get poisoned, I just decided to heal through it instead of wasting Antidotes. But I will say that by the time he hits his 3rd phase, you can't play patiently. The Poison forces you to be very aggressive because of the constant damage.

So it seems to me the more blood viles you buy from the store the higher they cost. Is it just me or am I wrong.
    I think it might increase based on your level, or how much you've progressed. I've got no proof but I've noticed them increasing in price as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok after defeating Rom the boss I kept walking until I saw some kind of a woman with white dress then there is a cut scene where I transported to another location called the unseen village of Yahram or something like that I also discovered another place called Nightmarish frontier after getting an item called Tonsil stone.

So my question is are these areas optional or part of the main storyline to progress?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's where I'm at now. I believe its part of the proper storyline. Its also where I freaked out and realized someone is going to be looing my corpse for a Madman's Knowledge.

Also, apparently Invasions can only happen if there is a Bell Ringer in the area. One gets summoned into your game when you get CoOp help, but some areas have natural Bell Ringers. I saw a bunch in that area. Be warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    That's where I'm at now. I believe its part of the proper storyline. Its also where I freaked out and realized someone is going to be looing my corpse for a Madman's Knowledge.

Also, apparently Invasions can only happen if there is a Bell Ringer in the area. One gets summoned into your game when you get CoOp help, but some areas have natural Bell Ringers. I saw a bunch in that area. Be warned.
    Yup I progressed toward that area until I finally got to the lamp but damn it was tense because if you don't kill the bell ringers women the enemy she summons will be endless.