Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I have a new boss to replace Amelia Vicar as my nemesis...Bloodletting Beast. I burned through all my consumables trying to get him, only to slip once and get one-shot every time I fought him. It took about 2 hours, but I did finally bring him down. My total consumables were down to 1 Blood Vial and 3 Silver Bullets. He was a real pain in the ass to learn, but when I did beat him I took no damage...which is probably because half of his attacks killed me in 1 hit. x_X
    The worm head or the normal one?
    Worm head is the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The loading screens have been massivlly improved now taking 5-15sec to fully load down from 45sec.

Edit: I said that wrong. Loading screens are 5-15 sec shorter and thats still a massive improvement.
    Was going to ask, since I have an SSD, wonder what the differences are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The worm head or the normal one?
    Worm head is the worst.
    Just the normal one. I've only just now completed the Lower Pthumera Chalice dungeon. Of course now I will also need to play NG+ to get enough of the game opened up so I can get my Vial and Bullet farm spots opened up, so I am taking a little break. =)

This reddit page may be of interest to any stat monkeys like myself. http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/c...w_things_like/

Also, I concur with the above poster, fuck the Bloodletting Beast, either form. I think I'm going to upgrade a Saw Cleaver just to maximize the damage from Serration and Fire Paper on that fuck. Fyi, even though Arcane and Fire are his lowest defenses, he still knocks off a good amount of damage from those. My Chikage is just the worst for him, the moveset just makes him really hard to hit, especially when two handing. Burial Blade for the range or Saw Cleaver to take advantage of weaknesses will probably be better than raw sheet dps on that boss.

I need like 6 more Blood Rocks for all the weapons I want at +10...

In other news I finally got my first Abyssal Gem from Bloodletting Beast today! It was total shit.

Now this is a fun glitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    This reddit page may be of interest to any stat monkeys like myself. http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/c...w_things_like/

Also, I concur with the above poster, fuck the Bloodletting Beast, either form. I think I'm going to upgrade a Saw Cleaver just to maximize the damage from Serration and Fire Paper on that fuck. Fyi, even though Arcane and Fire are his lowest defenses, he still knocks off a good amount of damage from those. My Chikage is just the worst for him, the moveset just makes him really hard to hit, especially when two handing. Burial Blade for the range or Saw Cleaver to take advantage of weaknesses will probably be better than raw sheet dps on that boss.

I need like 6 more Blood Rocks for all the weapons I want at +10...

In other news I finally got my first Abyssal Gem from Bloodletting Beast today! It was total shit.
    Haha yeah, my first abyssal was shit.

There's a boss rush effect... wat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post

Now this is a fun glitch.
    That is awesome!

Also, I'm on the final stretch for my plat trophy in Bloodborne and I've got to say... the Chalice Dungeons are such a grind. Same areas just with a slightly different layout and several new enemy types. The bosses are cool, but getting some of the ritual materials is just annoying.

P.S. I love the Burial Blade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat the Defiled Watchdog of the Old Lords. Probably the hardest boss I've fought in the Souls series which is not a good thing. Such a bullshit fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Beat the Defiled Watchdog of the Old Lords. Probably the hardest boss I've fought in the Souls series which is not a good thing. Such a bullshit fight.
    Easy to cheese though. Evelyn and Bone Marrow Ash really wreck his day. If you thought he was hard, wait till you fight the Headless Bloodletting Beast in depth 5 with cursed/rotted/fetid. Bad times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy to cheese though. Evelyn and Bone Marrow Ash really wreck his day. If you thought he was hard, wait till you fight the Headless Bloodletting Beast in depth 5 with cursed/rotted/fetid. Bad times.
    Evelyn and Bone Marrow Ash fucks up pretty much anything including the Bloodletting Beast. Unfortunately, I don't have the stats for such a build and it's a bit too cheesy for my tastes.

I wouldn't mind doing a Depth 5 cursed/rotted/fetid dungeon for the challenge because it would be my choice. Same thing with Soul Level 1 runs in DS 1 and 2. They were frustrating at times, but it didn't bother me, because I chose to do it.

This is frustrating because I'm only doing it to get the Yharnam. I don't give a fuck about this defiled chalice. I think my problem isn't the one shots but the fact that I do so little damage. The fights end up lasting like 10 minutes and especially in Amygdala's case everything is either a one shot or a combo that kills you.

Evelyn and Bone Marrow Ash fucks up pretty much anything including the Bloodletting Beast. Unfortunately, I don't have the stats for such a build and it's a bit too cheesy for my tastes.

I wouldn't mind doing a Depth 5 cursed/rotted/fetid dungeon for the challenge because it would be my choice. Same thing with Soul Level 1 runs in DS 1 and 2. They were frustrating at times, but it didn't bother me, because I chose to do it.

This is frustrating because I'm only doing it to get the Yharnam. I don't give a fuck about this defiled chalice. I think my problem isn't the one shots but the fact that I do so little damage. The fights end up lasting like 10 minutes and especially in Amygdala's case everything is either a one shot or a combo that kills you.
    Evelyn+BMA doesn't do shit to the Headless Bloodletting Beast. With 80 Bloodtinge and +10 I do like 800 damage a shot, to a boss that I swear has at least 50k HP. It also does beans to the Pthumerian Descendant/Elder, like, 300 damage a shot with BMA. The Watchdog, I do like 3000 damage a shot with BMA after its armor plating has been broken off, which Evelyn can do rather quickly with normal shots. I literally killed the Watchdog with just gun spam.

I will say though, if you're having that many issues with being one shot, try a high physical defense setup. I know most people love to play Fashionborne, but armor is significant in this game. My character has a combined phys defense of around 66% which is kind of awesome. Even in depth 5 cursed I've never been one shotted, though I've come close a few times. Fyi, best phys defense is Cainhurst helm and armor with Yahar'gul boots and gloves. And Caryll Runes that increase defense seem to have some kind of synergistic scaling with defense from gear.

Also, I dislike cursed, because I feel forced to do it. It's the only way to get the best gems in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evelyn+BMA doesn't do shit to the Headless Bloodletting Beast. With 80 Bloodtinge and +10 I do like 800 damage a shot, to a boss that I swear has at least 50k HP. It also does beans to the Pthumerian Descendant/Elder, like, 300 damage a shot with BMA. The Watchdog, I do like 3000 damage a shot with BMA after its armor plating has been broken off, which Evelyn can do rather quickly with normal shots. I literally killed the Watchdog with just gun spam.

I will say though, if you're having that many issues with being one shot, try a high physical defense setup. I know most people love to play Fashionborne, but armor is significant in this game. My character has a combined phys defense of around 66% which is kind of awesome. Even in depth 5 cursed I've never been one shotted, though I've come close a few times. Fyi, best phys defense is Cainhurst helm and armor with Yahar'gul boots and gloves. And Caryll Runes that increase defense seem to have some kind of synergistic scaling with defense from gear.

Also, I dislike cursed, because I feel forced to do it. It's the only way to get the best gems in the game.
    800 damage is still good for pretty much entirely safe damage. I watched a video where a guy fought a Depth 5 Abhorrent Beast in a Root Chalice and killed it in 2 minutes just by using BMA and Evelyn. As long as he didn't spam shots the Abhorrent Beast couldn't touch him before he backstepped away. You likely won't be able to solo the top bosses with BMA and Evelyn, but you can definitely take off a good chunk of health before the fight even really begins.

As for armor I'm rocking the Bone Ash set, which has pretty high phy defense. Probably some of the highest in the game. I'm also rocking the 5% and 10% health runes. The problem isn't that I'm getting one shot necessarily, except for a few attacks, but that 1 hit will stagger me which guarantees the second hit which kills me. Right now with Amygdala she either catches me in a sweep combo and if I'm not far enough away the second sweep will hit me before I can backstep. Then, of course she has the arcane slam down attack in P3 which actually does one shot me.

Ultimately, it's just taking me a while to get these fights down because after a couple attempts I get bored because they're not really high intensity fights like Bloodletting or Abhorrent, they're really just me waiting around until the boss gets baited into an attack and I get free damage. I just need to really learn her P3 attacks and how to dodge them properly and she'll die soon enough. I've heard that the Defiled Chalice is the worst part of the grind to Yharnam, so at least I have that to look forward to.

10+ Year Old Account

That is some crazy stuff. Wonder if it's worth getting from 7-15 Arcane for the Beast Roar after seeing that.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post

That is some crazy stuff. Wonder if it's worth getting from 7-15 Arcane for the Beast Roar after seeing that.
    I wouldn't put too much stock in that video. The Keeper of the Old Lords is extremely easy to lock down. Although that strat would definitely make pretty much all the hostile hunter NPCs super easy. Basically, the tool is either really OP or pretty useless depending on the fight.

Actually, the Beast Roar would be pretty OP for the Shadow of Yharnam fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beast Roar deflects any projectile. Including the crystal flying things from Rom the butthole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well found a really easy way to cheese Amygdala. I fought her legitly for the first two phases which I had already mastered and then I stuck on her ass for the last phase. The only attack she does is a stomp that couldn't one shot me and she jumped away. Took a little longer but I one shot her with this strat.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I always do really. It's the only way that I found with a Isz Chalice Rotten Foetid Cursed one. It's also the first AI abuse I figured first time through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Beast Roar deflects any projectile. Including the crystal flying things from Rom the butthole.
    Wow, did not know that. Good to know. Thanks!

Well found a really easy way to cheese Amygdala. I fought her legitly for the first two phases which I had already mastered and then I stuck on her ass for the last phase. The only attack she does is a stomp that couldn't one shot me and she jumped away. Took a little longer but I one shot her with this strat.
    Weirdly, this strat occurred naturally for me on my first play-through. I was messing around with Tonitrus, so I had to get close anyway and didn't see any point staying in front of her/it, so just whacked away at her/its legs. Even when she does the huge leaps upwards, she doesn't actually land on you if you stand completely still, which is weird. Felt as though the AI hadn't been designed to handle such a simple situation - she should probably leap around like a dog-type boss instead of staying still for so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, to spend 50k Echoes on 8 levels into Arcane, or other stats...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my Platinum trophy! Got to say, even though she wasn't very difficult, I really liked the Yharnam fight. There was a little bit of RNG peppered into the fight that you had to react to.

Might as well post my thoughts on the game. Basically, From Software has outdone themselves with this one. Boss design, enemy design, level design are not only some of the best that From has created, but some of the best in gaming period. The weapons are all very intricate and fun to play with, the combat still has that Souls series feel to it while still being unique and refreshing. While I am personally not a fan of the chalice dungeons, I can definitely see that people are going to draw a lot of replayability out of them.

The negatives though are that I feel like while From made huge leaps in some areas, they took some steps back in others. You can definitely tell that this game was heavily influenced by Demon's Souls from the way the Lanterns work to the way that heaing works. Healing is one of my gripes about the game. It is really frustrating and destroys the pace of the game when you wipe on a boss several times and then have to go and farm up Blood Vials. This wasn't that big of a problem in Demon's Souls because a lot of enemies drop Blood Vials, but the deeper you go into Bloodborne, the less Blood Vials drop.

Also no respeccing. It is only really an issue on your first playthrough but I went in blind and had no idea what weapons I wanted to use. I started building skill because it's equivalent to Dex but halfway through the game I found the Chikage and discovered that you want to go Bloodtinge with it. So I ended up using the Blades of Mercy and then the Burial Blade instead.

Oh and the difficulty curve was extremely smooth in this game. Normally in the other Souls games the game becomes a lot easier at the halfway point because I've got my weapon fully upgraded and my stats are pretty high, but Bloodborne was dangerous throughout.