Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Fear the old blood. An expansion is incoming.

Bloodborne again: Expansion confirmed

Here is some details on the patch today.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new.../1100-6427570/
    The latest patch for Bloodborne is now available, and among other things, it does away with an obstacle when attempting to play with friends.

As of yet, the patch notes for 1.04 have only been published online in Japanese; viewing the update history on a PS4 is of little help, as it lists only "improved game balance" and "various bug fixes." That sells this patch short, in large part because the game now no longer requires you to be within a certain number of levels of other players when trying to join together with a password.

It's key that this change applies only to matches with password matching, as these are instances where you're deliberately trying to play together with a friend. Trying to find other random players online without a password will still require that you're within roughly 10 levels of each other.

Other changes include a big increase in the number of Blood Vials and Quicksilver Bullets you can now keep in your storage, as you can now have up to 600 of each. The Insight store now shows up sooner, as you'll need only one Insight, not 10, for it to appear. And various balance tweaks have been made, such as reducing the stamina use of the Kirkhammer and decreasing the number of Quicksilver Bullets it takes to use certain items.

Players are attempting to document all of the tweaks in this patch over on Reddit, and we're still awaiting the full patch notes to be released in English.

Sony recently revealed that an expansion for Bloodborne is coming later this year, though we don't yet have any details about it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Patch is god tier. I'll finally be able to upgrade the other like 7 weapons and guns I wanted to try at endgame. The buff to blood echoes from Chalice Dungeons is also nifty for people like me that don't care about pvp. If the expansion keeps me interested, I may actually hit max level in a Souls-like game for once. 235 And counting!

I wonder how the beast blood pellet buff will change speedruns. Silly Santzo wasn't updating his game while he was streaming earlier, thought the patch wouldn't change anything about the run.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god I have been waiting for something like that finally I can store waaaaay more blood vials and silver bullets up to 600 YES !

Starting NG+ I think it will be a fantastic start specially after this amazing patch changes yay.

So question folks any major changes in NG+ of course other than enemies and bosses having more hp and deals more damage?

Like in Dark Souls series where we get specific items only exclusive for NG+ is there something like that in Bloodborne?

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    My god I have been waiting for something like that finally I can store waaaaay more blood vials and silver bullets up to 600 YES !

Starting NG+ I think it will be a fantastic start specially after this amazing patch changes yay.

So question folks any major changes in NG+ of course other than enemies and bosses having more hp and deals more damage?

Like in Dark Souls series where we get specific items only exclusive for NG+ is there something like that in Bloodborne?
    Didn't notice anything special when I played through NG+, although I pretty much 1shot every boss fairly quickly on the second play-through so might've missed something. Only notable thing was Micolash seemed to 1 shot me with everything in his last phase, but outside of that I don't recall anything special from NG+ other than damage/HP. ^^

Deleted
    Still uncontested GOTY for me. Will see what happens once deus ex, MGS:V and Fallout 4 come out, but Bloodborne has set a very high bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna be a battle of the DLCs for me. The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne are both equally worthy of GOTY for me so I'll let the quality of the DLCs (major DLCs) decide for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Double posts are evil and I'm a horrible person.

With that out of the way, I finally convinced another close friend of mine to play this game with me (2 down, 3 to go!). She kind of sucks but we're having a blast. I'm running a Reiterpallasch/Cannon build which is kind is completely new to me and...it's a lot of fun. Bone Marrow Ash + Parry + CANNON BLAST!!!! It's kind of funny, though. That friend of mine is wondering why people say it's so hard. Ah, if only she knew... #gettingcarried

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Double posts are evil and I'm a horrible person.

With that out of the way, I finally convinced another close friend of mine to play this game with me (2 down, 3 to go!). She kind of sucks but we're having a blast. I'm running a Reiterpallasch/Cannon build which is kind is completely new to me and...it's a lot of fun. Bone Marrow Ash + Parry + CANNON BLAST!!!! It's kind of funny, though. That friend of mine is wondering why people say it's so hard. Ah, if only she knew... #gettingcarried
    Nice. Even though From Software's games have shitty co-op systems, playing them with friends is a blast. I played through DS1 and 2 with a friend of mine and it was great. Now, I just need him to buy a PS4...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah even with the password thingy it can take 10+ minutes to summon in Bloodborne. Makes it a lot easier when you're in the same room as the person you're co-oping with.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Nice. Even though From Software's games have shitty co-op systems, playing them with friends is a blast. I played through DS1 and 2 with a friend of mine and it was great. Now, I just need him to buy a PS4...
    That have improved the Co-Op in bloodborne alot.

There is no longer a level limit to Co-Op with friends via useing the password system. Also it only requires 1 insight to get the fountain to show up and buy the items needed.

Also I finally got my platium after 115hrs and even Shuhei Yoshida said congratulations to me lol

Will show pic in a moment lol.

edit:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah even with the password thingy it can take 10+ minutes to summon in Bloodborne. Makes it a lot easier when you're in the same room as the person you're co-oping with.
    If they are in the same region as you switch it to local. I figured out having it world wide cause's problems at lease it did way early into the game.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-08-02 at 03:04 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account

Yay finally got my platinum trophy ! Now I am so ready for Bloodborne DLC !

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice! The platinum was pretty fun except for the chalice dungeon part which felt too grindy to me. I also hope they are going to release new Bloodborne DLC soon, but I think they are going to do what Bioware is doing with their new DLC and not announce it until a week or two before its release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so hyped for the DLC. I'm hoping we get to fight some more Great Ones.

I'm pretty close to my platinum, just have a few things to do in chalice dungeons. Rocking a Reiterpallasch/Flamesprayer build now. Flamesprayer is so OP after using an Oil Urn and Bone Marrow Ash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Nice! The platinum was pretty fun except for the chalice dungeon part which felt too grindy to me. I also hope they are going to release new Bloodborne DLC soon, but I think they are going to do what Bioware is doing with their new DLC and not announce it until a week or two before its release.
    Haha Indeed ! the funny part that I didn't know that you can get all of the endings trophies at one playthrough without starting all over again until too late.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so hyped for the DLC. I'm hoping we get to fight some more Great Ones.

I'm pretty close to my platinum, just have a few things to do in chalice dungeons. Rocking a Reiterpallasch/Flamesprayer build now. Flamesprayer is so OP after using an Oil Urn and Bone Marrow Ash.
    Nice ! go go go I am slaughtering everything with my Holy Ludwig tow handed sword + Cannon (with fully upgraded + using the ash that increase the guns damage the pure damage of it is insane haha) build all fully upgraded 10+ the damage is so much crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure a lot of people already know this:

Miyazaki always been a fan of Berserk the manga specially the main character Gatsu. In Dark Souls 1 the creation of knight Artorias was inspired by Gatsu's fully Berserker armor.

Not only in Dark Souls series also in Bloodborne we continue to see the inspiration of Berserk in the game such as:

Hunter's Mark in Bloodborne

The curse mark of Berserk the manga/anime

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Miyazaki loves that shit lol. Part of why I love Bloodborne so much...it mixes so many of my favorite things together into one. Lovecraftian horror, Victorian horror, Berserk...

I've been looking for a solid horror game and this looks like something I'd really enjoy. It's been recommended to me by a friend who knows my tastes rather well so I'll no doubt purchase it to tide me over until Fallout 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I've been looking for a solid horror game and this looks like something I'd really enjoy. It's been recommended to me by a friend who knows my tastes rather well so I'll no doubt purchase it to tide me over until Fallout 4.
    Oh yeah you choose well friend ! have fun and get ready to be slaughtered a lot ! if you are not used to the souls series.

Bloodborne The Old Hunters was just annouced for Nov 24 2015. Will update the OP and this post once I read more info on it.

Edit: On Dec 3rd 2015 you will be able to buy Bloodborne The Old Hunters bundle that has the original game as well as a hardcopy.
    Edit: To be clear those mite be Japan dates and not EU or US.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-09-15 at 07:26 AM.

W-was that a f-fucking bow i saw?