Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How to be a cheerleader

Deleted
    I need to drop 10 years and change sex, otherwise thats great advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rich, guys can be cheerleaders. I was for 2 years, only guy on the team for 1 of them.

Granted in a small xenophobic US town, I got my ass kicked weekly if not daily for it. But being surrounded by teenage girls, holding girls asses for lifts, for hours on end.

35 year old me says the beatings were "Not worth it."

14/15 year old me, was all "Another lift! This time Kimberly goes up!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I don't see what the problem is. They have standards of behavior and their advice is actually pretty thorough for keeping yourself clean, neat and up to a formal and ladylike standard of beauty and behavior. It accomplishes just what it's meant to accomplish: to keep those who can't or won't maintain those standards out of their service and thus continue the tradition they established.

That position can generate a lot of opportunities for these women if they are cunning and take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves. It lets them rub shoulders with more powerful and influential people than you might think it does. The guidelines on behavior are not meant to oppress them, they are meant to both protect their institution's reputation and(for those who are smart enough to realize it)teach them how to best handle people for their own benefit.

Personally I can't help but think calling this out comes from unattractive and jealous people who wish they could have such a chance, or those who had the chance but blew it because they thought somehow rules don't apply to them and quickly got shown otherwise.

Or they were just too damn dumb to comprehend. Whatever the case, sucks to be them.

Deleted
    So it's like finishing school?

Who gives a fuck? If someone's disinclined to follow a set of rules for a given activity that they're not required to participate in, why should I give a solitary shit? I will never understand the impulse to sign up for an activity or organization and then bitch that said organization doesn't fit your desires.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Personally I can't help but think calling this out comes from unattractive and jealous people who wish they could have such a chance, or those who had the chance but blew it because they thought somehow rules don't apply to them and quickly got shown otherwise.
    Such a chance? A chance to make $300-$2000 a month, while partaking in a sport that has been called the most dangerous one for females, and as far as I can remember, doing all this without proper medical and insurance?

Also, the people "calling this out" were, indeed, former cheerleaders:

You can find both the 2013-14 code of conduct for Jills and a list of the various beauty, hygiene, and social requirements they're expected to fulfill at the bottom of the page. They come to us courtesy of the law firm representing five former Jills who are suing their old handlers for allegedly violating a number of New York labor laws. Named in the suit are the Bills themselves, Stejon Productions, and Citadel Communications Company. (At different times, Stejon and Citadel managed the cheerleading teams for the Bills.)
    Judging by all I've seen about cheerleading, it's not a fun sport/job. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Who gives a fuck? If someone's disinclined to follow a set of rules for a given activity that they're not required to participate in, why should I give a solitary shit? I will never understand the impulse to sign up for an activity or organization and then bitch that said organization doesn't fit your desires.
    I know, right? It's almost as confusing as trying to understand the impulse to post in a thread you're not required to post in, just to bitch about the thread when the content of said thread doesn't fit your desires.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-05-30 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    while partaking in a sport that has been called the most dangerous one for females
    That refers to high school and college cheerleading squads, which involve all sorts of tumbling and throws and such. It's basically a complex form of synchronized gymnastics. The pro football cheerleaders are just dancers in skimpy outfits, there's nothing dangerous about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the "rules" are actually good. Maybe not all of them, but hey.
    Teaching proper manners instead of "street slang" is a plus in my book.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    ]I know, right? It's almost as confusing as trying to understand the impulse to post in a thread you're not required to post in, just to bitch about the thread when the content of said thread doesn't fit your desires.
    Post about something you have an opinion on takes, what, about 30 seconds? Burning a great deal of energy on participating in an organization that you apparently don't like being in is a much, much weirder thing to do than posting in an internet comment section.

Did General Blue write that list?

10+ Year Old Account
    So? I don't like my cheerleaders with fungusy vaginas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Step 1) Cheer.
    Step 2) Get others to cheer.

You are now leading the cheer. If George Walker Bush managed to do it, it can't be hard.

Last edited by Kujako; 2014-05-30 at 02:54 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Step 1) Cheer.
    Step 2) Get others to cheer.

You are now leading the cheer.
    Needs more boobs.

So they don't even get paid? Why would anybody be a cheerleader? To see the game for free?

ah they are hot, who cares

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Rich, guys can be cheerleaders. I was for 2 years, only guy on the team for 1 of them.

Granted in a small xenophobic US town, I got my ass kicked weekly if not daily for it. But being surrounded by teenage girls, holding girls asses for lifts, for hours on end.

35 year old me says the beatings were "Not worth it."

14/15 year old me, was all "Another lift! This time Kimberly goes up!"
    Ya, all the guys on our squad would get teased until the teasers actually saw them in practice (the closeness with us in workout gear) and of course where they put their hands for some of the stunts. Oh, and many of them were guys who didn't make it on the football team for whatever reason, so they were very strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    Ya, all the guys on our squad would get teased until the teasers actually saw them in practice (the closeness with us in workout gear) and of course where they put their hands for some of the stunts. Oh, and many of them were guys who didn't make it on the football team for whatever reason, so they were very strong.
    I played football in the fall, cheered for boys basketball season. By no means "strong", but a voice made for yelling and being able to hoist up an average/slightly chunky teenage girl went a long way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    there's nothing dangerous about it.
    Unless you're this girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Cheerleaders are hired for their looks and act as spokesmen for the team. I see nothing wrong with hygiene guidelines. Some people are dirty pigs and don't clean themselves properly.