Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Since it's private property they can do as they please. The difference between this and the stuff seen in the USA during the Civil Rights movement is that during that time many states and municipalities had laws that said segregation was legal. Basically the USA government can't back segregation, but a business owner does have the right to do so.

I wounder how many people who think people should be aloud to discriminate would change they where the ones being denied service.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Whats the big deal? Im sure an army of gays will go protest and boycott him into submission.
    According to the internet, having an opinion other than "i love gays" results in your business being harassed into submission with probable death threats and personal harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvinny View Post
    So lets say you live in a small town in bumfuck nowhere,, with a single gas station. The next closest one is 30 miles or so away. The private owner of this gas station decided he doesn't like the color of your skin, and refuses service to you. Even though its his gas station, I'm pretty sure that violates the Federal Civil Rights Act.
    It would be wrong if the car was a right and not a privilege. In this scenario the gas station owner in question neither deprived you of your life or liberty. Your lack of planning resulted in a loss of privilege.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be free to pick your customers. Just as you should be free to pick where you eat. The government should not be forcing people into doing business with people they do not want to.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Seems like a smart business move to me. I think most people would rather not look at a gay couple while eating. A few costumers lost, but a lot more gained.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    I wounder how many people who think people should be aloud to discriminate would change they where the ones being denied service.
    If i walked into a shop and got told to leave because.. i dunno, i have glasses. I'd go "well, fuck you buddy" and leave laughing along with everyone else i came with.

Its a stupid arbitrary reason to bar someone, but he should be allowed to (in any place where freedom is valued) run his businesses PR into the ground himself if he wants to.

Plenty of other fish in the sea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    How did the waitress know they were homosexuals? If they acted like two decent humans, one could have just guessed that they are friends.

Ooooh, so that's how. The waitress should have thrown them out on that spot and called the police to charge them for public indecency.
    The fact is, most people don't have problems with the fact that some people are homosexuals, but have problems with the fact that they act obnoxiously and some attention whores make a bad name for the whole community.
    Yes, arrest them and put them on the sex offenders registers because legs were touching. I also want kissing in public and hand holding to get the same punishment, straight people should be punished also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocadial View Post
    It would be wrong if the car was a right and not a privilege. In this scenario the gas station owner in question neither deprived you of your life or liberty. Your lack of planning resulted in a loss of privilege.
    Many small towns only have say, one grocery store. the right to be able to eat is absolute, so you cant really prevent people from buying food if the grocery store is the only source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Since it's private property they can do as they please. The difference between this and the stuff seen in the USA during the Civil Rights movement is that during that time many states and municipalities had laws that said segregation was legal. Basically the USA government can't back segregation, but a business owner does have the right to do so.
    Actually, nope!

The Federal Civil Rights Act guarantees all people the right to "full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."

Public Accommodation is defined as "entities, both public and private, that are used by the public. Examples include retail stores, rental establishments and service establishments, as well as educational institutions, recreation facilities and service centers."

So lets say you live in a small town in bumfuck nowhere,, with a single gas station. The next closest one is 30 miles or so away. The private owner of this gas station decided he doesn't like the color of your skin, and refuses service to you. Even though its his gas station, I'm pretty sure that violates the Federal Civil Rights Act.
    All the best arguments start with "so lets say"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    I literally posted the exact same thing. Don't bother, it's clear people in this thread are just here to troll in the name of bigotry.
    Its not a discussion about gay people, its a discussion about the owners right to deny service to whoever he wants to.

Why do you think businesses run credit checks on people? They want to make sure they can pay for the good or service being offered. If a business owner sees good credit, but thinks the person looks weird, or gay, or too tall, or looks thugish, or any other reason, he / she should be able to deny service.

So should we start forcing businesses to sell cars to people with no credit or shit credit with a shit credit history?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    All the best arguments start with "so lets say"
    Try my one above then. You know, the written law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So you think its appropriate for a man to start sucking dick in the middle of a restaurant even if it was "under the table?" Thats just obnoxious and public indecency. I don't care if its gay or not, it could have been a man going down on a woman in the middle of a restaurant, its still inappropriate for a public place.
    Their legs were touching, it was not sex FFS, kissing is more sexual than what these guys were doing and people kiss all the time in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    If i walked into a shop and got told to leave because.. i dunno, i have glasses. I'd go "well, fuck you buddy" and leave laughing along with everyone else i came with.

Its a stupid arbitrary reason to bar someone, but he should be allowed to (in any place where freedom is valued) run his businesses PR into the ground himself if he wants to.

Plenty of other fish in the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So you think its appropriate for a man to start sucking dick in the middle of a restaurant even if it was "under the table?" Thats just obnoxious and public indecency. I don't care if its gay or not, it could have been a man going down on a woman in the middle of a restaurant, its still inappropriate for a public place.
    I guess I missed where in the article it said that.

Oh wait, it didn't.

Continue to lie Jaylock. I'm not sure people's opinion of you can go any lower at this point anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Yes, arrest them and put them on the sex offenders registers because legs were touching. I also want kissing in public and hand holding to get the same punishment, straight people should be punished also.
    Because kissing and hand holding is totally the same as massaging someone's dick in public. According to the article, one of the guys had his feet in the other one's crotch.

Try my one above then. You know, the written law.
    The fact that its law doesn't change the fact that it goes against freedom of association, freedom of expression and freedom in general.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    So if the skinhead with a swastika tattoo across his head walks into the Jewish restaurant, should the owners be forced to serve him? Should they not be allowed to discriminate against him? Is discrimination against him okay simply because we don't like what he thinks even if he isn't hurting anyone?

Freedom of association is an absolutely necessary cornerstone to being a free people.
    Apples /// oranges. Being a skinhead with a swastika tattooed across your forhead is a choice. Choices have consequences. Being gay or black isn't a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Haha what movie is that?