Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    There have always been dumb people and people against vaccination. The internet allows dumb people against vaccination easier to be heard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I appose flu shots mainly because every time I have had one I actually got the flu the same day and natural antibodies for colds and flus are far better than the fabricated ones.

Not vaccinating against diseases though is stupid.
    You know why you got sick when you got the flu shot? Where did you get the flu shot? At the pharmacy standing around other people who may be sick? Or at your doctors office around other people who may be sick? When you stand in line to get a vaccination, you are usually standing around a lot more people than you normally would and your chances of getting sick are higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    1. Unless you got a live virus vaccine (the nasal mist stuff) and have some kind of immune system problem (which is a contraindication for the live virus vaccine), you didn't get the flu. The contents of an injected flu vaccine is as much a virus as the blackened pork ribs on your plate is a pig. It contains dead components of the virus suitable for provoking your immune system, but nothing more. That provocation can produce symptoms (e.g. fever), but it's not a flu infection.

2. The "natural antibodies" (which are exactly the same as the ones you would get from a vaccination, except maybe more numerous) won't help you when that strain goes away in a few years and is replaced by a different one. That's why you can get the flu more than once and why a new flu vaccine is developed every year.

- - - Updated - - -

Bringing back dangerous diseases is about as much "Darwinism" as randomly firing a machine gun into a crowded mall. It's a lousy fitness function.
    All that I know is I get sick when I get flu shots almost as bad as when I have the flu. I go 2-3 years without a flu normally, but when I get one it is bad however I don't get another one for a few years. I would rather get the flu every 2-3 years for a week than get sick every year with a flu shot. Everyone is different of course I am probably in a small % of people.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    All that I know is I get sick when I get flu shots almost as bad as when I have the flu. I go 2-3 years without a flu normally, but when I get one it is bad however I don't get another one for a few years. I would rather get the flu every 2-3 years for a week than get sick every year with a flu shot. Everyone is different of course I am probably in a small % of people.
    Would you rather infect 15 people, some of which might be elderly or have their immune systems compromised, every 2-3 years, or infect 0 people every year?

Best and most concise summarization of the whole topic in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Would you rather infect 15 people, some of which might be elderly or have their immune systems compromised, every 2-3 years, or infect 0 people every year?
    I don't go out that often so I don't think it matters that much.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Right so you'll ignore science because you just happen to know? Ok then.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Right so you'll ignore science because you just happen to know? Ok then.
    I am not ignoring it, I just know I get sick when I used to get them lol. Maybe I was allergic to it I am not sure.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

I am not ignoring it, I just know I get sick when I used to get them lol. Maybe I was allergic to it I am not sure.
    Could have been a natural response of your immune system doing what it was being trained to do.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Could have been a natural response of your immune system doing what it was being trained to do.
    That is true, I am not against any of it I just hate being sick period.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Because the anti-vaccination movement is based on no evidence and is killing children.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The first symptoms can be detected in the womb.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056...featured_home&
    That doesn't say anything about detection in the womb. "We assayed markers for neurons and glia... from postmortem samples obtained from children with autism and unaffected children between the ages of 2 and 15 years.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    That doesn't say anything about detection in the womb. "We assayed markers for neurons and glia... from postmortem samples obtained from children with autism and unaffected children between the ages of 2 and 15 years.
    Share:
    Background

Autism involves early brain overgrowth and dysfunction, which is most strongly evident in the prefrontal cortex. As assessed on pathological analysis, an excess of neurons in the prefrontal cortex among children with autism signals a disturbance in prenatal development and may be concomitant with abnormal cell type and laminar development.

Sorry, not detection in the womb, but they detected that the changes OCCUR in the womb. So nothing post birth causes autism. Sorry if I was reading quickly.

Edit: I may have even linked a different study than the one I read earlier. I'll see if I can find the one I'm thinking about.

Looking for more, looks like there is currently just a test that can indicate a higher than normal propensity for future autism, not 100% testing. Point still stands, autism starts in the womb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Best and most concise summarization of the whole topic in my opinion.
    I'm so glad you didn't read this thread so you linked the same video as one linked earlier in the thread.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2014-06-03 at 05:58 PM.

Autism is genetic, they just haven't pinpointed what genes cause it. They have a good idea though.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    because people think what is on the internet is always true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Looking for more, looks like there is currently just a test that can indicate a higher than normal propensity for future autism, not 100% testing. Point still stands, autism starts in the womb.
    From the literature I've glanced over, it appears you're right. It's from early brain development, and may have genetic links. I don't see that they've ruled out environmental factors (such as the mother's diet, medications she might be taking, or toxins), but it seems almost certain that it develops before anyone gets vaccinated.

Interesting.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.