Vengeance Cap for Bears?

Okay, I don't know about other classes, I know it is supposed to be the same across the board, and I looked around and found that in 5.4, They were supposed to cap Vengeance at 30% of health in ten mans.

My question is, how accurate is this? Also, are there any bugs associated with this (Tool tip bugs specifically, I know on my demo warlock, it still tells me Fel Flame will generate 34,000 some odd Demonic Fury XD)

The reason I ask, is because when I tank Heroic Garrosh, I take every single one of his annihilate's to the face and come out of that phase with my tooltip for vengeance reading 700,000+

Fully buffed, I have like 1.1m health. So this is obviously more than 30% of my health for our ten man heroic group. I was thinking it might be a tool tip bug, but my damage on garrosh jumps up significantly after wards and my Frenzied Regen tooltip reads 1.1m+ for 60 rage.

So what's up with that? The Death Knight I tank with is like "oh yeah I'm vengeance capped after like 4 stacks." but unless I get to ten stacks or start taking Annihilates to the face, I never get that high and it seemingly has no cap, It's always going up, based on what tool tips say.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

I think they dropped the hard cap at some point before 5.4 and instead put it on a gliding average. Annihilate might get you to absurd numbers, but you'll notice them quickly dropping back down once the intermission ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    So what's up with that? The Death Knight I tank with is like "oh yeah I'm vengeance capped after like 4 stacks."
    no he's not. i tank heroic 25 garrosh on my dk and you do not get vengeance capped at 4 stacks. i'm not sure if there still is a cap but i've seen some pretty high numbers. around 700k is accurate for soaking all the annihilates. i think the only way to get higher than that would be solo soaking blood rage on malkorok. either way the cap is pretty high if there is one and that DK is NOT vengeance capping off 4 stacks of a boss debuff.
    Last edited by Lessthanzer0; 2014-05-30 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think they dropped the hard cap at some point before 5.4 and instead put it on a gliding average. Annihilate might get you to absurd numbers, but you'll notice them quickly dropping back down once the intermission ends.

Yeah it goes up to 750k~ during the intermission and then promptly falls back down to 500k and continues falling right after that. Sadly ;_;
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Veng = Damage taken over last 5 sec. Mitigation obviously has no factor in how much veng you get, armor, cds, etc don't change the amount you will get. What will change it is % dmg taken debuffs on you which obviously makes you take harder unmitigated hits.

So you soak all annihilates then get hit by boss. Obviously he hits weaker than the annihilates did which is why it drops pretty fast after 5-10 sec because most of the high veng you had is gone due to taking damage taken over last 5 sec.

As stated above veng has never had a cap except your Max HP(the 30% and 50% never passed 1 weeks on PTR so no it didn't exist ever) which is why in veng capping scenarios Stam is a DPS increase, but since its basically impossible to veng cap this tier except maybe solo tanking 65 stacks on Malk it doesn't matter. Also, resto shamans = more veng cap in capping situations.

Outside when I solo tanked the first 65 stacks on Malk on 10H on my pally I have never capped veng before this tier. Though Thok on 10H I hit around 920k veng just before he phases to the first kite phase because of 8 stacks of debuff.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2014-05-30 at 11:11 PM.

So the hard cap on veng IS actually health related? It's just 100% of health?

Also holy shit, 65 stacks on malk? Insane.

So how about this. What if the OT picks up Garrosh right after the phase ends? Will I keep that 750k ap for the full 20 seconds or will it fall off, but slower? (Obviously, they would probably not be able to hold threat against me long, but it might extend the duration of the damage boost)

I suppose an easier solution would be to just solo tank that phase.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

It will fall off, but faster, since you take less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It will fall off, but faster, since you take less damage.
    Eh, if the OT picks up Garrosh he won't take any damage and thus will retain the 750k for the full 20 seconds.

And to answer OPs question:
    They never implemented the 30% / 50% HP vengeance cap and instead went for several vengeance gain nerfs. Your vengeance is still capped at 100% of your maximum HP.
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2014-05-31 at 12:24 AM.

Edit: What I said was already stated, oop :P