Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

afflic vs destro

if geared say 580+ does affliction go past destro on most fights ? or is the fight lenght a bigger factor?

7+ Year Old Account
    I play mainly destro and afflic as my OS.
    From my experience, destro will out-dps affliction with the correct rotation

aff is miles ahead of destro at 580+. only expections are galakras, garrosh and paragons. siege is debatable if u have low mine dmg then destro might be better
    Last edited by yoloswagginz; 2014-06-03 at 06:00 PM.
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

Deleted
    is ktt hc better than the garrosh trinket (normal) for affliction?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yoloswagginz View Post
    aff is miles ahead of destro at 580+. only expections are galakras, garrosh and paragons. siege is debatable if u have low mine dmg then destro might be better
    there are more fights where destro is better than afflic than the ones you're mentioning tho, it is pretty much a coin toss which of the specs are better, destro tends to be the better spec in 10m where afflic tends to be better in 25m and the strategy you use will also make a big difference, overall its prolly closer to 60:40 in afflic's favor in 25m and 60:40 in favor of destro in 10m.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    is ktt hc better than the garrosh trinket (normal) for affliction?
    generally for afflic, any version of the garrosh trinket is better than any heroic trinket out there from what ive been told.

Miles on some fights but not necessarily on most fights, Affliction is padding incarnate if you can't pad well you won't afflic well, destro has much more controllable damage and isn't as cut off at the knees if their guild isn't pushing world level speed kills.

destro vs affliction = reliability vs volatility.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

how is aff padding incarnate? destro is much more dependent on aoe dmg and padding. how would destro be better in 10m? the only differences between 10 and 25 are that 25m has more adds which is actually better for destro and that there is more personal responsibility on mechanics. as u can see from the numbers aff is miles better besides the fights i mentioned. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/5#
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Miles on some fights but not necessarily on most fights, Affliction is padding incarnate if you can't pad well you won't afflic well, destro has much more controllable damage and isn't as cut off at the knees if their guild isn't pushing world level speed kills.
    think you care too much about your "propadders" rankings, affliction is better, and destro is the real padding spec lol, often dealing massive damage to loads of adds that really don't need to be aoe'd down fast and aren't really a threat but hey destro is there too look like it's doing the best dps.

Define padding? Only two examples I can think of is warlocks doing 800k+ on paragons, and using the yeti on Thok to extend dots (the latter may or may not be a DPS increase). Destruction can 'pad' the crap out of the Orgrimmar Faithfuls on Nazgrim, as well as the second set of Warbringers on Garrosh (who will eat the iron star in any case).

Really disagree with your notion that affliction requires padding to play well. It's been consistently beating Destruction on single target since long before everyone was 580+, even more so now.

- - - Updated - - -

how is aff padding incarnate? destro is much more dependent on aoe dmg and padding. how would destro be better in 10m? the only differences between 10 and 25 are that 25m has more adds which is actually better for destro and that there is more personal responsibility on mechanics. as u can see from the numbers aff is miles better besides the fights i mentioned. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/5#
    May not be that Destruction is worse in 10M per se, but Affliction generally performs better in 25M, adds come in greater numbers and live longer, which means there's more opportunity to extend DoTs with Soul Swap. This is a larger DPS gain when the adds aren't clumped up, in comparison, imo.
    Last edited by striderZA; 2014-06-04 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    .......May not be that Destruction is worse in 10M per se, but Affliction generally performs better in 25M, adds come in greater numbers and live longer, which means there's more opportunity to extend DoTs with Soul Swap. This is a larger DPS gain when the adds aren't clumped up, in comparison, imo.
    I would rather hit my nuts with a ball peen hammer then just press a single button for the majority of a fight playing ring around the rosy swapping dots to extend the time. How freaking boring.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    I would rather hit my nuts with a ball peen hammer then just press a single button for the majority of a fight playing ring around the rosy swapping dots to extend the time. How freaking boring.
    Yeah, Affliction is ridiculously boring atm.

affliction super boring.... dot dot dot dot dot run run run run run

Quote Originally Posted by themadynasty View Post
    affliction super boring.... dot dot dot dot dot run run run run run
    Welp, be prepared...because Aff. looks even more boring in WoD...although I'm glad snap shotting is gone.
    Soul Swap is an wicked mistress for sure - and has exacerbated the evils of snap shotting. After years of loving Affliction, I just can't play it because I hate it's current mind numbing game-play in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    Welp, be prepared...because Aff. looks even more boring in WoD...although I'm glad snap shotting is gone.
    Soul Swap is an wicked mistress for sure - and has exacerbated the evils of snap shotting. After years of loving Affliction, I just can't play it because I hate it's current mind numbing game-play in raids.
    Having trinkets that allow you to snapshot 30k intellect procs (when your character has ~29k intellect) is part of the problem.

If Affliction is all padding, then why does Affliction do better DPS than Destro on Iron Juggernaut?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    If Affliction is all padding, then why does Affliction do better DPS than Destro on Iron Juggernaut?
    Because dots keep ticking when the raid runs out of range to cheese siege mode.

Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    That is not padding and not every guild uses that strat.

I really hope you are trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    Thanks I fell out of my chair laughing.

Affliction is all about overall damage.
    Destro is about priority damage.

If you need the priority damage you'll probably want to play destro.
    If you need overall damage (and have good trinkets) you'll probably want to play affliction.

The way that destro's damage is delivered means that if the 2 specs were exactly even overall damage then destro would be the far, far more attractive option. It's a lot easier to suddenly redirect damage as destro especially if, for whatever reason, you aren't going to have access to a 10 stack agony.

It's the fact that affliction (dot specs in general actually) tends to be really good at overall damage on multiple targets, especially whilst ignoring a priority add in favour of spreading dots some more, that's earned it a reputation as a padding spec. Plus dotting up targets that don't need any damage on them whatsoever. I'm looking at you Paragons of the Klaxxi. (and Protectors of the Endless)