Question Highest dmg done by a Chaos bolt

A few days ago I saw a warlock chaos bolt a boss for 1.2M, I was wondering what is the highest number can a chaos bolt hit? (on a PVE boss)

Mine hits for around 3.2million. But I'm far from BIS.

They can get quite a bit larger that that.

http://sparkuggz.com/5-million-chaos-bolt-anyone1/
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

Highest I've done is about 1.2M but I've seen people do 5M.

God daaayum. And here I was impressed at my spammable lava bursts for hitting at 700k per hit (with proc's obvs). That's a drop in the ocean in comparison xD
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

I can't remember which boss it was, but I remember the number being 7.6 mill. But I'm sure I had all kinds of gimmicky buffs too, so I don't know what the real number was.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Warlock & Priest moderator
    <Amused to Death> - West #123, EU #90

My highest Chaos bolt that wasnt done with crazy damage modifiers ( so only procs+cds ) was like 3.1-3.2M
    When your enemies meet death , it is my face that shall greet them.
    [

The hardest Chaos Bolt I ever hit for was around 1.5 mill with cooldowns and 544 ilvl

I was questing out in Kun-Lai on an alt, and I grabbed a luckydo that granted: 200% increased critical damage + 100% increased critical strike chance.

I think with just that and no procs my chaos bolts would hit for 3 million. Dark Soul, potion, both trinks, 4 set bonus, could probably hit 7 million. (edit: also skull banner)

Sparkuggz could probably hit freaking 11 million with it.

3.95 mil the other night on Paragons.

Armory | EXODUS | Signature by Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by kai zayin View Post
    5,2million damage!!!
    I thought only arcane mages can do those number.

My highest chaos bolt was 2.2 mil with 549 ilvl and lucky procs in 25 man

I pulled 4.5 million on a boss in a random 5 man. That number shocked me honestly, no food buff/flask may or may not have been using a CD and only 563.

I believe that one is the highest I have seen so far.

He may also crit even higher when inside a raid with various other buffs, don't know. It's Sparkuggz so anything is possible for him
    Last edited by Nivena; 2014-05-31 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    I pulled 4.5 million on a boss in a random 5 man. That number shocked me honestly, no food buff/flask may or may not have been using a CD and only 563.
    Did you check your dmg increases/boss dmg taken increases based on the instance? Probably would have been less shocked.

Mechagnome
    Sparkuggz (warlock in Method) has a video up on youtube of a 5.28 mil chaosbolt.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak19uS33Mxc

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Beat me to it ^^
    Last edited by Chaosturn; 2014-06-01 at 02:59 AM.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Quote Originally Posted by kai zayin View Post

http://sparkuggz.com/5-million-chaos-bolt-anyone1/
    5 M Choas Bolt!!!! But Sparkuggz got BIS gear tho

In moderate gear (560-580 ilv) a Chaos Bolt of 2 million and upwards is quite normal with trinket procs.

It can get pretty high. On timeless Isle, for instance, with Chi-ji buff, 550ish warlocks can easily one-shot most mobs with Chaos Bolt.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by efwow View Post
    5 M Choas Bolt!!!! But Sparkuggz got BIS gear tho
    A lot of people have BiS gear. Sparkuggz isn't one of them (missing several HWF pieces). Most do not get Tricks, and the 10% from the pre-pull DS ---> gear swap no longer works.

He did have everything else up (potion, ember master, lightweave, jade spirit, PBoI, BBoY @ 10 stacks), however, with the exception of Blood Fury (orc racial, he is troll). So if you take 5.28 and divide by 1.166 (multiplicatve effect of Tricks + 4pc swap that doesn't work), you get 4.5 Million. And this won't happen every pull, mostly because getting Skull Banner/PBoI/BBoY all to line up is hard enough, much less also getting lightweave and Jade Spirit. In looking at a few recent bosses (my gear is very similar to his), 3.5 - 4.2 MM is quite common, but above that is pretty rare. basically you can get a lot of things to line up, but getting them ALL to line up is really really hard.

Add actual BiS in there and blood fury, and 4.7-4.8 is probably the real max anyone without friendly rogues will see in a raid. Remember however that there is an extra 15% dmg in the form of a DoT that doesn't show up in the big crit pop-up.