Deleted

Thinking about buying WoW

Hey guys

I haven't played WoW since TBC times and now i'm wondering about starting playing again.Reason why i am considering this is fact that i am looking for something to just have fun and relax after school/work etc.
    I am really in love with WoW universum,but the thing is that is it possible to play it casually ( about 15 hours per week ) now?
    What is more, I am not a big fan of PvE,because i always prefered PvP much more (it was always giving me much fun) so i guess that most of my playtime would be spent on PvP.

So is it possible now to play WoW (mostly PvP) just for fun? And how much time it takes to get 1-90 lvl?

Casually? absolutely .

we are in a transition phase , for example the PvP will be totally different come the new expac more in line with tbc.

But obviously leveling a char up to 90 ( some weeks) and getting the latest honor pvp set (one week) will be a good head start for wod instead of just having a fresh 90 with greens.

The isle its a great spot for some ganking and wild pvp afterwards . But even though i subscribed here and there , mop isnt the best xpac , a decent 7/10 but depends on tastes

If you shop around you can get the Battlechest which includes everything up to Cata for peanuts the free month included should be enough to give you an idea whether it is worth it or not.

casual pvp is pretty fun atm, IMO higher end pvp is quite.. terrible with how out of control everything has gotten, and the entire scene being run by a couple comps. as far as 1-90 goes, a week or less.. if you have someone to recruit (If recruit is even available right now?) you can get 1-90 in less than a day played.

Play just for fun? Of course! There's a lot to do now, depending what you are into. Leveling doesn't take THAT long anymore, find yourself a level 25 guild for the exp buff and that'll help you go quick.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant you just buy WoD and get the other xpacs included plus a free 90?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemojimmy View Post
    Hey guys

I haven't played WoW since TBC times and now i'm wondering about starting playing again.Reason why i am considering this is fact that i am looking for something to just have fun and relax after school/work etc.
    I am really in love with WoW universum,but the thing is that is it possible to play it casually ( about 15 hours per week ) now?
    What is more, I am not a big fan of PvE,because i always prefered PvP much more (it was always giving me much fun) so i guess that most of my playtime would be spent on PvP.

So is it possible now to play WoW (mostly PvP) just for fun? And how much time it takes to get 1-90 lvl?
    The PvP this expansion was, bar none, one of the worst I've ever experienced. Hoping that WoD will fix that though. Though in a casual sense, it really won't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girandzim View Post
    The PvP this expansion was, bar none, one of the worst I've ever experienced. Hoping that WoD will fix that though. Though in a casual sense, it really won't matter.
    You could at least give some reasons why you think that way. Just claiming stuff isn't very helpful. I could have said that in Mop 'pvp was the best ever'.

To the OP: if you like pvp. Go for it. Levelling doesn't take that long, especially if you have heirlooms. And there is a catch up system for valor. So you have a high valor cap to get the best gear faster.
    Wow pvp will never be balanced, nature of the beast or something.

Deleted
    Thank you for fast response !

But i have also another questions.

1.Do you think is it really worth to pay abonament if i am going to play it 'softcore' ?
    2.How is Paladin currently?

WoW is much more "casual" friendly now than it was in TBC and you don't need to spend as much time playing really. Leveling doesn't take as long and is a lot easier, gearing up is easier and PVP is very accessable. WoW is a great game now with a lot more to do than there was in TBC but the combat has changed a lot, classes are a lot more complex and have many more abilities, utility, survival and CC.

I think you can have fun with PVP in WoW, if you want to level up in PVP though it will take absolutely forever.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

No reason not to buy it, has been one of the biggest MMOs for so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    You could at least give some reasons why you think that way. Just claiming stuff isn't very helpful. I could have said that in Mop 'pvp was the best ever'.
    Are we talking about besides the overabundance of CC, burst and how some classes can still global you in a single CC? How about how utterly imbalanced some classes are, on both ends of the spectrum? I won't mention how PvP prior to level cap is even more of a joke than the stuff they call PvP at level cap. But, you know, it's hard to actually go to the WoW forums and look through the PvP forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for fast response !

But i have also another questions.

1.Do you think is it really worth to pay abonament if i am going to play it 'softcore' ?
    2.How is Paladin currently?
    Of course it is worth it, you can see all the content while playing casually thanks to raidfinder. MoP especially offers a lot of stuff which you can do solo and whenever you want. There is also the older content which you may have missed and is now mostly soloable.

Paladin is doing fine, one of the classes which won't see big changes come WoD (the next addon). That means blizzard is currently satisfied with the way the Paladin class plays.

Wowhead.com has extremely good guides for new boosted 90ies or returning players, showing them where to start and what you can do in the game.

Boosted 90s Essentials Guide: Gearing Up, Currencies, Legendary Questline, and More

personal opinion: I stayed away from PvP almost the entire addon, so much crowd control & burst, PvP for me was pretty much a disgrace. Switched completely to PvE, the raid are extremely good, Throne of Thunder & Siege of Orgrimmar are one of the best so far....and they are huge: 12 or more bosses in there.
    Last edited by Nivena; 2014-05-31 at 09:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are going to focus entirely on PVP, then I think that casual would be fine. If you care for exalting factions, earning rewards and all that fancy stuff (and you have a mighty patience), then this expansion will certainly take away a lot of your life. I quit for the first year of the expansion, came back, and there was just so much stuff placed into the game since that time, I can't even imagine how much a complete newcomer to the expansion would have to do.

Personally, I would recommend giving PVE at least a bit of a try, run some LFR's (if you can put up with the chance of a real crappy group here and there), check out the Timeless Isles, etcetera. Though honestly, PVE will give you a lot more to do in this expansion, and as a casual newcomer to MoP, I think you may survive fine until the next expansion hits, unless you become a full time WoW player or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post

unless you become a full time WoW player or something.
    I want to avoid that ^ ^.I mean that i like playing video games but every time i spend a lot of my time on playing games i always get feeling of having my time wasted.

Btw. Is is possible to make Holy Paladin similiar to Shockadin from TBC? Cause i don't want to focus only on healing.I always prefered more aggresive playstyle and healing was only addon.I know that there is also a retribution paladin but i heard that it is not good spec right now.

is it possible to play it casually ( about 15 hours per week ) now?
    I'm in a two-day raiding guild that raids 5-6 hours a week and we have cleared Siege of Orgrimmar on normal. The game is very casual-friendly.

its totally possible to play casually, I am on an off, atm i haven't played for a few months but ill probably resub in a week or 2 and just do some flex with my alts, i'm not too bothered by normal end game, but ill try and get into some pugs.

it really depends on what you want from your casual time, if you want to get the best stuff for your chars you might struggle to meet the requirements of high end raiding guilds but for the most part if your just happy to try, flex raiding seems to have really reinvigorated the pug scene. its not too easy and not too hard, the wings are split up just like LFR so your not always dedicating yourself to full clears.

pvp has always been casual friendly, the cap on conquest only gets higher so, you can simply grind it out whenever you get chance.

all the other aspects of wow are also casually inclined so you wouldn't have any problems there, like leveling alts and farming achievements.

every class and spec is pretty good now, depending on what you wanna do.

paladin is really good imo, lots of people enjoy it and if you are casual you have more things to do than ever.

Now is a pretty good time to level up new characters and get back into the game.

Right at the moment they're having some sort of DDoS attack I think, so you may have a hard time connecting.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Obviously, on a WoW forum you're going to get a lot of people telling you to go ahead and buy it - but, let me be the voice to discourage you from it.
    It's a lot of money, with a monthly fee included. Especially if you only plan to play a few hours a week, there's a ton of games "out there" in the wild that would be a better spending of your coins.

Just look around a bit before deciding.
    And do the math.