Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How is the questing? is there alot off public events like GW2 and Rift or more like wow questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Well not really a good reflection seeing as 250,000 of those views were one streamer being viewbotted but it has been holding a steady 30,000 views mostly in Towelliee and Kungen's streams :-)
    Kungen is on Wildstar? Oh god What server?

I am personally done with super grindy/hardcore MMO. You know I used to grind like a madman back when I played Ragnarok Online. I mean Wildstar is nothing if it wanna competes hardcoreness with old Korean MMOs. I am all for challenging content like HC raiding but super grindy is not for me anymore.

Make up your own mind. Ask a friend to play the game if they have it and see what you think.

I personally don't like the combat. Feels clunky to me, but that's just my opinion.

OP, don't listen to anyone that either endorses the game or bashes it. The one simple truth about MMOs is that they ae impossible to judge unless played sufficiently enouhg to experience all of the content. Seeing as leveling takes approximately 5-10 days with raid completion occuring within the first 1-2 months for a decent player, an accurate review of an MMO cannot be conducted for at least 1-2 months after launch. People who spend 40 minutes in the starting zones enjoying or hating the game tend to extrapolate that feeling across the entire scope of said game, which is fallacious in nature.

I've been watching about 5 hours of Toellie's stream atm and I can say that so far, the game isn't particularly unique. However, I have yet to see any end game content which is the essence of MMORPGS so I will reserve judgement until I see exactly how raiding work.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    It's already to late for wow.

Be as mad as you want.

http://imageshack.com/a/img845/8636/8f3d.png
    Yeah becouse the placement on Twitch says so much about a game, every streamer willl stream the new games that comes out becouse that is where most viewers will be, in other words the place they have biggest chance to earn money.

And if we go by your logic Wildstar most be dying already since both Dota2 and LoL have passed it now so they already lost 2 spots.

Probably going to need 1 or 2 month before you can tell either way.
    Last edited by Sj; 2014-05-31 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    OP, don't listen to anyone that either endorses the game or bashes it. The one simple truth about MMOs is that they ae impossible to judge unless played sufficiently enouhg to experience all of the content. Seeing as leveling takes approximately 5-10 days with raid completion occuring within the first 1-2 months for a decent player, an accurate review of an MMO cannot be conducted for at least 1-2 months after launch. People who spend 40 minutes in the starting zones enjoying or hating the game tend to extrapolate that feeling across the entire scope of said game, which is fallacious in nature.

I've been watching about 5 hours of Toellie's stream atm and I can say that so far, the game isn't particularly unique. However, I have yet to see any end game content which is the essence of MMORPGS so I will reserve judgement until I see exactly how raiding work.

Get out... You're not allowed to logic in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    Nothing we say can really help as its up to ones opinion of a mmo .
    That's why I said as unbiased as possible as having a fanboygasm doesn't help anyone (see Iseeyou's post history).

Deleted
    It is, the dungeons are so much fun, can't wait for raids and warplots.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah becouse the placement on Twitch says so much about a game, every streamer willl stream the new games that comes out becouse that is where most viewers will be, in other words the place they have biggest chance to earn money.
    Y and a stream was botted, he got 250k extra views
    - He who moves first always wins -

Be as mad as you want.

[IMG]-snip-
    Aww don't wowwy you Let's see in about 3 to 6 months how it fares, at the moment tho about 25K people are watching Wildstar, that is excluding Kungen since he is streaming Hreathstone under Wildstar. But, it is very encouraging that you took that much pride from the amazing Kingkongor_booger_boost which was 100% legitimate Wildstar stream.

I do want to try it, but can't until Tuesday. I will give it more than a 3 level window to tell me if I like the game or not though
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I haven't bought and might not but I will issue this statement:

People! When talking about this game, please be as objective (as in how the game runs and such) and/or be as unbiased as possible (don't go full blown fanboy on this, it doesn't help anyone). Also don't be a heckler who can only say the game sucks and not give reasonable reasons why.
    Ok so I tried it and I don't like it. I couldn't get into it. The characters feel floaty and I just can't get into the combat... for some reason it feels wrong and unresponsive.
    I would play it because most of my friends will. They are aware/already tested of the fact that they won't stick with the game. It's just "something fresh" until WoD comes out. Even my friends that don't play WoW anymore said they won't be playing it for more than a couple of months.
    To each his own I guess but the game feels so out of place and clunky.

Ive played the beta and i have to say, no it is not worth it. They try to add their little levels of humor to the game, which i can only imagine people find funny if they also like to listen to nickelback. Other than that it felt like WoW with less buttons. I did like the graphics and the art is pretty awesome. PvP is much more fast paced and when someone blinded me my whole screen went burry and grey with only a 4in x 2in slit to see through, that was pretty neat

Deleted

Be as mad as you want.
    This guy lol

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    How is the questing? is there alot off public events like GW2 and Rift or more like wow questing.
    Quests like those in WoW, occasionally some group quest, but otherwise nice connected experience through the entire zone.

Deleted
    Its much better version of WoW, so if you used to like WoW you will love Wildstar.

-snip-

I get it that you hate WoW and you don't know how to use thumbnails and hyperlinks but:

"Twitch Bot Detector @BotDetectorBot · 51m
    http://twitch.tv/kingkongor (WildStar) almost definitely has a false-viewer bot (~26146 extra viewers of 28780 total) #kingkongor"
    "Twitch Bot Detector @BotDetectorBot · 4h
    http://twitch.tv/if_it_fitzgaming … (WildStar) almost definitely has a false-viewer bot (~261 extra viewers of 273 total) #if_it_fitzgaming"
    "Twitch Bot Detector @BotDetectorBot · 4h
    http://twitch.tv/themooseclub (WildStar) might have a false-viewer bot (~559 extra viewers of 714 total) #themooseclub"
    "Twitch Bot Detector @BotDetectorBot · 5h
    http://twitch.tv/galextresia (WildStar) almost definitely has a false-viewer bot (~488 extra viewers of 560 total) #galextresia"
    "Twitch Bot Detector @BotDetectorBot · 7h
    http://twitch.tv/nachba (WildStar) almost definitely has a false-viewer bot (~763 extra viewers of 795 total) #nachba"

You get the idea. https://twitter.com/BotDetectorBot

Deleted
    Seriously, just wait until the hype dies down, people have managed to experience the full game, and then start asking. I remember a ton of people recommending SWTOR a day after it's launch, that quickly backfired on them too as it went F2P so quickly.

All in all though, game doesn't look like it provides much. It'll have a decent following until WoD is released. This is expected, WS is aimed at hardcore players, so they will have mostly cleared SoO anyway, so it's a nice break, but it won't survive the WoD launch, quickly dropping in subs overnight.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2014-05-31 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Its much better version of WoW, so if you used to like WoW you will love Wildstar.
    Agreed 100%. Play Wildstar unless you like sitting around in Vale and raiding SoO for the 9th month in a row.