Resto shaman vs holy paladin

I'm having trouble deciding between these two. Both seem to be great healers and have their strength and weaknesses. I have more experience with resto shaman but I know that holy paladins have far more utility and flexibility than shams.

One thing I like about shaman though is tidal waves. This puts my mind at ease knowing I can turret short casts that are powerful if someone is in dire need. But then there is paladins with their absorbs almost rivals disc priests.

Any input to help me decide much appreciated

Also I'm not really taking advice for the better healer in wod, just now.

It really does depend what you consider "utility". Having played every healer but mistweaver in atleast a full normal mode setting, I'd probably say Resto shaman is the healer that has the most "utility" in terms of aiding the raid. Sure, holy paladins has double-sac to help tank healing, BOP and Divine shield, but that's about it. All single target, minor utility benefits. Resto shamans? They have shit out the wazoo:

-So many raid cds it makes me puke (AG, Ascendance, HTT, Spirit link).
    -Ability to cast on the move (spiritwalkers grace, heavy CD but still).
    -Raidwide freedom (Windwalk totem).
    -AOE stun (Capa totem).
    -AOE slow (Earthbind totem).
    -Fear break (Tremor totem).

Not to mention a ranged interrupt, and an offensive magic dispell. If you can utilise the toolbox correctly, there's no real reason to go for a holy paladin over a resto shaman. You mention absorbs, but remember that resto shamans add up to 10% hp to every player they heal - essentially giving them a permanent shield for 10% of their HP.
    I'd be interested in hearing what you seem to think paladins have, utility / flexibility wise, that makes you think they have a lot more of it than shamans.

Thats why I want to play shaman as well.

If right now and doing 10s, definitely go with the shaman. HoS (s), devo, BoP (s), purity, LoH, divine shield are extremely good and the good number of throughput cooldowns are still very strong for paladins. BUT this whole tier is about using a raid-wide cooldown for some massive damage spike when the raid is almost entirely stacked. And shamans (if spec'd right but only done for a few fights), bring basically the strongest 4 healing cooldowns in the game when stacked up. Thus, a shaman is going to have a way easier time getting into groups for those types of situations. Probably true in 25s too but I don't do them. There are a few fights / situations this tier I wish I had a paladin, but only a few. Literally 12-13/14 fights, I would rather be on the shaman. Oh and if doing 10s, don't forget healing surge.

Lol what, shamans have way more utility than holy paladins, in pve and pvp, and theyre way better healers in pve and pvp than holy paladins

Shaman are strong than holy paladin without even trying too hard. They're also pretty fun to play.