10+ Year Old Account

Suggestion about the alpha raid utility (Movement speed)

Hey, as most of you may know, the current raid ability that is planned to be given to monks will be a 10% movement speed for everyone within 10 yards (could be wrong but that's what I remember).
    Personally, I dislike the idea since, as a lot of you said, it makes you feel like you have to stay in range and not use your movement abilities to provide the buff.

So I came up with an idea (maybe blizzard already thought of this but we don't know) that would still provide the buff but allow us to move more freely. What if the buff was that lasts 10-15 (whatever number would be balanced) once you become out of range from the monk.

Example: Melee is stacked and everyone has the speed buff. Suddenly, melee has to shift to a different place if the room, the monk does his flying serpent kick because he's cool and all those lagging behind (everyone else really) were provided a 10 second movement speed buff.

This way, we still provide it to melee, without having to nullify all the cool movement skills monks have which are super iconic, imo.

Please feel free to give your feedback.

*I haven't read too much on the forums so maybe it has already been suggested*

They could just make the radius not something stupidly small like 30 or 40 yards and it would be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    They could just make the radius not something stupidly small like 30 or 40 yards and it would be fine.
    Definitely but for some reason, I think Blizzard will end up being too "conservative" about it (to the point of making monks not use cool moves), which is why I kept their original numbers.

We discussed this issue in another thread a while back. My suggestion was to have it have an activated effect like stampeding roar, and while it was on CD, you would lose the 10 yard aura.

Imo replace/buff momentum to whenever you roll you give off a 25% stampeding roar effect that can stack like the current version of the talent. Maybe toss Fsk on there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    Imo replace/buff momentum to whenever you roll you give off a 25% stampeding roar effect that can stack like the current version of the talent. Maybe toss Fsk on there too.
    Unexpected speed boosts can be a bad thing as well and can cause people to overshoot things.