Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    The Alliance are the good guys

The Horde are the bad guys

Quote Originally Posted by Kazefiend View Post
    The Argent Tourney was actually really fun. Ditto for ToC x2

The way they had wrath raiding was absolutely perfect and changing it fucked everything up.
    Yes. THIS.

I want attunements back.
    I think ICC is the best raid in the game.
    I don't care if flying mounts aren't useable until whatever patch in WoD - heh, I wouldn't care if WoD ended up having no flying at all.
    I LIKED having to go to the class trainer for new abilities and to train ranks of said abilities.
    I think Varian Wrynn has a better background story by FAR than Thrall despite both backgrounds being very similar in many elements.
    I miss having to round up people for dungeons and raids. LFR is awful.
    I wish it took longer to get from levels 1 - 60. It's too fast now.
    I miss all of the old quests in the old zones. The new ones implemented in Cata are really crappy and boring.
    Arthas/Scourge best villain in WoW; WotLK had a real urgency to its storyline that the other expansions have not.
    ... I miss the original Western and Eastern Plaguelands. THERE, I SAID IT!
    I want pre-Cata Warlocks back.
    I had fun doing "School of Hard Knocks" and am glad it is necessary for the "What a Long Strange Trip" achieve.
    I play both sides, and Horde is the whiniest by far.
    I hate that Worgen and Goblins can be DKs in WoD.
    I like panda NPCs in Pandaria but hate that they are a playable race.
    I only play Belves when I'm Horde-side.
    I miss class quests.
    I hate that Hit and Expertise will be gone in WoD.

There are plenty more too...

10+ Year Old Account
    The game has been doing very poorly since Cataclysm.

Oh wait that's fact. Still seems to be unpopular tho.

I miss attunements although I guess they would be annoying to have to do them on more than one character.
    I liked having reagents - arcane powders, symbol of kings, etc. I also missed going to a class trainer every few levels to learn new abilities.
    I wish LFR and LFD did not exist - they take away from the social aspect of the game. I miss having to actually go to the dungeon location in the game.
    I enjoyed Warrior talents from TBC, specifically the weapon specializations - mace, sword, and I think axe
    Professions used to be more fun. Blacksmithing was more fun in TBC. I remember crafting Thunder I think it was called.
    Many (most) classes now have too many buttons, but I guess that is getting somewhat resolved in WoD.
    I enjoyed MoP, but burned out on dailies fairly quickly.
    I dislike Bind on Account items and I agree with others that have said early leveling is too fast.
    The island where Sunwell is (I forget what it is called) was one of my favorite parts of the game. Even though I'm not a fan of dailies, I liked them and that area.
    I dislike having 2 versions of Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch. The originals are better in my opinion.
    I enjoyed queueing up for a battleground against the enemy faction from my own server. It created fun rivalries.
    Last edited by ANGRY 400 LBER; 2014-08-09 at 01:43 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Wow needs to focus less on raiding content. <=== Pretty much my unpopular opinion.
    Unpopular, perhaps...but not unique

Personally, halving the raid size but adding another dungeon or two, adding an Adventure mode whereby a player or 5 man group can enter the raid itself for secondary/alternate objectives, adding a new BG, adding a new zone such as IoT or TI and/or updating and improving old content or advancing old storylines to compensate would be worth doing.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    The game has been doing very poorly since Cataclysm.

Oh wait that's fact. Still seems to be unpopular tho.
    Compared to?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mine: Cataclysm, strictly for 2 months (07.12.10 -> 07.02.11, release of 4.0.6) was the best time in WoW.
    Space magic.

Deleted
    WoW will become fun again when its at 1 mil subs.
    All the communities fuckwits and retards have moved on by then.

LFD-LFR-LFBG destroyed the world community.

Flying destroyed world activity.

Deleted
    Love all the mounts and pets in the cash shop, there should be more of them.

ToT sucked balls

I like wow.
    People sometimes complain about if you like a game just because you like a game and not because you have some agenda or reason for likeing it
    Saw a thread the other day saying something like "I have nothing to do in wow so Why do you guys still play it?"

Deleted
    DS was the best raid experience for me (played since vanilla).

Deleted
    Oh nice thread.

- LFR is not a bad invention. It's good for people who can't commit to a fix raid schedule to see the current raids. But...that's where LFR should end. No more loot in lfr, let the guys enjoy the bosses, the lore, the mechanics and be done with it.

- More lore-focus! The 1st-time you must not skip a quest-text, not simply click accept and then watch the Map where to go and just read 5 words on the mini-tool-tip what do to. Read the whole text, learn why you have to kill these 10 Orcs (or whatever) and see what's the impact of your doing. Warcraft is a fascinating universe with a lot of story to tell. I hate it, when people ask at the Paragons of the Klaxxi encounter what these guys do in Orgrimmar and who they are....Hell that expansion is 1,5 year old...

- Scrap that whole world-PvP thing. It's done, it's outdated. World PvP was great in classic when you went to Tarrens Mill with the will to actually PvP and you knew all the other guys here just want the same thing. It was great. But many years have passed. Today it's no more PvP it's PvZ (Player versus Zerg of other Players) or PvL (Player versus lowies) which is just boring, dumb and frustrating. Still Warcraft is a realm of war. Let them have their PvP in battlegrounds and have them their Horde vs. Alliance there.

- Bring back raid attunements. Set up quests and challenges that lead to that raid. Only people who completed all these tasks where allowed to enter. It was great to finally be allowed to enter black temple. It felt like to accomplish something even before downing the 1st boss. And to keep it easier for guilds to recruit just let the final boss of the raid drop an item which makes one player get the raid attunement.

- T9 was good. The whole tournament fit very good in the "attack on ICC"-theme. They gathered heroes from Alliance and Horde to test them against some of the viscious creatures from Northrend before they sent them against the ICC. It made sense. The only problem was that it came right after the great Ulduar-raid.

- Cataclysm wasn't a bad expansion. Of course it is the worst expansion, but it had it's peaks: Great difficulty of the 5man-instances in the beginning, Firelands(!), the revamp of Azeroth which gave us some of the best quests ever, Vashj'ir which was simply wonderful...

- Pandas belong to the WoW-Universe! Since the old Warcraft-series they have their Place in this world. And so fits MoP, it's not a filler expansion.

- The legendary questline in MoP was a very good idea, but the implementation was kinda bad. To build your own legendary during the whole expansion is great, seeing your own progress: perfect! But doing this mostly via collecting stones, points....whatever is boring. And it shouldn't be possible in todays LFR or flex. It's a legendary after all. So it's a welfare-legendary....

- Stop homogenization! I'm perfectly fine that not every class can do everything. Bring back the old diversyfication: Tank A is great against hardhitter, tank B great against magic-boss, Tank C perfect against dual-wielding bosses, dps A is great at AOE'ing, dps B brings good burst, healer A is the best tank-healer, healer B can top the raid real quick and so on. Do your balancing via the Bosses over the course of 1 raid. Class A may be bad at bosses 2,6 and 10 but it kicks ass at bosses 1,5,7 and 9. Make everyone valuable during the raidtier, they don't need to be all perfect fine for every boss of a 14 boss raid-tier....

- Don't obliterate old raid-content, I don't want everyone to raid in the same raid-tier at the same time. I liked the way raiding worked during Vanilla and BC. Some guilds were raiding MC, some BWL and some AQ/Naxx. I want that back! I played WoW for so long and during some periods I was playing a lot and was at the peak of raiding and in other periods I played hardly more thant 1 night/week and was just raiding older stuff. But it was fine to have something you can walk towards to, to have something you can still achieve. I don't want everything for free and easy to achieve, it just feels wrong. I know this point conflicts with my first point, but since this point won't ever come back they should at least put LFR in the right place.

- I think it's good that Blizz won't rush new content too fast. I couldn't stand a new instance/questhub/content/pvp-season every 3-4 months.

- I like dailys. It gives you something to do with your character. I like to see the progress I do with my dailys especially with phasing. It creates the illusion that your work really pays off.

- Delete the /spit emote, or ban everyone who uses it for a month or so.

That should be the most important for me I know, I'm not the usual wow-gamer^^
    Last edited by mmocf15bab0957; 2014-08-10 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike all racial leaders and most other major lore characters.

Deleted
    i think TBC was a terrible expansion, if it wasn't for the Dragon soul raid alone, i would rate TBC the worst expansion.

Have at least 1 server for each expansion and have everything exactly like it was back then.

I also think 40 man raids had their place.
    Last edited by TheValkyrie; 2014-08-10 at 12:25 PM.

LFR should have never been put in.
    Multiple difficulties of the same raid should have never been put in.
    Multiples sizes should have never been put in.
    Attunements should have stayed in the game.
    There needs to be something to do after raiding for the truly hardcore to do that actually offers character advancement.

Speaking purely from personal experience, my unpopular opinion is that alliance is the more mature faction.

I love the horde, I love their races, I love their lore, and after years of playing alliance (because that is the faction my friends chose to roll in vanilla) I finally decided to reroll horde. Since then I've absolutely adored the leveling and questing experience but am absolutely appalled by the people I've met.

I've been constantly bombarded with obnoxious stoner culture, detailed alternate lifestyle sex lives, and overall immaturity. I'm not an intolerant person and I like to be open-minded and accepting but some things I just feel shouldn't be shoved in my face. Let me make myself clear when I say I am pro LGBT, but the substances you put in your body and the activities you do in the bedroom should be private. Don't be ashamed of them and I won't judge you for it, but I got so sick of seeing "brb packing another bowl lol sooo high atm" etc. The whole entire time I just thought to myself "I'm too old for this crap" and I'm not even that old!

I never had any of these experiences on alliance side at all. Not a single time. I want to enjoy the horde because I think hands down it is the higher quality, more relevant questing and lore experience but I find it hard to deal with.

If anyone knows of any US PVE west coast horde servers where they haven't experienced this, please let me know! (feel free to PM me to keep this thread on topic) Else I am heavily considering returning to alliance which is a faction I found a lot more dull :P

Deleted
    I enjoyed the mists expan, changes and lore were great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally feel that the biggest reason that they've decided to make flight inaccessible for the first patch of the expansion is to finally have something in their arsenal to refer to when people start on these pointless "Flying killed immersion" or "flying killed wpvp" claims.

They've just finally said "Fuck it, we'll show them." When the patch finishes after causing overwhelming outcry from the community demanding to have flight returned, they'll enable flight and go "Well guys, I we didn't document any more wpvp than usual and there's been a drastic amount of negative feed back for the forced use of ground mounts in general, so I guess Flying didn't ruin a damn thing."
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.