Fastest Way to Farm JP?

I was thinking of forming a team of 85 characters to farm the Cata heroics since they used to give out a huge surplus of JP. Is that still the case? If not, are there any alternatives to farming 90 dungeons? I can't be bothered with them.

Absolute fastest way is to grind heroics.

- - - Updated - - -

Or, alternatively, you could go nuts with PvP and convert your HP into JP.

120 JP per 90 heroic 5-man dungeon boss. Definitely your best bet.
    You can also convert honor, or do scenarios, but they're pretty terrible ways to get JP.

Remember, you don't have to do randoms. You get the same JP either way. I just pick what I want from the list, enter as tank, blow it up and get it done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Farming 90 heroics is 200% faster than any other form of JP farming. It's pretty much the only way.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting 5 guys that are geared to blow through heroics is much faster than scenarios. Converting honor is also terrible, because honor farming is much slower than JP farming. Much slower. It also is gimmicky because you only get decent honor if you win. Like 300-400 honor per bg per win, or near 900-1000 JP per heroic.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2014-06-01 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Farming 90 heroics is 200% faster than any other form of JP farming. It's pretty much the only way.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting 5 guys that are geared to blow through heroics is much faster than scenarios.
    This is so much. Every week, me and my buddies form together and cap our JP within two hours. We are by default PvPers, and this season we've been portaling into the dungeon with a minimum Ilevel of 522 (I think our Ilevel is 54? something). We blast through dungeons in minutes. I remember blasting straight through Gate of the Setting sun on Tuesday in 5 minutes. FIVE MINUTES! Five minutes for a hundred and a half JP. Do the math: 4000k cap divided by 150 (in addition to the JP yieled by doing the random dungeon through LFD, you get JP per boss too), X 5. That's two hours to reach cap. And they are easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I was thinking of forming a team of 85 characters to farm the Cata heroics since they used to give out a huge surplus of JP. Is that still the case? If not, are there any alternatives to farming 90 dungeons? I can't be bothered with them.
    Your average heroic takes about 10 minutes or even less with a well played (even moderately geared) discipline priest healing it.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dingobongo View Post
    120 JP per 90 heroic 5-man dungeon boss. Definitely your best bet.
    You can also convert honor, or do scenarios, but they're pretty terrible ways to get JP.

Remember, you don't have to do randoms. You get the same JP either way. I just pick what I want from the list, enter as tank, blow it up and get it done.
    That flew right over my head. I was smashing my head against the wall every time I saw Stormstout Brewery loading up. Thank you

hardest part is waiting for the RP in heroics, or simply running through it, mobs in the way are laughable, if only there was a way to teleport to the end of a dungeon with every mob in the instance on you, would be more fun than current 5mans.

my 575 DK can't clear shattered halls heroic in under 3 minutes as blood just pulling EVERYTHING , but in challenge mode it's cleared in under 3 minutes, mobility and tactics > 100 item levels, good balancing lol, oh and the vengeance hotfix, meaning a 463 brewmaster hits harder than a 575 blood dk....

lets hope 5mans are content again, and not just JP/VP time sinks. shattered halls, shadow labs, now that was content.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    hardest part is waiting for the RP in heroics, or simply running through it, mobs in the way are laughable, if only there was a way to teleport to the end of a dungeon with every mob in the instance on you, would be more fun than current 5mans.

my 575 DK can't clear shattered halls heroic in under 3 minutes as blood just pulling EVERYTHING , but in challenge mode it's cleared in under 3 minutes, mobility and tactics > 100 item levels, good balancing lol, oh and the vengeance hotfix, meaning a 463 brewmaster hits harder than a 575 blood dk....

lets hope 5mans are content again, and not just JP/VP time sinks. shattered halls, shadow labs, now that was content.
    Agreed. The reason why I hate farming 90 heroics is because I find MoP dungeons to be terrible. Too much RP and I just can't stand most of the aesthetics. I never feel "in the mood" when dungeoneering. Whereas whenever I hope into a good pre-MoP dungeon I'll feel right at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Agreed. The reason why I hate farming 90 heroics is because I find MoP dungeons to be terrible. Too much RP and I just can't stand most of the aesthetics. I never feel "in the mood" when dungeoneering. Whereas whenever I hope into a good pre-MoP dungeon I'll feel right at home.
    Stormstout Brewery, Nizuao Temple, and Gate of the Setting Sun all just annoy me more than anything else. Nizuao Temple particularly is the one instance I would block if given the choice. On the other hand, I really do like all of the remade instances for MoP. I also like Mogushan Palace (though it would be much better without that annoying elevator), Jade Serpent Temple and Shado-pan Monastary I could take or leave (though I really hate SPM trash a lot).

Actually now that I think about it, the thing that turns me off most to the newer instances is the trash setup. Stormstout has all of the annoying monkeys, then a big line of useless rabbits, then a handful of alementals. Nizuao Temple has that trash that everyone aggro dodges around, plus the boss that has waves of trash you have to deal with before you can fight him which is just annoying as hell. SPM has a lot of places where adds are just constantly coming in waves, which may have been interesting in ilvl 440 greens, but have been nothing but an annoyance since having any character with blue quality gear or better. And then there's the leadup to the last boss with the dumb bodies you have to click to get the trash to die. None of these things actually make the instance any more interesting or engaging, they're just an extra annoyance.

Heroics are the way to go.

I can cap withing 1.5-2 hrs.

WHich is amazing for Honor grinding since 2k honor every hour and a half is so much faster than trying to actually win BG's on my Alliance Battlegroup.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!