Disc Priest Proving Grounds Endless

Should I be gemming pure int like in cm's? or should I be gemming differently?

Int + Crit is how I did it. I had as little spirit as possible.

The crit isn't very good for throughput at this ilvl, but it adds some DPS and the socket bonuses at this ilvl are amazing. Basically I recycled my challenge mode set.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-06-01 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    Anyone doing proving grounds endless as disc should be reported to their general practitioner immediately for mental health watch.

Gem spirit till you're comfortably that you won't go oom. Mostly somewhere between 8-10k. After that stat priority is crit > mastery > haste. I prefer 2 mana regen trinkets like relic of chi-ji and empty fruit barrel. There's also int + spirit gems to be put into red, but if you got enough spirit go for int+crit. Mostly go for bonuses.

There's some people that have done endless with stacking int and not spirit (like the person above). But you can trust me that stacking spirit till 8-10k is the way to go.

There's some good guides on how2priest, if you're interested.

Deleted
    CM: haste+crit, discipline
    PG: spirit+mastery/spirit+crit, holy

Deleted
    I attempted it with my CM set which is crit and haste focused with less than or approximately 2k spirit when scaled down. This did not go well. I then switched to about 9k spirit, two regeneration trinkets - the Darkmoon Faire trinket is incredibly good for this - and unglyphed Penance. The sheer amount of mana made for a much easier time and on my attempt which breached 30 as Discipline I actually messed up and forgot to use Shadowfiend a couple of times on the correct waves so I was playing far from ideal.

Following getting this amount of spirit, I went for a stat priority of intellect and then approximately balanced crit and mastery. Ideally, you want to be using pieces with as many sockets as possible so going back and doing, for example, ToT to get the neck from Lei Shen, is well worth it. Definitely check out the how2priest guide for Discipline PGs. The analysis of the waves and how best to slot in regen is very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleze View Post
    Anyone doing proving grounds endless as disc should be reported to their general practitioner immediately for mental health watch.
    I gave it up and got my druid alt out. I'd recommend it even if you have to make a druid for it. It will probably be faster. (Much like leveling a dk with engineering in Wrath was faster to farm the eternals for frost resist). Druid alt that I don't play much had proven healer in a couple of hours.

Deleted
    Sure, you could do it on an alt and gain the achievement and title far quicker and less stress but you still wouldn't have done it as Discipline! Some people like the challenge, others like associating the accomplishment with a certain healer and others still will just be looking to grab the title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Sure, you could do it on an alt and gain the achievement and title far quicker and less stress but you still wouldn't have done it as Discipline! Some people like the challenge, others like associating the accomplishment with a certain healer and others still will just be looking to grab the title.
    Indeed. I made sure I got it on my priest first, though I did it as holy before attempting discipline. For disc I used pretty much the same gear as I used for holy: Int>Spirit>Crit=Mastery. To be honest as disc I found the management of waves properly more important than stats. It was simply having the mana to blow spirit shells at specific points.

The first priest that did it was Disc.

Proving grounds requires 30+ minutes with zero interruptions - ever. Plus whatever additions for learning wipes and RNG screwed wipes. There are way more exciting things in game and in life than wiping in the proving grounds hour after hour. I took my character best equipped to deal with it and did so.

It doesn't really matter. I've done 30+ waves with either full spirit (11.5k), or full crit with some int (7.5k spirit). Spirit allows for more mistakes or more panic so to say. If you know what you are doing crit will smooth the transitions though.

I got it on my disc priest. I went with twist of fate/mindbender/divine star. Little trick is I would grip one of the ranged npc's to melee then use divine star or if they were standing together but one ranged was not standing in line grip then divine star. I did get stuck for a while in the 20's. The biggest pain is RNG. Depending on the situation if two npc's got that debuff you had to dispel sometimes I would mass dispel. You need to learn the pulls and what pulls are worth stacking spirit shell shields. After a while it is somewhat predictable the damage but there is still some crazy random rng that at the higher waves would make an npc instantly drop and made me want to throw my mouse. I'm pretty sure you can also drink after wave waves 10 and 20. It's been a while since I did it.

As for gear I went my usual all crit setup but I think I had 2 spirit/regen trinkets. Pretty much pew pew the pulls and learn when to spirit shell. Keep your fingers crossed rng doesnt happen an an npc gets one shot. Abuse grip for easier aoe healing. Mass dispel if necessary to prevent massive bomb splash damage.

Honestly the title is pretty cool that you get. I think they should have included a mount or something with it so more people would push for it but that's juts me. The proven healer is not to bad to walk around with. Not that many healers have it and imo demonstrates more talent than it takes to get any raiding achievement. Proving grounds endless at least for disc was probably one of the more difficult things I have done in the game. Much more difficult that warlock green fire and much more difficult in terms of responsibility/skill vs killing any raid boss.

As for people just giving up and doing it on their druids from what I understand you can practically do it asleep on a druid. Hence why http://www.wowprogress.com/char_stat...ield.pg_healer is owned for the most part by druids.
    Last edited by avx81; 2014-06-08 at 10:36 AM.