What's the deal with Jax?

I used to be a huge Jax player. I came back to league a couple weeks back (and it's going well) but I've noticed Jax is banned almost EVERY SINGLE game, and I don't understand why since his toolkit and damage has not change AT ALL. When did people start realizing he was too much a threat to be let into a game? A while back, bans used to be (always) Amumu-Annie-Blitzcrank. Now I'm just left perplexed as to why people ban champs like Kayle, Jax & Leona when they have been unchanged and people have played them for a while just fine.

Curious, curious indeed...

Deleted
    He´s very easy to snowball and when he does he just gets out of control, especially with the current meta.

Feral Flare made people fear Jax again. Thats more or less it

Leona and Kayle have been changed btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Feral Flare made people fear Jax again. Thats more or less it

Leona and Kayle have been changed btw
    Nope. Though it didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    I used to be a huge Jax player. I came back to league a couple weeks back (and it's going well) but I've noticed Jax is banned almost EVERY SINGLE game, and I don't understand why since his toolkit and damage has not change AT ALL. When did people start realizing he was too much a threat to be let into a game? A while back, bans used to be (always) Amumu-Annie-Blitzcrank. Now I'm just left perplexed as to why people ban champs like Kayle, Jax & Leona when they have been unchanged and people have played them for a while just fine.

Curious, curious indeed...
    Just because a champion didn't change might not mean the rest of the game didn't.

1) Teleport changes help with Jax' early game, as it did for Ryze
    2) Jax can jungle decently (which means he's viable as top laner in 2v0 situations in LCS, which means he sees more screen time)
    3) Renekton got nerfed somewhat and most of the other lane bullies don't push out Jax hard enough

None of this was a direct change to Jax. But the world around him changed.

Feral Flare is actually a pretty big cause of the Jax bans. People started doing Feral Flare Jax, which also meant people got more Jax top lanes in there as well. Then, the Jax top lanes started stomping and people started banning him.

As for Leona, her W was changed to give her more tankiness and the support changes benefited her quite a bit, since she is a fairly gold starved support.

Kayle... well they don't understand how to balance Kayle. Burst Kayle 1 shotting 3 people? Take away her 1.0 AP ratio Q. Burst Kayle now only 2 shots 3 people, so job well done? Now, you've got the sustained AOE Kayle with the Runaans
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2014-06-01 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Kayle... well they don't understand how to balance Kayle. Burst Kayle 1 shotting 3 people? Take away her 1.0 AP ratio Q. Burst Kayle now only 2 shots 3 people, so job well done? Now, you've got the sustained AOE Kayle with the Runaans
    omg people have finally realized how good runaans is on kayle? I ddint even realize that. Now I can play that again without being reported every game.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen him banned for awhile, i often see (is certain person wants to be safe on top lane and he is first pick) Nasus, Rene, Ryze banned than Jax
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    omg people have finally realized how good runaans is on kayle? I ddint even realize that. Now I can play that again without being reported every game.
    So here's how the Runaan's Kayle progression happened.

A few soloqueue players worldwide figure out that Runaan's is very strong on Kayle. Months pass. Prominent Korean Kayle players start using this build. An EU mid laner pulls it out in the super week. NA soloqueue becomes overrun with it, forcing Kayle bans for the first time since the 1.0 ratio Q.

Jax's counterpicks were nerfed and his laning phase's weakness was always overexaggerated. He can lane extremely well against most meta top laners (Shyvana, Mundo, Trundle, occasional Malphite) while the one who kept him down the hardest (Renekton) received nerfs to his early game power.

This allows Jax essentially a free farm lane against most top lane options where he will rapidly outscale his opponent and become an unstoppable splitpushing/dueling monster that is also an amazing team fighter.

A few soloqueue players worldwide figure out that Runaan's is very strong on Kayle. Months pass. Prominent Korean Kayle players start using this build. An EU mid laner pulls it out in the super week. NA soloqueue becomes overrun with it, forcing Kayle bans for the first time since the 1.0 ratio Q.
    Yeah the missile bolts proc her passive, which is the main reason why it was used. It allowed Kayle to basically shred the resists of multiple people at once. The stats on it were just a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Its sad though. A normal person comes up with a an interesting build and is harassed, insulted and reported. A pro starts using it, suddenly everyone else is, it becomes a super awesome thing and the champion gets banned a lot.

Its sad though. A normal person comes up with a an interesting build and is harassed, insulted and reported. A pro starts using it, suddenly everyone else is, it becomes a super awesome thing and the champion gets banned a lot.
    You're ignoring the fact that when, where and against who matters. No offense but most "normal persons" are dumb fucks that shouldn't even be allowed to play.

Honestly you could build whatever if you were doing well with it. I dont think most people will care if they see you are owning. But if you are using what is considered as a troll build and arent doing shit, then yes you are going to get flamed and should expect to.

10+ Year Old Account
    When teleport becomes popular, Jax and Nasus eventually become popular again. It allows both to return to lane quickly to farm more and out scale their opponents. It also helps that the the game has changed in favor of both with Renekton seeing nerfs and tanky top lanes that can't kill you becoming popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Honestly you could build whatever if you were doing well with it. I dont think most people will care if they see you are owning. But if you are using what is considered as a troll build and arent doing shit, then yes you are going to get flamed and should expect to.
    I always did well with it. But would lose anyways from feeders and they blamed me for "trolling" even though my kda was positive. So i stopped using it.

Deleted
    Before Riven's nerfs I could handle Jax with her in early but now... I can't

Deleted
    Because he's an agile tanky durable Hypercarry who can fill tons of roles, does mixed damage and scales off of every stat in the game decently.

He needs a serious change as he is petty much perma OP.

imagine if he had a real weapon XD

anyways couple of things that made him ban worthy

1: league of late game , where if you have an insane wave clearer (ziggs) game can last very long time and jax scales insane into late game)

2: reduced cd on tp some what made his laning more forgiving than before
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!