Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Malaysian teenager gang-raped by 38 men

(Reuters) - Malaysian police have detained 13 men and are looking for other suspects following allegations that a 15-year-old girl was raped by 38 men in an abandoned hut, media said on Friday.

Astro Awani television and The Star daily reported that the assault took place in the northern state of Kelantan on May 20 when the girl met a girlfriend and was lured to an empty hut reported to be a local drug haunt.

The men took turns to rape her for hours. Police were also investigating whether her 17-year-old friend was also raped.

The alleged attack, one of several brutal cases this week underscoring the violence to which women are being subjected across Asia, sparked outrage among women's groups. Politicians from a Muslim party running the region said their proposal to introduce Islamic hudud law, with harsh penalties, would deter offenders.

State and federal police officers either declined comment or could not be immediately reached.

Media accounts, quoting information from district police chief Azham Otham, said 38 men were involved.

Several of those detained had tested positive for amphetamine, the reports said. The New Straits Times said a man and his two teenage sons were among those detained.

Police said action could have been taken had villagers reported the addicts’ presence.

"It is very disturbing to me that no one in the village was even suspicious when the closest neighbor was a mere 20 meters away," police chief Azham told The Star.

Almost 3,000 rapes were reported to the police in 2012, of which 52 percent involved girls aged 16 and below, according to police statistics.

Convicted rapists face up to 30 years in prison and whipping, but many on Internet sites wanted stricter punishment.

"We are seeing a prevalence in rape cases because boys are raised in an environment where they think it is okay to use violence," Suri Kempe of Sisters in Islam told Reuters.

Awareness of rape in Asia was heightened by the fatal gang rape of a physiotherapy student on an Indian bus in 2012.

Several grisly attacks on women took place this week.

In the Pakistan city of Lahore, a pregnant woman was bludgeoned to death by her family in front of a top court for marrying against the wishes of her parents.

And in India's Uttar Pradesh state, two teenage cousins from a low caste were gang-raped and then hanged from a tree.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0EA15K20140530

Just what the actual fuck , I read this and could not believe my eyes. 38 men.

From reading bits and pieces I'm gathering that they were addicts of some kind too.

Humanity, you never cease to make me hate you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    Convicted rapists face up to 30 years in prison and whipping, but many on Internet sites wanted stricter punishment.
    We need that too.

can I vote for the death sentence via sodomy with a bat?

Deleted
    Unless some of the Asian countries, especially Malaysa or India, start some SS/Judge Dread-like organisation which would hunt and execute all the shitty people their countries are filled with I see no hope for women there. Well, of course they should start the public education and increase the quality of living but that would take monstrous time now.

Too bad the progress will take a long time and I am afraid we will see many more victims like this.

Theres not many stories that make me just shake my head and speechless. This is one of them.

Just completely ridiculous...

Like a pack of hyenas or some shit..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    We need that too.
    Why?

Do you think it will prevent anything? If you think people are stopped by harsher punishments, there's more-than-enough peer reviewed evidence that it does jack shit to prevent crimes such as these.

All you want is revenge not justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Why?

Do you think it will prevent anything? If you think people are stopped by harsher punishments, there's more-than-enough peer reviewed evidence that it does jack shit to prevent crimes such as these.

justice is a weak form of revenge, and "justice" is in the eyes of the government.

Try and be a Goodie-Two Shoes and empathize with gang-rapist pedophiles all you want. They aren't human beings anymore, as human implies a higher level of intelligence and moral ground.

Kill them like animals.

Why?

There are times when Revenge and Justice overlap and are sometimes the same damn thing.

Maybe harsher punishments might not help statistically, it helps families of the victims find closure and eventual acceptance if the perpetrators were punished to a degree that victims' families were satisfied with. If I had a daughter that was raped like that, you're damned right I'd want each and every one of them to regret the day they ever decided to do such a thing.

How do you make them regret? Sticking them in prison? *rolls eyes* Whipping? That's closer, but once the pain is over, they're back to their usual worthless trash selves. No, we need something harsher.

Deleted
    Why?

We're too forgiving to animals.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need that too.
    Put them in a rocket and send them to the Sun.
    Putin khuliyo

We're too forgiving to animals.
    ^^
    This.

The article says some of them were amphetamine junkies. The world is better off without them, just kill them and be done with it. A few less junkies in the world helps everybody.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That would be too expensive man, but.. if we can do it for science, maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Waste all that money on garbage? Dig a hole, make them stand near the hole, stick a large spear through their chests and drive them into the holes, then bury them dead or otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    The article says some of them were amphetamine junkies. The world is better off without them, just kill them and be done with it. A few less junkies in the world helps everybody.
    Morals something, something. Ethics something. *Shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    MMO-C is the depressing retirement home of world of warcraft. This is where all the old and retired players come to die.

Are we honestly pretending like 30 years in prison on top of caning isn't massive punishment? Do you guys even know how torturous caning is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyara View Post
    Morales something, something. Ethics something. *Shrug*
    Where were their morals and ethics when they raped that girl?
    If you rape someone, or if you kill someone, you degrade yourself to an animal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyara View Post
    Morals something, something. Ethics something. *Shrug*
    Only applies to humans. Giving them "ethic" treatment is like letting a rabid dog into your home and treating him like a family pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Are we honestly pretending like 30 years in prison on top of caning isn't massive punishment? Do you guys even know how torturous caning is?
    30 years for a gangrape?

So they can be free again when they're sixty? No. They don't deserve to leave a prison cell ever again.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    "There people are bad and disgusting...LET'S KILL THEM!"
    Morality.