Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Worst Thing Blizzard Ever Did

I played WoW since the tail end of Vanilla. A little over 7 years. And you know the worst thing Blizzard ever did?

No, it wasn't LFR.
    It wasn't Cata.
    It wasn't Timeless Isle.
    It wasn't the plan to restrict flying in WoD.
    It wasn't even keeping Shadow Priests at the bottom of the pile for so long.

It was removing the global LFG channel.

I never understood its removal. Losing that was the greatest wound, and still hurts to this day. I can't go around doing other things -- quests, gathering mats, rare hunting, none of that -- to make use of my time while trying to find a group. Instead, I have to sit around doing nothing in a city and use Trade chat (which isn't even meant for the group finding purpose).

The return of the global LFG channel would be a great "new" (old) feature for WoD.

Have forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyce View Post
    I never understood its removal. Losing that was the greatest wound, and still hurts to this day. I can't go around doing other things -- quests, gathering mats, rare hunting, none of that -- to make use of my time while trying to find a group. Instead, I have to sit around doing nothing in a city and use Trade chat (which isn't even meant for the group finding purpose)
    I don't seem to see any issues on Feathermoon getting groups together for world boss tours even with people in all sorts of zones.

You can make it yourself, problem is getting others to join it.

Aren't they also adding some kinda revamped group finder in WoD?

Assuming anyone will use it, anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Void View Post
    Aren't they also adding some kinda revamped group finder in WoD?

Assuming anyone will use it, anyway.
    From what I know, it's supposed to be like the addon OQueue which a lot of people use. If it's like this (if not better) it should be a big hit. Which is great!

I don't know what they could have done to avoid this, but for me the biggest "thing" is making us (the adventurers) completely unbeatable so far.

We kicked ass in Vanilla
    We kicked ass in TBC
    We kicked ass in WotLK
    We kicked ass in Cata
    We kicked ass in MoP

Every possible enemy put before us was utterly defeated.

It kinda completely spoils the story/mood if our victory is absolutely guaranteed every time...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I don't know what they could have done to avoid this, but for me the biggest "thing" is making us (the adventurers) completely unbeatable so far.

We kicked ass in Vanilla
    We kicked ass in TBC
    We kicked ass in WotLK
    We kicked ass in Cata
    We kicked ass in MoP

It kinda completely spoils the story/mood if our victory is absolutely guaranteed every time...
    Unless the following expansion is a direct sequel to whatever current expansion is out, you kind of have to end the story I think? I mean, if we didn't take out Deathwing.. then what? We fight Deathwing's tentacles (lol) and at 2% he flips us off and flies away? I think that would have been even more unsatisfying than what actually happened. Not to mention a fight like DW, if we didn't defeat him.. uhhh the world would have ended.

But I get what you are saying though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

We kicked ass in Vanilla
    We kicked ass in TBC
    We kicked ass in WotLK
    We kicked ass in Cata
    We kicked ass in MoP

We're not and we haven't.

Nefarion survived until T11, and brought back his sister. Illidan is not dead; neither is Kel'Thuzad. Deathwing wasn't killed by us but rather the combined might of all of the Dragonflights and Garrosh survived to bring about WoD. We definitely have not won everything.

Deleted
    The in-game voice chat, i'm not sure what really happened or went wrong for them on that front but it sort of... just died.

As for something that i view as the worst, probably lack of troll druid updates, freaking vanilla model maaaaayn; Update dat shit.

The in-game voice chat, i'm not sure what really happened or went wrong for them on that front but it sort of... just died.
    The in-game voicechat was never alive. It was dead before it was released.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We're not and we haven't.

Nefarion survived until T11, and brought back his sister. Illidan is not dead; neither is Kel'Thuzad. Deathwing wasn't killed by us but rather the combined might of all of the Dragonflights and Garrosh survived to bring about WoD. We definitely have not won everything.
    Yet have we lost? Is there any chance for us to lose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove reforge in WoD...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    Yet have we lost? Is there any chance for us to lose?
    yes, the last expansion sargeras will win and destroy azeroth on the final day of WoW. Servers down, onto the next game!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I don't think I ever used the global LFG channel, when did they ax it? It sounds nice.

Whatever it is I think Cata was definitely the worst thing they did to WoW though. Basically the same idea as New Coke. I know thaht's not what this thread's about, but let's be real.

Deleted
    10=25 =New Lfr= New era of worse playerbase games has~

You´ve never really played while that channel was active, have you? That very channel was used for any kind of off topic spam, since it was the only global channel. It was ten timesworse than /2 today.

Quote Originally Posted by Boarwood View Post
    I don't think I ever used the global LFG channel, when did they ax it? It sounds nice.

Whatever it is I think Cata was definitely the worst thing they did to WoW though. Basically the same idea as New Coke. I know thaht's not what this thread's about, but let's be real.
    Can't recall if it was axed end of BC or in Wrath, but god it was awesome.

Literally trade chat everywhere, you could go and y'know, play the game, whilst searching for a raid group or arena team or something.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    PvP gear. It completely separated the player base.
    Originally you had to pve to get the best gear. Then you went to pvp ... just for the sheer fun of pvping. Ya know ... killing other players. It felt like less of a grind. You did it because it was fun.
    And all the issues of how to balance pve gear vs pvp gear. Should pve gear be good in pvp and vice versa.

They are finally taking steps in the right way. I wish they would go all the way and just make gear .. gear. There are ways(they are already implementing some of it in WoD) to make it so pvp can gear up the same way as pve.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You´ve never really played while that channel was active, have you? That very channel was used for any kind of off topic spam, since it was the only global channel. It was ten timesworse than /2 today.
    Sure, if you say so. Did you even play on a server like Blackrock Horde during peak years? BC/Wrath? /2 was so bad that people used spam addons for it, that's why Blizzard introduced their own anti-spam shit. That being said, that wasn't a bad thing, because people were actually around doing things.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.