Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue class is now useless. Needs to be changed.

I have been waiting for significant rogue changes for years and frankly find the class outdated and useless. I was thinking about this the other day and realized a lot of what the rogue does mimics what Pirates do. Seeing as pirates are quite present in the game, it would make a lot of sense to change the rogue into a new pirate class. Daggers, swords, smoke bombs, lockpicking, are all things the pirate uses as well. My point is though changing to a pirate class would be much more interesting given the pirate lore in the game as well as allowing the devs to finally give some unique abilities to the original rogue class. So you could have pirate themed abilities, more interesting armor, a unique mount only for the seas of WOW (similar to a paladins special mount) and don't forget your very own parrot!

What do you all think?

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 moved to rogue forums

I wouldn't say rogues are useless.

Stale? Sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this to the class forum for rogues. When making threads about specific classes, please use the appropriate forum. Thank you.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

i disagree saying they're useless. the fact that they're needed in almost every raid and in rbgs proves how vital they are. doesn't matter if you call the Rogue class: pirate, tactician, shadowstalker, vigilante, he'll always be a rogue just with a different title.

Rogues are fine, sure they need tweaks but that's about it. you want a class that's been stuck in the same position since the beginning of WoW, try Enhancement Shaman. we get a nice feature once in a blue moon. we're also not needed or desired for anything other then 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Srift View Post
    I have been waiting for significant rogue changes for years and frankly find the class outdated and useless. I was thinking about this the other day and realized a lot of what the rogue does mimics what Pirates do. Seeing as pirates are quite present in the game, it would make a lot of sense to change the rogue into a new pirate class. Daggers, swords, smoke bombs, lockpicking, are all things the pirate uses as well. My point is though changing to a pirate class would be much more interesting given the pirate lore in the game as well as allowing the devs to finally give some unique abilities to the original rogue class. So you could have pirate themed abilities, more interesting armor, a unique mount only for the seas of WOW (similar to a paladins special mount) and don't forget your very own parrot!

What do you all think?
    Terrible idea. The game and the lore is pretty much trashed anyway so why not?

To each their own but I don't want to be a pirate. No "puffy" shirts and I don't care for swashbuckling.

10+ Year Old Account
    How 'bout just a pirate-flavor spec so people can make their Rogue what they wish. We are after all potentially very versatile at least in terms of flavor. I personally prefer the special agent/assassin for Ravenholdt version.

The one thing that made me love my rogue from the start was the stealth...... Now its like hurrayy.... mages can stealth, priests can stealth, hunters can stealth....

Quote Originally Posted by Srift View Post

What do you all think?
    Mind explaining why you think rogues are outdated and useless, instead of just saying they are and going on about pirates?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    The one thing that made me love my rogue from the start was the stealth...... Now its like hurrayy.... mages can stealth, priests can stealth, hunters can stealth....
    Druids could always stealth, and just as well as rogues too. Mages can't stealth, they have invisibility on a cooldown, priest 'stealth' is really just more like a decoy and hunter 'stealth' is a poor man's stealth. Either no stealth while moving or a 50% movement speed reduction. Not to mention none of those classes have stealth specific abilities or openers, which makes stealth much more useful.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    Are you serious enh shamans are stale?! My shammy is almost unrecognisable to when i first started playing him!!

On the subject of rogues...yeah a bit samey but have still had a lot of changes over recent times but they were the first class that required you to manage two separate resources to play (energy & CP) which has been introduced to a number of others.

Personally i dont think a rogue needs much in the way of change...if you're playing your rogue properly i think they are one of the most effective and rewarding classes to play.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if every rogue suddenly ran around with a parrot on their shoulders yelling YARR!! they would no longer be "useless"? Is this the point you are trying to make?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangriel View Post
    Are you serious enh shamans are stale?! My shammy is almost unrecognisable to when i first started playing him!!

On the subject of rogues...yeah a bit samey but have still had a lot of changes over recent times but they were the first class that required you to manage two separate resources to play (energy & CP) which has been introduced to a number of others.

Personally i dont think a rogue needs much in the way of change...if you're playing your rogue properly i think they are one of the most effective and rewarding classes to play.
    It's not about being effective or rewarding, it's about being modern and not some prehistoric transcendental class.
    They should normalize energy at this point, they did with rage for warriors...

Instructions unclear, asked devs for pirate-mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Instructions unclear, asked devs for pirate-mount.
    Instructions unclear. Got dagger stuck in... Nevermind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing my rogue's shit is transmogged to make her look like a pirate then.
    Putin khuliyo

Our Rogue is significant to our Raiding Team, so as far as we're concerned they're far from useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a rogue cause i loved sneaking up on people and stun locking them. (tbc mace speced) even with that gone I still have fun on rogue but its no where near as fun as hunter or arms warrior.

rogues bring good aoe damage, good survivability, mobility, cc,interrupts and crit buff.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...pirates use lockpicks?

I'm not sure you know what "useless" means. Useless implies they are not viable in pvp or pve due to being unwanted or having no unique qualities that another class could bring. This is very inaccurate. Smoke Bomb, aoe stealth, sap, subterfuge, these are all unique and desirable things in pvp; in PVE things like cloak, feint and tricks (sucks they are removing the damage part) are cool things also. I personally loved playing my rogue in raids when I used to raid because I could cloak things that other melee would have to run from. There is alot of feeling of self-sustainability with rogues; you can stay in and do things that others can't.

This whole pirate fetish you have? Get it away from rogues. Pirates bring 0 logic to the table to have as a class/spec; pirates are people on boats who are decent with a sword and steal shit. Literally 0 sense in killing dragons in pve or being an assassin-type class in pvp.

Rogues just need some defining spec differences that could be pretty easy to make. Other than that I feel they are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

So you pretty much just don't like Rogues and want a Pirate class. That isn't how things work.