Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow EU. Lame. was going to sign up until I saw that.

Infrcated; If you have nothing to add, don't make a post like this.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-06-02 at 05:25 AM.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

I like this idea. I'm curious to see how it will go.
    Since I'm on US servers, I can't participate.
    Good luck though.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love seeing people getting creative with difficulty instead of whining. I truly wish I could join you, but not only am I on a US server, but I've only done SoO on LFR. Best of luck to you all!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by thraton View Post
    I love the ambition and good luck. Wouldn't mind coming along if you guys weren't EU.

I've been trying to remember what dps I pulled at around a 471ilvl, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't anywhere close to the 150k requirement for beating Malk (assuming 6 dps, 2 tanks, 3 heals) with me being around the 95% percentile for hunters on most encounters.
    This. I vivdly remember being one of the most geared hunters worldwide first week of MSV (at 469 ilvl, due to a lucky BMAH gun on second day of MoP, and craftables), and I've always been able to pull in top 50 ranks on basicly every boss as a hunter. I didn't break 80K on Feng that reset (74K if I recall correct), and that was rank 1 for a few weeks (granted, most people like myself moved on to heroic after first week so it'd "stay" there). Despite the buffs classes have had, 150K singletarget in 471? Yea, not gonna happen.
    Heck, if I recall correct, the "big dick swingers" singletarget was around ~120-130K at best in full heroic loot.

In fact, here's a video of Feng, which even includes some AOE to boost the numbers (but there's no good singletarget boss in T14 like Juggernaut >.<), by Method (can probably assume most of them would be ~470 average after a reset of clearing normals+optimising characters back then): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm5N5FXGh-M - highest dps didn't even break 100K (treckie is obv vengeance carried).

That said, I do wish you the best of luck. I just don't see how it's mathematically possible.

Awww, EU...

Can't wait to see the stream!

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Great for you, some people don't play as often or are as good as you.
    Why must the first post always resent the thread for even existing? It's some kind of law of the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    People have made SEVERAL claims that SoO is hard and still needs nerfs, what better way then to try and complete it with ridiculously underpowered gear in order to prove it does not?
    Probably because you're assuming those people are talking about Normal mode.

Are you allowed to use the relic trinkets or is that a no go?
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    When you have people like the OP posting ignorance that is seething with condescension? You bet.

Yet another brilliant example of the limited intelligence of the player-base when you have people like the OP thinking this "test" is a valid way to see if SoO is hard, and/or needs nerfs.
    Oh yes speak for us, you reasonable voice of the people. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This is a really awesome idea and I really wish it was US so I could participate, but I wish you the best of luck. I do have some doubts about some of the mathematics at play here, like Malkorok as mentioned above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting idea, I like it. I have only had LFR raiding experience so no idea if it's possible although others have pointed out that it's mathematically impossible.
    Nevertheless I'll watch it. I assume this thread will be updated once more info is available on when it will take place?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forward to seeing this good luck.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    There also was a blue only geared guild called "undergeared" that killed like ~7/12 in ICC.
    ICC had that 30% life/dmg buff. SoO doesn't if they really do only use blue gear it is going to be extremely difficult to get very far. Mana will almost certainly be an issue for healers, dps numbers are going to be south of 100k on almost everything. I am all for ppl undergearing fights but at a certain point math gets in the way and it becomes impossible to do what is needed to survive or kill things in time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raids was never hard after Burning Crusade. Don't see why they keep nerfing raids

I doubt they'll get very far simply because it isn't the same as ICC was, but also a nice way to show people that they just need to put a little effort in to raiding and they'll do just fine. A lot of people would get mad at being pitied and basically being told they aren't as good as other people with nerfs but I guess the WoW community has morals of it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Raids was never hard after Burning Crusade. Don't see why they keep nerfing raids
    As somebody who started playing mid BC and was next to clueless for all of it. I still managed to clear everything but SWP prior to 3.0 and would argue things were much easier once you zoned into the raids in BC then they have been since. Before SWP when you had to attune everybody the prep to raid was most of the challenge.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flex seems like a more reasonable goal than normal to be honest. Garrosh is tuned for 550 ilvl, isn't he? If we go with the theory that an increase of 1 ilvl is an increase in power of 1 % that means you literally have less than half the gear you are supposed to have.
    Last edited by Oggiva; 2014-06-02 at 02:16 AM.

I wish you luck. This really doesn't seem possible, but it'd be really cool if you were able to do it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny concept, will have to see how this turns out. I just can't see you beating the majority of the enrage timers to be fair.

good luck but this has zero impact on it being hard for the average person....

Deleted
    I'd definitely be interested in this and I'm sure a few of my guildies would too.

What classes and roles are you still looking for?