Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Things you do out of boredom.....

As we all try and make it through the content drought (thanks SoO), what are some the things you find yourself doing that you never though you would?

For example, I've started doing brawlers arena which I never thought I would, as it just didn't interest me.
    I've also downloaded an addon telling me recipes I'm missing so I'm trying to collect those.

What about everyone else?

And inb4 'just quit or stop playing', you don't want people doing that, think about it

10+ Year Old Account
    I used one night to farm syndicate mobs on my Death Knight getting Ravenholdt reputation. Then some other nights after that, I farmed 1400 or so lockboxes from Blackrock Spire on my little scrub rogue so I could get some more reputation on my DK and become exalted with Ravenholdt.

I guess I will slowly progress with Insane in the Membrane title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    MMO-C is the depressing retirement home of world of warcraft. This is where all the old and retired players come to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sometimes run around like a headless chicken in the golden lantern if I am REALLY bored. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riaya View Post
    I sometimes run around like a headless chicken in the golden lantern if I am REALLY bored. :P
    I sometimes did that, ran around in circles, in Vanilla. Usually in between questing in Tanaris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    MMO-C is the depressing retirement home of world of warcraft. This is where all the old and retired players come to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathayus View Post
    And inb4 'just quit or stop playing', you don't want people doing that, think about it
    Qui... aw pickleshoes

Log in, look at trade chat to see if there's anything interesting going on; if not, log out.

I never seem to run out of things to do. If I'm bored in WoW it means I finally have enough of my goals under control that I can play a different game for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Archaeology. Which I find is one of the most boring grinds in WoW. Especially for Tol'vir artifacts.

Its probably the closest thing to torture in-game.

Random achievements. I'm just doing Loremaster stuff now.

Last time I got that bored, I ended up being mostly responsible for my guild's Crittergeddon achievement. The penguins of Borean Tundra fear me.

There's also the "fly in random circles around whatever city" option. I usually hang out in IF, perfect city for flying circles. xD
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-06-02 at 05:23 PM.

Log off and play a different game or find something else to do.

Kill every single alliance alt in mount hyjal.

Bought Guild Wars 2. :I

Though I did get the loremaster rep up and got all the cutscenes unlocked. That was pretty neat, I hope they keep that sort of thing in the next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arenas.

They're a lot more fun than I would have suspected!!

Also, I did all the reps for Pandaren Ambassador.
    Lock rocks, made to order.

Truthfully I've been playing other Blizzard games / Archeage.

But before I stopped WoW I was mount farming / achievement whoring.

Deleted
    Getting the insane title, soon only ravenholdt left. I never ever want to see a pirate ingame again after I am done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Getting the insane title, soon only ravenholdt left. I never ever want to see a pirate ingame again after I am done.
    OH! I know what to do now
    *Gets pirate costume ready*

Look throw efukt.com more then intended

Browse forums, like MMO-Champion.

Mumble to myself.

Watch TV (the news especially).

Let my imagination run wild.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Riaya View Post
    I do that quite often Though I also did that for years on old Org bank roof (Classic/TBC).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I haven't even played trough SoO on more than one toon and that only on a low difficulty (flex) - so your introduction line goes right past my head. "As we all try and make it through the content drought"
    I've done even less, only 3 SoO LFR clears on my main. (though i ran ~17 ToT LFR because legendary cloak) Raids just never were my kind of content. But we all know that mmo-champ consists only 14/14 hc raiders and 3000 rating pvp heroes. I've not tried Brawlers, did gold dps proving grounds and never went back there. Just dinged my 9th 90lvl.

Anyway, on topic... seriously, if i have nothing to do in wow, i don't log in. But if i was forced to log in and do something, i would grind few old world reputations for BS recipes etc. Also clearing my bank alts and guild banks is neverending chore. Why the hell i can't sell my old enchanting mats for ie. 1 copper for vendor???