Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Interesting ideas, I've always thought it'd be good to have a swashbuckler tank spec for rogues though, with parries, dodges and such being a focus, but I'd like another bow class, miss being able to shoot them on my hunter/warrior

Another 4th spec thread? Really?

You can't leave out druids, they'd need something added; it would upset the balance still, but Blizzard would never give 10/11ths of the classes a new spec and not druids, that would leave a whole 1/11th with nothing to be excited about; they add a fifth for druids, 11/11 happy, and if a few people complain about it, eh.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Deleted
    I like them all, well done! Some of the best fourth specs i've seen so far.

However, Hunter and rogue could maybe be adjusted a bit to make them more distinctive from each the other class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    a 4th spec to homogenize? nah.... why bother?

I'd rather have a raid tier
    I don't like raiding and love the idea of a 4th spec. Scrap 2 raid tiers and make it happen Blizz! And you really have to think small if you can't understand how adding specs might actually spice up the game instead of screaming "bah homogenization".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knough View Post
    You can't leave out druids, they'd need something added; it would upset the balance still, but Blizzard would never give 10/11ths of the classes a new spec and not druids, that would leave a whole 1/11th with nothing to be excited about; they add a fifth for druids, 11/11 happy, and if a few people complain about it, eh.
    Yeah, no. They can get a new Boomkin model. There, that should shut them up. They have had 4 specs for years and you want more? Pardon my language, but fuck you. Don't really mean it as an insult, I just think the idea is so repugnant and worthless that IT requires me to curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Yeah, no. They can get a new Boomkin model. There, that should shut them up. They have had 4 specs for years and you want more? Pardon my language, but fuck you. Don't really mean it as an insult, I just think the idea is so repugnant and worthless that IT requires me to curse.
    I don't want more, druids are one of the two classes I don't have at 90.
    But, if everyone gets an extra spec, everyone gets an extra spec, that's how it works.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Deleted
    I always imagined hunters gaining a spec to get rid of a pet and solely focus on ranged dps but I always though that could be added to marksman, makes the most sense but overall it makes a lot of sense.

- The paladin spec seems kinda boring compared to the other new specs.
    - Shaman tank... no. How about a shaman spec with permanent pack of wolves?
    - Rogue range? Eh. Rather see more of an engineering type draw. Maybe with short range bombs they can throw?
    - Love the huntard idea.
    - Pure dps specs shouldn't heal IMO. Change mage to a physical dps casting spec. Throwing rocks, boulders, pieces of stone from nearby ect. (Mages using the force!)

I am more inclined to have another tanking spec for Paladins. Something ala Fury. They dual wield weapons and use that to draw the attention of the foes on themselves instead of the allies. I wrote a bit about how the whole thing would work here: http://cogitationesastalnaris.blogsp...-paladins.html
    I really dislike the idea of Exorcist as this is a function more appropriate for Priests. Paladins are up close, in the heat of battle, not casting incantations from atop of the hill. Also, historically speaking wherever a dualwielding style emerged, the second hand was always used for parry/block, not for the attack.

I love your photoshop edits, and I love the idea but I strongly disagree with Demon Hunter being a Warlock 4th spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Commandokev View Post
    - Shaman tank... no. How about a shaman spec with permanent pack of wolves?
    You realise rockbiter weapon, the reason shamans can use shields and the fact vanilla and early tbc enhancement tree was because they originally intended to make enhancement the same as feral with the half tank/half dps setup but decided to drop it before launch right?

Also (and I know this is beside the point as this is like a quasi fantasy thing) blizz said they want to tone down shaman summon interaction because they don't want shamans to be a pet class.

Deleted
    Expansion #6, Instead of a new Class...
    Expansion 6 won't exist.

After the fail of WOD , reducing their player base under 4 milions , with no-flying and screwing of LFR as main reasons , they will decide to stop making expansions.
    Wow will go free to play , with payed mini-"expansion"-content-patches only.

I saw in my cristall ball.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might want to post this on the official WoW forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    All classes will indeed require a hint of rebirth. Few new abilities and some revamped ones per expansion won't keep everyone interested.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Yes, Shoc. Yes. Gimme fourth spec, plus Ogres and Arakkoa.

The idea of a fourth spec for every class is not exactly new but oh well. Only problem I have with it is adding more DPS specs for classes that already have 2 or even 3 of them; this hardly make sense in a time when good tanks and healers are scarce and hard to recruit.

If I remember correctly Blizzard has never been very intrigued by the fourth spec thing though. But that might just be a diversion, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    I saw in my cristall ball.
    Nice try, but a fourth spec is still more likely than your scenario, plus they would go far below 4m before calling WoW off and they'd have replacement in the backhand if that really happens.

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Might want to post this on the official WoW forums.
    Doesn't matter; of course Blizzard have already considered that as an option and just maybe someone has already worked out some concepts that might or might not be used. They don't need us for that anymore.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-06-02 at 02:59 PM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

I like these. Hell, I wouldn't even mind them removing one current spec and adding these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    Expansion #6 will be return to Northend, but in a different timeline. It will remove all abilities except auto attack and the only feature will be a pet stable where you can customise your battle pets with new skins and hats purchasable through Blizzard store.
    This made me laugh.

OT: interesting idea but I would also fear that the game would become too similar, bland. Hmm..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    MMO-C is the depressing retirement home of world of warcraft. This is where all the old and retired players come to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    The "problem" with that is that Chi-Ji is generally the healer ancient, whereas Yu'lon is the caster one. Darkmoon trinkets, legendary cloaks, and the legendary challenge all support this.
    The Developers have said that Chi-Ji was the Ancient for the healing Monk spec first, but all the healing effects were red and it didn't look very healing-like! (I think they called spinning crane kick "exploding chickens" or something like that). So they switched it to Yulon to get the jade effects instead without changing the themes, and now they're stuck.

As always, I'm a hug fan of 4th specs. Most threads post their ideas without thinking through their ideas, but I really think yours are good Shoc.

The importance of 4th spec is that it gives more diversity to classes. As was pointed out though earlier, giving Rogues another DPS spec, is against this philosophy. However, a Ranged spec is very different from a Melee spec, and I think giving Rogues Rangers would be really cool; I had not seen that idea before.

As long as Shaman get Tanks, I am happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though "fourth specs" threads and concepts aren't a new idea, and have actually been talked to the point of being annoying by now... your suggestions are actually plausible, and I would approve of such an addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.