Thread: Mortal Kombat X

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    So what are people's favored strategies to kollecting koins for the Krypt?
    I dunno, doing the hourly/daily tower is ~10k koins. I'm in no rush to unlock stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    Is the netcode really that bad?
    I disconnect around 85% of all games.

Albeit it's probably my connection, but I've never had problems (or as bad) in any other fighting games. Even MK9.

(Xbox One)
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2015-04-21 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I dunno, doing the hourly/daily tower is ~10k koins. I'm in no rush to unlock stuff.
    Nice. I've barely dipped my toes into the towers. I've only done 1 Tower and was doing great until the final guy. It took me 14 tries to beat him since he seems to be programmed for cheese and I wasn't able to overcome it. Every time he would get close to death he would just start spamming the chest blasts, and I think the Empowered version is unblockable too. So I didn't get many coins. I barely made Bronze.

Yeah, the "easy fatality" thing doesn't make much sense to me. Like...why would you want to pay for that? You can't perform a fatality unless you win the match. If you're good enough to win the match, you should be able to handle a quick button combo. I'm not that great at stringing along huge combos and button combinations, but I've never had much trouble with fatalities.

I guess it's easy enough to mess them up and accidentally end the fight with some weak punch to the face instead of the fatality you wanted (the developers actually did that a few times during their live streams), but still.

Not that it bothers me. The cost is really low, and it's a completely optional thing that doesn't give anyone an unfair advantage, so I'm cool with it. /shrug
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-04-22 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Not that it bothers me. The cost is really low, and it's a completely optional thing that doesn't give anyone an unfair advantage, so I'm cool with it. /shrug
    Stuff like that makes me wonder if some sort of contract stipulates that the game is required to have microtransactions of some sort, and cheeky developers go and make items like those Easy Fatality tokens as a means of giving the finger back to Corporate.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Stuff like that makes me wonder if some sort of contract stipulates that the game is required to have microtransactions of some sort, and cheeky developers go and make items like those Easy Fatality tokens as a means of giving the finger back to Corporate.
    Well most likely since their Publisher was WB which they are kinda of a trash publisher so they have the make the call on about the game since they are publishing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the "easy fatality" thing doesn't make much sense to me. Like...why would you want to pay for that? You can't perform a fatality unless you win the match. If you're good enough to win the match, you should be able to handle a quick button combo. I'm not that great at stringing along huge combos and button combinations, but I've never had much trouble with fatalities.

I guess it's easy enough to mess them up and accidentally end the fight with some weak punch to the face instead of the fatality you wanted (the developers actually did that a few times during their live streams), but still.

I don't really care for fatality's too much since it eats up more time during online play since I want to keep the ball rolling and keep fighting. I mainly do the fatality 's and brutality's with friends in RL.

10+ Year Old Account
    All Character Endings

Wich one is your Favorite?

Wasn't Jason supposed to release the other day?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Think they said 6 May, that's what i've read on the forums atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    He got delayed till May 5th now.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/...bat-x-on-may-5

Should I buy this? Haven't played Mortal Combat since my Pre-teen Arcade Days.... (sigh, almost 20 years ago)

Quote Originally Posted by CLASSYASSASSIN View Post
    Should I buy this? Haven't played Mortal Combat since my Pre-teen Arcade Days.... (sigh, almost 20 years ago)
    On consoles, yeah, on pc no. I havent had that much fun in Mortal Kombat since MK3. Who cares about fatalities anyway, Brutality are where its at and baddies dont pull them off. I main Raiden storm god right now, so strong, it beats all the idiots that try to spam projectile like its injustice and its strong vs legitimate players too honestly. I have this one combo that does 47% and if it finishes off the guy during my last attack raiden starts yelling and the electicity blows their head off lol. It has good cross up too, i finish so many people that way haha.

Game is an upgrade over MK and Injustice at the same time. I hope the games picks up, its more fun to watch then SF4. It almost has hype as Marvel when good players play. People doing brutalities on stage, people will flip out lol.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2015-04-28 at 04:00 AM.

Soo if we were to talk realisticly/lorewise would raiden/kotal kahn/goro/Shinnok beat anyone and everyone super easy?
    In gameplay they have to balance it ofc so the gods can't do more dmg than others, but just dosen't feel like any of those would loose to reptile for example
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2015-04-28 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASSYASSASSIN View Post
    As previously stated, yes to consoles and probably not on PC.

If you just want to fight, the game is great and you should rush to get it. I'm having a lot of fun with it despite being pretty bad at fighting games.

If you're also interested in the story though...I would try to bag MK9/MK Komplete and run through its story first. MK9 essentially reboots the storyline, so if you haven't played MK in awhile, the story in MKX will make no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Soo if we were to talk realisticly/lorewise would raiden/kotal kahn/goro/Shinnok beat anyone and everyone super easy?
    In gameplay they have to balance it ofc so the gods can't do more dmg than others, but just dosen't feel like any of those would loose to reptile for example
    Except for Shinnok and raiden everybody on the roster can die. However many of the cast have magical ability, for exemple the Cages. Many are actually dead in the story, Kitana, LK, Kung lao. Kotal Kahn is as killable as Shao Khan, goro is simply a big creature, nothing magical about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Except for Shinnok and raiden everybody on the roster can die. However many of the cast have magical ability, for exemple the Cages. Many are actually dead in the story, Kitana, LK, Kung lao. Kotal Kahn is as killable as Shao Khan, goro is simply a big creature, nothing magical about him.
    Not that I think MK's story is bad (I actually like it), but I just figure that pretty much nothing in MK's story is canon now. Anyone can die + come back from it.

In the original timeline, characters died in one game but came back alive and well in the next game, usually with some story about how the character's soul descended to the Netherrealm but got brought back by someone else. The same thing is happening in the alternate timeline.

Then there was the whole "Liu Kang's reanimated corpse" thing in the original timeline. One of the "god" or otherwise really powerful characters is usually responsible for stuff like that (Raiden was responsible for Liu Kang's animated corpse, for example).

But yeah, that's why it doesn't bother me that Mileena gets killed in the MKX story, even though she's my favorite character. She could very easily come right back in the next game without a scratch on her and get up in D'vorah's face all like "UMAD BRO?"
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-04-28 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But yeah, that's why it doesn't bother me that Mileena gets killed in the MKX story, even though she's my favorite character. She could very easily come right back in the next game without a scratch on her and get up in D'vorah's face all like "UMAD BRO?"
    Well regarding Mileena...Her Tower storyline shows that there is basically an entire army of Mileenas that her soul drifts to whenever she dies. However, at the end of her Tower story all the Mileenas awaken with what appears to be a hive mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Goro was the champion for many ages, so just thought of him as one of the stronger people

I think it's the first MK game I didn't enjoy. I love MK's gore, but in this game it looks overdone. Xray moves are ridiculously stupid. They killed my most favorite character -- Baraka (yeah I know we may NOT kill him if we don't input the combination, I can only HOPE this will be cannon). Speaking of him, I'm sick of evil characters getting treated like shit and meatbags. These young characters are all one worse than another and on top of everything, one of them is a faggot. AND he somehow beats Kotal Khan in combat, you gotta be fucking kidding me. I hope none of those new human characters survives too long. All this dlc shit doesn't helps either. Not like I bought it anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    I think it's the first MK game I didn't enjoy. I love MK's gore, but in this game it looks overdone. Xray moves are ridiculously stupid. They killed my most favorite character -- Baraka (yeah I know we may NOT kill him if we don't input the combination, I can only HOPE this will be cannon). Speaking of him, I'm sick of evil characters getting treated like shit and meatbags. These young characters are all one worse than another and on top of everything, one of them is a faggot. AND he somehow beats Kotal Khan in combat, you gotta be fucking kidding me. I hope none of those new human characters survives too long. All this dlc shit doesn't helps either. Not like I bought it anyway...
    all the new kids die in the erron black ending
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=aO2QcdPDQmM <---- all character endings, so spoiler warning
    Bu the DLC is awsome :O jason and predator, can't wait to play as those
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2015-04-29 at 11:06 AM.