Thread: Mortal Kombat X

Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Mortal Kombat X

Well its about damn time we get an announcement on the next installment!!!

It's looking badass however the music wasn't very good in my opinion.

EDIT: More Info/Videos from E3

And more new info thanks to "checking facts"
    1 - The bee woman is called D'Vorah.
    2 - The little girl riding a brute is called Ferra. The brute ridden by a little girl is called Torr.
    3 - The green guy that appears in some fatalities by the end of the demo is called Kotal Kahn.
    4 - A 4th new character was shown, called Cassie Cage. She's Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade's daughter.
    5 - The game starts right after MK9, and ends 25 years later.
    6 - The new big bad is a returning character, but it wasn't revealed which. (My bet would be Liu Kang)
    Last edited by BarelyLegalBear; 2014-06-11 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Sub-Zero as usual.

What a weird trailer. So, pandering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont like the music in the trailer at all, but looks good. If only the actual game looked that good.

That was a weak-ass fatality.

Didn't... we all die the last game? Or do they have no connection with each other?

Also rap music not great with mortal kombat...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

What...is this?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

it's tough to be a sub-zero fan when ed boon's favorite character is scorpion.

still, the trailer is simply orgasmic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Didn't... we all die the last game? Or do they have no connection with each other?

Also rap music not great with mortal kombat...
    resurrections have happened numerous times in the past, it wouldn't have been something new.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Scorpion beat the monkey shit out of Sub Zero.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Rap music and fighting don't mix. Also scorpion has use of fire and the fatality is yanking someone's head off? Fail.

I know this is CG and it is suppose to be stylish and all but I find it weird. I mean, we are accustomed to a fast paced combat in these games yet Scorpion and Sub-Zero move like they're under water. So sluggish and unnatural.

2015? Ugh.

Also, Scorpion > Sub Zero always. And in case no one's bothered remembering the past games, even though a lot of the old heroes died in 9, since the series is a revamp we should be going into the new history's version of Deadly Alliance and onward, meaning we get Kenshi, Bo Rai Cho, the other Outlanders, probably more involvement with Shinnok since 9 kinda glazed over/ignored Gold and 4, etc. Might even see zombie Liu Kang as pure evil now since in this timeline he'll be pissed at Raiden that accidebtally killed him, whereas in the original it was Quan Chi and Tsang Tsung who killed him in a sneak attack.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    Rap music and fighting don't mix. Also scorpion has use of fire and the fatality is yanking someone's head off? Fail.
    That fatality was his signature move. ALWAYS have to have Scorpion doing that to anyone, especially the trailers. I'm just sad it was Sub-Zero that died! He's my favorite!

10+ Year Old Account
    So...pardon my ignorance...but is that supposed to be CG, ingame combat, or a mixture?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they drop the block button and swap to back to block like SF (They did this for Injustice, for example.) I'm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    I know this is CG and it is suppose to be stylish and all but I find it weird. I mean, we are accustomed to a fast paced combat in these games yet Scorpion and Sub-Zero move like they're under water. So sluggish and unnatural.
    Other way around actually, this is more realistic movement than what we usually see, but because it doesn't look perfect we perceive it as being flawed.

Edit: For the post above mine, it's CG.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    2015? Ugh.

Also, Scorpion > Sub Zero always. And in case no one's bothered remembering the past games, even though a lot of the old heroes died in 9, since the series is a revamp we should be going into the new history's version of Deadly Alliance and onward, meaning we get Kenshi, Bo Rai Cho, the other Outlanders, probably more involvement with Shinnok since 9 kinda glazed over/ignored Gold and 4, etc. Might even see zombie Liu Kang as pure evil now since in this timeline he'll be pissed at Raiden that accidebtally killed him, whereas in the original it was Quan Chi and Tsang Tsung who killed him in a sneak attack.
    These games had a story?!

Been looking forward to this one for a while. I loved the 2011 reboot, so this'll definitely make my preorder list. I'm hoping we'll find a way to free our buds from Shinnok's control.

Good god I really hope that music isn't an example of what the game is going to have. MK and hip-hop/rap have no place together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Actually kinda a fun story - about the only thing I really pay attention to with MK games as of recent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop killing my boy Sub Zero you bastards!!!! I havn't played a MK title in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    the last MK games story mode was 100 times better then the MK movies, also probably the best story mode in a fighting in my opinion anyways