Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I could be mistaken. I had thought that watching the full ad gets them more, but watching even 5 seconds of it gets them SOME money. I was curious as to why Youtube allowed us to skip ads int he first place. Why have them if you skip them anyway?
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/70-Pe...s-205654.shtml

Advertisers only pay if the users watch the full add or at least 30 seconds of it, which ever is shorter.
    On the other hand 70 Percent of Viewers Don't Skip YouTube Pre-Roll Ads
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Just pointing out the hypocrisy of your stance.

Then me having ABP running is actually helping retailers, because there are several brands of products who have had extremely annoying ads (Lysol comes to mind) which I will actively NOT purchase over their competitors based on how annoying those ads are.
    Lysol just got 72 free hits from you just by annoying you to the point that you felt the need to mention how annoying their ads are. 72 people whose brains are freshly primed with the name "Lysol" should they need to pick up more floor cleaner today.

Powerful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Lysol just got 72 free hits from you just by annoying you to the point that you felt the need to mention how annoying their ads are. 72 people whose brains are freshly primed with the name "Lysol" should they need to pick up more floor cleaner today.

Powerful stuff.
    If only it were that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/70-Pe...s-205654.shtml

On the other hand 70 Percent of Viewers Don't Skip YouTube Pre-Roll Ads
    Thanks for the update. I have no idea where I got that idea, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Kvatch View Post
    Maybe, I'm still a bit baffled as to why someone would subscribe to a Twitch channel for $5 instead of just sitting through and ad for 30 seconds. Then again, I'm sure there are many people with more money that they are willing to spend than myself so it's not really that big of a deal.
    I'm baffled why so many people watch stuff on Twitch let alone subscribe to channels on there :s