Thread: Paypal Anyone?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Paypal Anyone?

Hello, i know this is a gaming community but im hoping that someone could give me an advice and i really want to hear your oppinion about the story im going to tell you.
    So, i have a little bussiness, and i use paypal to send/receive money, up untill last week my account wasnt verified and i decided to do that so i can get my money on my credit card, and basicly to verify a paypal account you are being told to add a credit card on their website and follow a simple guideline.
    Last week i verified my account but they also limited (locked) my paypal account. After that i decided to send them an email, to which they responded that my account is linked to an account that has negative balance. To be honest i don't remember having an account with negative balance but i decided anyway to fix this and i emailed them again to tell me the account name (email) in cause so i can fix this as they requested.
    The next day i got a response telling me that i should call them on a given number and they will surely help me, which i did, and on the phone a nice lady told me that she can't tell me the account with negative balance but i will receive an email with those informations.
    The next day i received an email from paypal where they told me that they can't send such informations via email and that i should call them (on the same number), explain my problem and that i will get help. I called paypal again and again i was told that i will receive an email with information i needed. Few hours after my phone call i got the email where....Guess What!!?!?!? i was being told that i should call on a given number (same phone number i already called) and that i will get the information i need. To shorten the story the same thing happened 2 more times and i tried to explain that im stuck in a circle and that i need to talk to a superior but i was denied the request by telling me that i will receive an email with the information i need (again).
    That's about it. now im waiting for the email which i know will tell me to call to that number again.
    This is geting really frustrating, and im stuck because i can't send/receive money.
    Has anyone ever had problems with paypal? Do you have any suggestions on what i should do?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by mmoce05feee610; 2014-06-02 at 07:47 PM.

Never had any issue with PayPal. Maybe there is a link in the email that you are overseeing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I say....dont use paypal. Go with a Visa, Mastercard and others when it comes to a selling.
    Paypal support is one of the worst in the world...even worse than EA.

Expect they will send you some kind of bills and ask you to pay for them due to a support cost. However if i were you i would call a bank and ask them if some1 made a withdraw from paypal. If they did CANCEL the bank accaunt Instant!!!
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Never had any issue with PayPal. Maybe there is a link in the email that you are overseeing?
    They are saying that i might have another account with negative balance, yeah i might have but tbh i don't remember. the thing is they don't do anything to help me in fixing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    is paypal the only option out there? I would keep phoning over and over but be more forceful when you get them on the phone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    is paypal the only option out there? I would keep phoning over and over but be more forceful when you get them on the phone.
    In fact yes, there are more services like paypal but 90% of my clients use paypal. Also the ladies that answer my phone calls are clueless and from what i've seen don't have the power to help even if they wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    In fact yes, there are more services like paypal but 90% of my clients use paypal. Also the ladies that answer my phone calls are clueless and from what i've seen don't have the power to help even if they wanted.
    Just keep trying and hope you get someone who is not clueless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Just keep trying and hope you get someone who is not clueless.
    Yeah, the thing is that the phone calls are not free and roaming is quite expensive and i have to wait like 10-15 minutes everytime before i even get to talk to someone.

Deleted
    It might be they've tarred you on whatever system they use, and the chances of you opening and verifying another account is slim to none until you either A) Settle the negative balance with the original parties, or B) Realize they'll never let you open and verify another account.

But it's best to keep badgering them, it's a strange thing...

Been verified and using paypal for close to two years, both selling and buying, never had an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chinchillidae View Post
    It might be they've tarred you on whatever system they use, and the chances of you opening and verifying another account is slim to none until you either A) Settle the negative balance with the original parties, or B) Realize they'll never let you open and verify another account.

But it's best to keep badgering them, it's a strange thing...

Been verified and using paypal for close to two years, both selling and buying, never had an issue.
    Well you might be right, also as i said previously i don't really know if the account with negative it's mine as i have a dynamic IP and at some point someone for sure used the ip that i've used at some point. Then again, i have been on the internet for quite some time and i might have had another paypal account and someone opened a dispute, in any case if there is an account that is mine and has negative balance it must be under 50 euro or something like that because i've never done trades for more than 50 euros. The thing is they don't even want to help me to fix this.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything, I've had too damn good service from Paypal - damn, those guys are over-protective of my well-being.

Really good service.

Has anyone ever had problems with paypal?
    Thanks.
    Has anyone ever not had a problem with paypal? Google paypal reviews and see for yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Has anyone ever not had a problem with paypal? Google paypal reviews and see for yourself.
    Been there, done that. my problem is that they actually don't let me to fix whatever the issue i might have with paypal.

Deleted
    When I started playing Diablo 3 and sold items, they locked my account at least 4 times when I was trying to withdraw money to my bank account. Had to call them every time and they fixed it in a couple of days but god that was annoying, they asked some very private information every time too like picture of my ID and even bills with my name on.. I mean I don't even pay the bills in my household. Oh and one time I lost over $30 because my account was frozen when Blizzard sent me money..

So yes, I don't exactly look forward to using their services in the future..

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never really seen the purpose of Paypal. I have a debit card and a credit card. What does PayPal do that I can't do with those?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Paypal has some of the worst customer service of any company I have ever came across , I avoid them like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I've never really seen the purpose of Paypal. I have a debit card and a credit card. What does PayPal do that I can't do with those?
    Allow you to send money to another individual with some level of security beyond putting cash in an envelope into the mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Got to pay my Colombian drug lords somehow Reeve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Allow you to send money to another individual with some level of security beyond putting cash in an envelope into the mail.
    I can do that with my bank's online banking too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chinchillidae View Post
    Got to pay my Colombian drug lords somehow Reeve.
    My step-family's Colombian. I'll just hand my cash to them directly. (Yeah, no they've never had anything to do with drugs. Don't look too closely, NSA!)
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    <snip> Do you have any suggestions on what i should do?
    Thanks.
    Simple and most direct solution,
    Phone them.