Poll: Which races are your male characters, if you're a female player?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Female players, do you play male characters? If so, which races?

I just thought of this as I was posting in the "favorite race" thread. I'm pretty much only interested in playing female characters because I can't really identify with male characters in WoW, or have any other interest in playing them. The only exception to this are blood elf males, I have one of those. Cause in my mind, he's rather androgynous and "bi", so I can identify somewhat with him. ^^
    And he's not as much of a beefcake as most other male races.

So, female players, do you play any male characters, and if so, which races do you prefer, and why?

The poll is multiple choice, for those who have several male characters.
    Last edited by Awbee; 2014-06-02 at 09:52 PM.

I don't. All my characters have been female pretty universally. Not just in WoW, but in other MMOs too.

Deleted
    No male toons.

Well, I do have a male worgen DK because I like how he looks, I've never played him tho.

I have a male human hunter. A vain recreation of Marcus Fenix from gears of war. Ive always wanted a human hunter anyway, so the oppertunity was perfect. I actually do like how they look, and avoided the hairlip thing by using the angry face.

A male draenai shaman with the gayest haircut and mustache combo. They're obnoxiously loud and I love it. Had a blast spamming the vocal emotes. Russian accents are sexy, so I like them while everyone else thinks theyre annoying.

I generally make/play both male and female toons in a game if I can. Otherwise, I usually pick female for main.

I'm a dude but voted based on what my gf plays.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a lot of people prefer to play characters that match their gender, but that's weird to me. It's even weirder the people who judge others negatively if they don't.

That said, it does seem that females are more likely to stick to their own gender when choosing characters than males are. I'm not sure why.

Personaly, my own gender does not factor into it at all. I pick all my toons based on what looks the best aesthetically for that race. Draenei and Forsaken always female, Tauren and Worgen always male.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but the Belf guy - one of my two mains - is the only one that actually gets much attention. And he gets a lot, the little attention hog. My good lookin' bad boy Rogue with his leather and motorcycle... I don't even find "bad boy" types appealing at all IRL, just him in WoW.

He was my first male really, and have to say it did feel at little odd at first, but I'm so used to him now.

i hate playing male characters. i don't even like playing male characters in games with a set character. i don't know why it bugs me so badly, but it just makes me feel all owrghrowughuowghwohgho inside.

Yep, most of my characters are male, mostly undead male. The female characters feel like they would be 'weaker'. Haha.

I LOVE playing male characters!!!!!! I have a male blood elf and tauren I play regularly!!!! I also have a male worgen, orc, troll and panda that I play occasionally ^_^

oh yes and a gobbo...forgot to mention that.....Soulja boy dance lol ^_^
    Last edited by Moondance; 2014-06-03 at 03:16 AM.

SUPER MEAT BOY!!!!

Did do a CM run with a female player who played a male Forsaken.

Idk how it is on Alliance, but I think the reason why on the Horde you get more Male players playing Female characters than vice versa is:

The male Horde characters are so hunched and bulky and not everyone likes that style. If you want a non-hunched Horde character you only have Blood Elf male, Pandaren male (ofc which has its own problems for some) or females of all races.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-06-03 at 03:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I like my male draenei and humans. I like beefcakes. And russian accents. I think it's kind of cute how dorky and 'square' the male human is. Looking forward to the character update, though. Their faces could use it.

Overall I play about 50/50 male/female.

10+ Year Old Account
    90 male orc warrior, 90 male orc hunter, 90 male tauren druid, 90 male undead priest, 90 female undead rogue, 90 female blood elf monk, 70 male orc hunter, 70 male blood elf warlock, 68 male blood elf death knight, 56 male troll shaman, 50 female blood elf paladin, 24 female goblin mage.

I'm a dude. My current main is my boosted monk.

I only play female characters because I identify better with them. Playing male characters just isn't interesting for me!

My previous girlfriend played a Night elf male warrior. She said he looked sexy. *shrug*
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

There was a girl in one of my old guilds who played an Orc Warlock. Big ugly orc in a dress. Shattered my preconceptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I have 2 orc male characters at max level that I play. I also use to play a male undead warlock, but I race changed back to troll female.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There was a girl in one of my old guilds who played an Orc Warlock. Big ugly orc in a dress. Shattered my preconceptions.
    Prob one of the most amusing things I've heard in WoW from a player was a male Orc that was AFK come back and say "Sorry, was watching the end of..." either Project Runway or Next Top Model, which ever fashion centered reality show it was. I was like Waaaah? *head tilt* lol

Not that there are zero male viewers, but it was very strange coming from a big burly Orc character and I kinda figured it was very possibly a women behind it. lol

I think I may have as many male toons as I do female. Some races I just think work better as male (Tauren, Worgen, Forsaken). Some I think look better as female (Both elven races). It depends on what works for that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I know a lot of people prefer to play characters that match their gender, but that's weird to me. It's even weirder the people who judge others negatively if they don't.

That said, it does seem that females are more likely to stick to their own gender when choosing characters than males are. I'm not sure why.

Personaly, my own gender does not factor into it at all. I pick all my toons based on what looks the best aesthetically for that race. Draenei and Forsaken always female, Tauren and Worgen always male.
    It's all about societal implications. As if there's an unwritten rule that your character choices are a reflection upon you. You see it in regards to race sometimes as well, though to a lesser degree. There's probably even players out there who only play light skinned humans.