Thread: 90 Via Skinning

Question 90 Via Skinning

Hi all, I have set myself a mission of hitting level cap on my new character solely by killing mobs and skinning them.

I am having trouble finding any information on this such as the best spots to level for skinning or anyone else that has done this themselves. A skinning guide doesn't really take your levels into account so its not much help.

Any suggestions guys?

Quote Originally Posted by hoofy View Post
    Hi all, I have set myself a mission of hitting level cap on my new character solely by killing mobs and skinning them.

I am having trouble finding any information on this such as the best spots to level for skinning or anyone else that has done this themselves. A skinning guide doesn't really take your levels into account so its not much help.

Any suggestions guys?

As in.. level 1-90 via skinning? Or 85-90.
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

Any suggestions guys?
    Find any beast your level, kill, skin. Simple as that. Most skinning guides for max leather are out of date. Especially some about cata skinning. The horses in hillsbrad foothills no longer insta respawn so they are not a good choice anymore. Really only thing you can do is look at areas with high respawn rates. So try some guides, if only to find the best spot to skin while you are that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Wasn't there a guy doing 1-90 by doing herbs? Except his challenge was more difficult. He's doing 1-90 on a neutral monk!

Idk how that's going though.

Good luck doing the skinning path though!
    Funny you mention that. I thought of him. Hes 88 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Find any beast your level, kill, skin.
    This is pretty much all there is to it. Find a place with quite a few mobs or have a fast-ish respawn and that's it. Have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Funny you mention that. I thought of him. Hes 88 now.
    Aye, Doubleagent is level 88, but the gap between 1-84 and 85-90 is so big, that's in terms of experience, he's a bit more than halfway there.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    This is pretty much all there is to it. Find a place with quite a few mobs or have a fast-ish respawn and that's it. Have fun.
    I have found a few spots currently in loch modan with a fast respawn rate but Im just trying to find the best xp for the grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not many people would think of doing this, so even if someeon were to have some info it's unlikely it's been widely tested. When undertaking a journey like you are, part of the road there is finding out how to do it, especially since it's an uncommon journey.

I think you'll mostly just have to go from memory of where there's lots of beasts, and go there to skin and find a spot that's good, or several areas you can rotate through.

EDIT: off the top of my head, some areas that should have a spot to level somewhere or at least enough beasts to keep you busy even with lower respawn rates: Stranglethorn Vale, Nagrand, Borean Tundra, Vashj'ir (I think more so then Hyjal, might be wrong) and Valley of the 4 Winds.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2014-06-02 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not many people would think of doing this, so even if someeon were to have some info it's unlikely it's been widely tested. When undertaking a journey like you are, part of the road there is finding out how to do it, especially since it's an uncommon journey.

I think you'll mostly just have to go from memory of where there's lots of beasts, and go there to skin and find a spot that's good, or several areas you can rotate through.
    I reckon I could make my own guide at this rate!

I reckon I could make my own guide at this rate!
    You could. Keep in mind things that will effect your leveling time is CRZ. The amount of people in the area killing those same things will also effect it. Not to mention any high levels wanting to swoop in and insta kill Everything to level their skinning / leather working. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think the act of skinning gives any exp?

I'm confused as to what skinning has to do with this unless you're just trying to do a "1-90 via beasts only"; skinning doesn't give exp.

Last edited by wolffish; 2014-06-03 at 09:02 AM. Reason: fix link

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    I'm confused as to what skinning has to do with this unless you're just trying to do a "1-90 via beasts only"; skinning doesn't give exp.
    Yes hence the leveling via skinning Beasts only, that is where the xp is from.

When did they give skinning XP? Last I skinned on a low level character, it didn't.

NVM. Saw poster above. lol