Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Brother wants to date ex-friends ex? Is this okay?

Alright, so. My brother (who is 22) was asking me if I thought it would be okay if he were to date an ex-friends ex?

I say ex-friend because, apparently, he cussed everyone out and decided he hated everyone who associated with a mutual friend between the two. He cheated on this girl with 3-4 other girls and hasn't talked to my brother in about 6 months. I told him it was a non-issue because the guy is obviously a total douche and doesn't care about a friendship.

Thoughts? I'm just trying to see what the community consensus is.

Eh, I don't see a problem. Date whoever you want, and in this case it doesn't seem like it'd matter anyway.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    An ex-friend is not a friend, fuck his feelings on the matter.

The only thing not okay about it is someone else asking on an internet forum for approval.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    So...

He used to have a friend, who had an ex and he cheated on her multiple times and moved on from her circle of friends; I'd say yes, fuck him, with a rusty nail ridden bat.

Only if you're on good terms should you bother to ask, but in this case, goal is open wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    The only thing not okay about it is someone else asking on an internet forum for approval.
    ^Yeah pretty much this. Actually a forum (especially a forum dedicated to an MMO) isn't the greatest thing.

BUT OT: Tell him to go for it. If he likes her, and she likes him, nothing stopping them. The friend isn't a friend any longer, nothing to lose.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    ^Yeah pretty much this. Actually a forum (especially a forum dedicated to an MMO) isn't the greatest thing.

BUT OT: Tell him to go for it. If he likes her, and she likes him, nothing stopping them. The friend isn't a friend any longer, nothing to lose.
    I must be confused what Off-Topic means then. I just wanted a consensus to make sure I'm not fucked up with my advice.

Bro's before hoe's. But when your bro decides not to be your bro anymore, and also happens to be an ass...Give the girl a shot and be good to her.

i'm guessing you wanna date an current friend's ex
    that's fucked up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    You just killed the thread.

But it will still go on for about 500 pages of nonsensical back and forth arguing lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

They aren't friends anymore, and it doesn't sound like the girl did anything wrong anyway, so I'd say it's fair game all around. Usually the whole bro code thing refers to not dating a girl who's hurt one of your friends.

Even if he was the guy's best friend, the dude cheated on the girl. You don't get to claim hurt feelings if you cheat like that.

Adults don't have claims on other adults (unless they are married and swore a vow). The only requirement for dealings with adults is honesty and openness.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    Adults don't have claims on other adults (unless they are married and swore a vow). The only requirement for dealings with adults is honesty and openness.
    It's more along the lines of "It'll hurt my feelings if you date her because it'll me contact with her, etc."

But if he cheated so much he obviously doesn't give a fuck.

No, that is not ok. I do not give him permission to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    only logical reason to ask this question is does he want his sloppy seconds? if yes then go for it, if no then why are you asking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like ex-friend is a major douche. Bro code doesn't apply.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by sargior View Post
    only logical reason to ask this question is does he want his sloppy seconds? if yes then go for it, if no then why are you asking.
    This guy kind of has a point. I mean, if it's still sloppy, like 6 months later? That's a definite no.

who gives a shit about anything an "ex-friend" thinks. your sentence is basically "is it cool do date a chick who used to date some guy." i mean how obvious is the answer to that. this did not even need to be asked.
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    An ex-friend is not a friend, fuck his feelings on the matter.
    Agreed, Guy clearly does't gives two shits about your brother and the girl he cheated on multiples times, I say F him too!