Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    So then you are only allowed to have one character in WoW if you are going to treat it like that.
    Lol

IT
    IS
    A
    VIDEO
    GAME

The characters aren't real beings, I control all of my characters.

Account bound gear/Mounts/Pets disagree with the multiple characters concept already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveGerardWay View Post
    Why do you need to have exalted with old reputations when you reroll?
    Say your main since vanilla has 38 exalted reps and you are going for the exalted title. Well, youve struggled lately with enjoyability and need a change, and you no longer enjoy your class, so you reroll. Still interested in the title, you must now raise 40 more reps to exalted, instead of what you had on your old main.

You dont see a problem with that? Inconveniences like that are what shun people quit the game and not want to continue. Thats a big deal. Being punished severely because you no longer enjoy a class.

This is a video game, not real life. Its supposed to be convenient.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is that important. Mind you I am starting my 6th exalted with black prince farm now..

I understand why they dont, but it would be nice if they did for old factions. Even if its a couple expacs old, so vanilla through wrath would currently be account wide and in then in WoD vanilla through cata would be account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Reputations take so much time farming, hundreds of hours. I think its extremely unfair how, if someone decides to main switch after 7 years, I have to completely start over with reputations. Especially how they dont accumulate for the Exalted achievement.

Does anyone else feel reputations should be account wide like titles and mounts?
    Stop being lazy. If you want your other toons to be exhaulted, then make them so. If not, than don't. Honestly, what's the point of making it account bound, anyway? Outside of Cloud serpent rep, there's really nothing that any reputations give you that you can't use from an alt.

It would be nice, but so far the most we will get is just increased gains for alts. I could be mistaken, but I recall some talks about alts being able to start at honored or revered if another toon was exalted starting in WoD perhaps. Could just be some blue post speculation I misread.
    Stay salty my friends.

I have 2 "mains" purely because of the Exalted title and because while my account says 15k achievements, in the guild tab, my Paladin says 12.5k and the next closes is about 7k.

Kind of funny that my achievement main, who's not actually my main, is exalted with Emperor Shaohao and my actual main isn't. No way was I going to grind that out twice, and since there was no real gameplay advantage to doing it, may aswell keep the total Exalted reps ticking up on the same character. Great game design there.

It is only an issue when there are things gated behind the reputation which are really USEFUL to others.

If they choose carefully what they gate behind reputations, to not put desirable levelling gear behind it then there won't be a need for them to be account-wide.
    More cosmetic/optional stuff, like transmog/mounts/pets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    Stop being lazy. If you want your other toons to be exhaulted, then make them so. If not, than don't. Honestly, what's the point of making it account bound, anyway? Outside of Cloud serpent rep, there's really nothing that any reputations give you that you can't use from an alt.
    Even the cloud serpent riding requirement is being removed.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-06-03 at 01:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    It has zero to do with being lazy and 100% to do with grinding reps per toon having absolutely no gameplay or rp value whatsoever. It is nothing but an inconvenience. I should not have to do pointless monotenous grinds on every toon.

The problem is there has to be a line somewhere. Yes its somewhat arbitrary, but so is a ton of stuff in this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Or another way to put it: there is no practical reason to have the drop rate of Attumen's mount be 1%.

Things like no account wide reputation are likely intended to create a larger sense of accomplishment when you finish it. Ultraxion's mount is infinitely cooler than the Bronze Drake for example for most solely due to rarity. Neither are hard (certainly won't be in WoD), but one is rare and the other isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    It has zero to do with being lazy and 100% to do with grinding reps per toon having absolutely no gameplay or rp value whatsoever. It is nothing but an inconvenience. I should not have to do pointless monotenous grinds on every toon.
    But it does have RP value, and it does have gameplay value.
    How does it make sense that Character 2 should be exalted with factions whose constituents he's never even met before just because Character 1 is exalted with those factions?
    It adds gameplay value because it emphasizes the actions of an individual character as opposed to the actions of the player behind the character. This is an RPG after all.

Toys, pets, mounts, and heirlooms make sense if you think about them as things kept at the mutual home of Characters 1 and 2. Reputations do not make sense.
    They should not go account-bound ever.

Deleted
    I would for it to happen. Or atleast somekind of buff if you are exalted on another character. Reputations is the reason I never fully change my main.

Yeah, it's ridiculous that they aren't shared. It's a player achievement, not a class achievement. I didn't grind out all that battleground reputation because I was a warlock, I did it because I played a load of battlegrounds, and it's irritating that I can't use that title on other characters.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see whats so hard about going out and farming rep, it doesnt take long for some of the factions in game, wrath/cata/mop/race faction rep are so easy to get, most of the reps in BC aren't hard either, I thought this game was about progressing characters? or was I wrong?

I've changed mains over the years (currently leveling my new main for WoD) and I will go back and farm reps/achs when I get to 90 in between doing other things on other toons.

It saves me from being idle in Shrine, having something to aim for is good.

Make the PvP ones account-wide, then.

I have the 40 rep achievement on my old main, pre-MoP, I even did Warsong rep. I really don't want to do that one all over again to continue the '# of reps' achievements on my new main... ><

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    The sooner everything is account wide the better. Anyone who says otherwise is living in an era of WoW that has long since passed.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. I could see some factions like aldor/scryers staying at character level, but anything else should be full on account bound. Making a new character with shit gear and starting over from scratch is the disadvantage of a new toon. We're in a time now in wow when you can flat our purchase max level characters, all arguments about "working" for something measly like a reputation, especially older ones, are essentially moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    How is that not the same thing?
    Comparing fictional character faction reputations in an online video game to the invention of the printing press is silly. That's why it's not the same thing. I'm going to come down to the idea that your character is a unique entity in Azeroth and reputations should be a personal thing. However, I can see some of them being account wide on a faction basis sort of like a 'family' reputation as it were or having them greatly accelerated as a ironic form of nepotism.

Having them account-wide across both factions? No. Nothing you do on one faction should have anything to do with characters on the other faction.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

One of the main complaints with reps this expansion had to do with the legendary cloak. I think I remember them saying they're not going to include as much grindy stuff for the next easy-mode legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Comparing fictional character faction reputations in an online video game to the invention of the printing press is silly. That's why it's not the same thing. I'm going to come down to the idea that your character is a unique entity in Azeroth and reputations should be a personal thing. However, I can see some of them being account wide on a faction basis sort of like a 'family' reputation as it were or having them greatly accelerated as a ironic form of nepotism.

Having them account-wide across both factions? No. Nothing you do on one faction should have anything to do with characters on the other faction.
    Sorta like how they did legacies in SWTOR. I could definitely get behind the shared rep/same faction idea. Reps just aren't fun to grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Might not go for full account bind, but if ur Revered with an faction ud get +100% rep for said faction for all ur other characters
    You do realize that Pepsi is a cola right?
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2014-06-03 at 02:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    How does it make sense that Character 2 should be exalted with factions whose constituents he's never even met before just because Character 1 is exalted with those factions?
    It adds gameplay value because it emphasizes the actions of an individual character as opposed to the actions of the player behind the character. This is an RPG after all.

Toys, pets, mounts, and heirlooms make sense if you think about them as things kept at the mutual home of Characters 1 and 2. Reputations do not make sense.
    Im sorry but no. Youre using strawman to justify already account bound things. That is completely hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post

Sure it makes sense. Tell me, how are US soldiers looked at in Japan? Even without meeting individual US soldiers, many Japanese people have formed a negative opinion about them. (Vis a vis never meeting constituents.)

Instead of thinking about it as the player behind the character, think of it as soldiers of a common unit.

Edit: I'm also not sure how you've kept your name for over 2k posts.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2014-06-03 at 02:27 AM.