So is the best farming method...

To simply run bounties on normal, as fast as you can (to acquire the most keystone fragments / hour), and then when you do rifts, pick the highest difficulty you can handle?

Or....

It doesn't have to be on normal, but the thing is, you get the same amount of rift keys, so that's just what most people seem to be doing.

If you join the bounty community, you can usually find people who are doing split bounties in an act, or splitting up to do multiple acts at the same time.

As for Rifts, yeah, do whatever you can handle, as long as you're not killing things incredibly slowly, or dying a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best way to get geared up is to aim for higher content. In other words. Play the game as its set out. Try T1 if you can farm it NP. Hit T2 and so on. Join MP games or run with a guild to make stuff go faster. I work 50 hours a week playing around 2 - 4 hours a day. I have my Barb, DH and Crusader all T6 ready fully geared. Playing the game like a job is going to burn you out. Have fun and play the way you want to and the loot will come in time.

There is no "Best" way to farm. Friend used to brag and about a run he did where he was getting 8-10 legendarys an hour. I play some T6 MP with him and i find 21 in 45mins. RNG is RNG.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Deleted
    For EXP joining Bounty games that your clan members prepared so there is just one mob left to kill.

Legendary wise, no idea i was farming t4 rifts and got around 6 during the community buff!

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    youtube "split bounty groups" they all run on normal.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're talking purely Legendaries, Rifts are the best way to farm, by far.
    For anything else, meaning EXP and Gold, Bounties are superior.

Personally I would not recommend running Normal bounties. Yes, it's far faster to get the bags - however, you are costing yourself TONS of Exp, Gold, and not too few drops you would normally get while running Bounties on your highest farmable difficulty.

Also, Bounty bags have an increased legendary drop chance scaling with Torment level. So if you can run Torment 2, 3 etc bounties, run those, not Normal.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Also, Bounty bags have an increased legendary drop chance scaling with Torment level. So if you can run Torment 2, 3 etc bounties, run those, not Normal.
    What patch did they add this?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    What patch did they add this?
    It was in the last patch. Only effects T2+ though.

"Now have an increased chance to drop Legendary items on Torment II - VI"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plog View Post
    It was in the last patch. Only effects T2+ though.

"Now have an increased chance to drop Legendary items on Torment II - VI"
    So then if you're not able to clear T2+ effectively, then it'd still be smarter to just do normal bounties?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    So then if you're not able to clear T2+ effectively, then it'd still be smarter to just do normal bounties?
    Well thats only relevant to legendaries dropping from Horadric Cache's, you'll still get more legendaries on higher difficulties so just do the highest difficulty that you can easily farm. If mobs die quick anyway theres not gonna be a big time saving by doing it on normal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plog View Post
    Well thats only relevant to legendaries dropping from Horadric Cache's, you'll still get more legendaries on higher difficulties so just do the highest difficulty that you can easily farm. If mobs die quick anyway theres not gonna be a big time saving by doing it on normal.
    Ok, thanks. Been wondering how exactly I should go about getting gear so I can work on running torment

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    my advice. if ur running the bounty's for rorg just run normal split farm u get a cache every 3 min and the loot table stays smaller cause of no torment items. if ur running just for keys then split farm at a higher difficulty so u get decent xp and possible loot. if ur soloing while hoping for gear than run whatever difficulty u can.
    Last edited by siafu; 2014-06-04 at 02:59 PM.

The best farming method is for RNG to be in your favor. You'll burn yourself out by farming items, just log in when you want to have some fun, then log out when you stop having fun.